Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:55 PM
Joined Oct 2011
140 Posts
Define "still" It was never officially confirmed and because we get no official information whatsoever, it was not confirmed, no other date was mentioned and it was not denied either.
mihlit is offline Find More Posts by mihlit
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:02 PM
Total Newbie
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Dec 2012
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihlit View Post
Define "still" It was never officially confirmed and because we get no official information whatsoever, it was not confirmed, no other date was mentioned and it was not denied either.
Sooooo.......This is not happening by March D:
Really had my hopes up to grab the X9D ASAP (first radio btw)
There go my hopes of flying by March now
jkishan16 is offline Find More Posts by jkishan16
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:05 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Cumbernauld
Joined Nov 2008
97 Posts
This question was asked on the Q&A section of the FrSky website:

" iv heard that fr-sky are making their own transmiter due for release soon is this correct and when??? if so i will hold off buying a turigy 9xr form hobbyking

January 10 , 2013

Hi Martin, yes, we will release our own transmitter very soon. Please pay on our website for update news. Best regards,Kevin "
Cumbernauld is offline Find More Posts by Cumbernauld
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:24 PM
Joined Oct 2011
140 Posts
Cumbernauld:
I've seen that, but you forgot to translate it from marketing english to normal english. In marketing english "very soon" can mean half a year (for example you are planning to complete testing phase after two weeks, but you discover some problem which leads to another delay,....). Until you get some fixed date/range (like "in 3-5 weeks") every non specific date means nothing.
mihlit is offline Find More Posts by mihlit
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:30 PM
Total Newbie
Joined Dec 2012
469 Posts
Although that sound like the type of inquiry I had,it CERTAINLY wasn't me,
I have a better way of conversing with my words :P
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:57 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkishan16 View Post
first radio btw
My advice that you didn't ask for: don't do that to yourself. Don't make your first radio some unproven, new to market, who-know-what-is-what-is-what radio. Get a 9x. Cheap, proven... done.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:50 PM
St Catharines Canada
Joined May 2002
881 Posts
I thought it would be really great if I could plug in and mount my Tablet to the X12D but then reality struck I bought a LameBerry PayBook. Its very unlikely anyone would program RC/FrSky software for that RIMjob.

Richard
The Tellurian is offline Find More Posts by The Tellurian
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:21 AM
Total Newbie
Joined Dec 2012
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
My advice that you didn't ask for: don't do that to yourself. Don't make your first radio some unproven, new to market, who-know-what-is-what-is-what radio. Get a 9x. Cheap, proven... done.
I was aiming for the 9xr as it has half the Mods per-fitted for me,I'm new,so don't wanna solder to ,ess around with the 9X,and adding smartieparts would be an expensive task because my main goal is the X9D(after its proven) :P
Besides,it can't be THAT bad apart from the first-product bugs :P
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:45 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkishan16 View Post
I was aiming for the 9xr as it has half the Mods per-fitted for me,I'm new,so don't wanna solder to ,ess around with the 9X,and adding smartieparts would be an expensive task because my main goal is the X9D(after its proven) :P
Besides,it can't be THAT bad apart from the first-product bugs :P
My 9XR is going fine, I waited and got it from the 2nd batch to go into stock and i dont seem to have the issues of Batch 1. all switches work, on/off switch works properly, buttons dont stick etc. Basically it works as described. I reflashed mine to Open9X as a prelude to the open X9D of the frsky. Will buy either an X9D or X12D.
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:09 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,539 Posts
Quote:
Getting a proven radio is good advice IMHO getting a 9X isnt it may be cheap but just look at the length of the thread about it. No go for one of the established manufacturers such as Hitec, Futaba etc and keep it simple.

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:56 AM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
1,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
Getting a proven radio is good advice IMHO getting a 9X isnt it may be cheap but just look at the length of the thread about it. No go for one of the established manufacturers such as Hitec, Futaba etc and keep it simple.

Terry
Length of the thread has nothing to do with the quality of the radio. Look at this thread! The FRSKY radios are not even out yet! The 9x is a good radio for the price. Hopefully the FRSKY radios will be better for the price.
snipeworm is online now Find More Posts by snipeworm
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:46 AM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
I still suggest to a newbie... go for a 9x. Cheap, reliable... mod-able in every way you want but not at all necessary for a beginner. The 9xr is basically a copy of the 9x, but there's already been a ton of complaints. I finally got mine and its not as bad as I figured after reading all the complaints, but the PCB quality is pretty horrible and there's just no room in there for any future mods. Still, for a new user... I'd suggest the 9x over the 9xr for sure. At least for now. And don't even think of modding it until you're used to flying. Mind you... I hated all the (sound) advice I got when I was beginning. I wanted an 8ch SU-47 and I wanted it NOW. Once that turned into confetti though... I started to wonder if those people knew what they were talking about.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:31 PM
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Sep 2008
1,676 Posts
Quote:
I still suggest to a newbie... go for a 9x. Cheap, reliable... mod-able in every way you want but not at all necessary for a beginner. The 9xr is basically a copy of the 9x, but there's already been a ton of complaints. I finally got mine and its not as bad as I figured after reading all the complaints, but the PCB quality is pretty horrible and there's just no room in there for any future mods. Still, for a new user... I'd suggest the 9x over the 9xr for sure. At least for now. And don't even think of modding it until you're used to flying. Mind you... I hated all the (sound) advice I got when I was beginning. I wanted an 8ch SU-47 and I wanted it NOW. Once that turned into confetti though... I started to wonder if those people knew what they were talking about.
I concur, at least until a few more 9XR batches are produced and some of the quality issues are sorted out. Yes, you do have to install a programmer or a Smartieparts board if you want er9x or open9x in the 9x. But you don't have to flash new firmware to use the 9x.

Maybe when the matching modules come out, the lack of an external antenna might make the 9XR attractive. At the moment, the problems of the 9XR outweigh any advantages. It's not yet the kind of 'plug and play' version of the 9x it was meant to be.
pmullen503 is online now Find More Posts by pmullen503
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:31 PM
Total Newbie
Joined Dec 2012
469 Posts
Quote:
LOL,I TOTALLY feel what you mean there,it was the SR-71 that got me into this hobby and that's the ONLY plane I'm willing to go through all this learning process for :P
We're not very different there,
But I still want the 9XR because it already has all the mods pre-fitted and it's relatively cheaper and I can always just dispose it for the X9D
9XR = $50
9X+ back-light +smartieparts = $100

I'm going to get the Frsky module for both so I wont consider the module price anyways,Shipping also same price

So yea...
Just my 2c :P
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:56 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
"all the mods"? It has a backlight (not really a big deal). And a port for a programmer (but not the programmer itself so you still have to account for that). And if you want other mods like telemetry (since you're getting FrSky) you're in for wicked soldering and on a PCB that's worse quality. Want sound? Tough (for now anyway).

But its not really about the cost. Its that as a new user you should be working with a known commodity that people can provide consistent advice for.

It was my SU-47 to turn into a fine mist of white dust... its your mistakes to make too.
Closed Thread