HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:46 PM View Post
iweiooisdhf
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:29 AM
Pennsylvania, USA
Joined Sep 2008
358 Posts
SPAM ALERT!!
crazy8s is offline Find More Posts by crazy8s
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:18 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,263 Posts
I thought you wrote about me
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:32 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,267 Posts
So Renato, are we getting hall effect gimbals on the frsky radios??
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:26 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,263 Posts
No, who said this ? I wrote about pots, not hall sensors !
Good quality pots from brand radios are cheaper than you expect... what do you think about less than $2 (at mouser, volume purchase) the sensors used in Futaba radios, sold as spare service parts for about $5 ?
These are not even pots, they are called angular position sensors (made by Murata), looks and behave externally as a pot - 10k, but internally are a bit more sophisticated, an resistive area made from plastic, not carbon as in regular pots, cursorless, so no wear, rated for 1 million cycles !
Sincerely... the magnetic sensors are that kind of bling to get people money, as Aluminium carved cases
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:30 AM
Outta Sight
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Jul 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post

Anyone pointing a real bad point will get a bonus
U11 doesnt look too good.
RolandS888 is offline Find More Posts by RolandS888
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:31 PM
The Big Kahuna of Foam.
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Things derailed quite too much off-topic, so, if it is to rant, let at least rant on topic, for example, the new radio motherboard

Anyone pointing a real bad point will get a bonus
You could change the silk screen so that all the component identifiers could be read with without turning the board 180 degrees. Also there is some excess flux on some of the solder joints. Water based flux is easer to clean off and makes the board look nicer. All in all it is a nice looking board.
bkahuna is offline Find More Posts by bkahuna
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:55 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,054 Posts
Quote:
No, who said this ? I wrote about pots, not hall sensors !
Good quality pots from brand radios are cheaper than you expect... what do you think about less than $2 (at mouser, volume purchase) the sensors used in Futaba radios, sold as spare service parts for about $5 ?
These are not even pots, they are called angular position sensors (made by Murata), looks and behave externally as a pot - 10k, but internally are a bit more sophisticated, an resistive area made from plastic, not carbon as in regular pots, cursorless, so no wear, rated for 1 million cycles !
Sincerely... the magnetic sensors are that kind of bling to get people money, as Aluminium carved cases
Hall sensors can't be that expensive because this uses a hall effect sensor and sells for $23.99. (this is actually a relabled Blue Arrow DMS-28013MG)

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...11sec_26g.html

Internally it has a sensor chip on a daughterboard and a plastic housing with a magnet on a shaft that slides over it. The magnet sits just above the chip and the servo knows the position of the output gear by sensing the direction the magnet is pointing.

Great servos btw, really smooth with good centering and almost nonexistent deadband. I'm using them on my Tarot 500 and I can crank the cyclic gains almost to maximum without causing cyclic wobble. Makes me wonder why Futaba and Hitec aren't doing this.

EDIT: Beenflying posted some information about these chips in the 450 thread a while back. He was the one that recommended these servos to me.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post23201004
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7038
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Jan 21, 2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 09:28 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,798 Posts
Please correct me if I'm wrong -- but I have been told Hall effect sensors are temperature sensitive. If so, calibration would need to be done for differing temperatures.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:49 AM
United States, OR
Joined Jan 2013
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong -- but I have been told Hall effect sensors are temperature sensitive. If so, calibration would need to be done for differing temperatures.
depends on the choice of sensor IC's they make some for use in Diesel turbos now a days.
dracozny is offline Find More Posts by dracozny
Old Jan 21, 2013, 01:43 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracozny View Post
depends on the choice of sensor IC's they make some for use in Diesel turbos now a days.
I guess they would use those for tray transmitters.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:02 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,263 Posts
Not good for people wearing magnetic bracelets for medical purpose
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:26 AM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Great servo btw, really smooth with good centering and almost nonexistent deadband.
you are lucky because I have not heard the same from other helicopter pilots.
as far as I know there is no other international distributor besides HK, it remains a chinese servo for me.
I have the dealer price list of many chinese servos, I don't buy because I don't trust them too much.... only for foamies.
last week I got the price list of these new servos, they look not bad on the paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Makes me wonder why Futaba and Hitec aren't doing this.
JR uses this technology (hall effect sensors) in their high end servos and charges a premium for it, which is bull because these hall effect sensor chips were developed to provide a lower cost alternative to high quality pots in consumer electronics not because they're more accurate.(they aren't, just better price vs performance and they last longer)
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:21 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,263 Posts
Strange reasoning...
So for you KST are no more a "just chinese" only because it has an US seller? Even they are sold at HK too rebranded as Turnigy ?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:38 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
3,547 Posts
Boy this threat is going all over the place lol, that's what happens when we are left to wonder when this controls ever gonna appear then?

re post above, brushless servos sound interesting, I have had servos burn out on me many times mostly in my gliders which get a lot of flying time and it's always been the motor followed by the transistors which I presume the brushes had worn out causing the problem, with metal gears would a brushless servo be pretty much bullet proof do you think, obviously as long as it's not driven beyond limits or stalled?

I would love to have some 5 to 9 gram ones, it would take away another weak point in our planes.
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Last edited by nigelsheffield; Jan 21, 2013 at 06:49 AM.
Closed Thread