SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:58 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,819 Posts
The FrSky radios will have internal FRSky RF with telemetry, plus a slot at the back for a common JR-shaped module.
So you'll be able to put your FlySky module in the slot, providing it has its own antenna (not the Turnigy "hardwired" version unless you modify it).
Of course you won't have telemetry with FlySky receivers. Telemetry will be shown on the radio's screen only when you use telemetry-enabled FrSky receivers and the sensors you want.
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:21 AM
Joined Oct 2011
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91-ZULU View Post
I hear your argument on cost of development, material and the rest, so explain to me how it is that the stick on the Jeti broke off if it is made with the BEST material ?
That's easy to explain
1) Their sticks are hollow, because they allow to add switch to the top of the stick.
2) Radio itself has massive aluminium case, so it's heavy. That's why they chose aluminium alloy stick instead of other heavier material.
3) During the beta test, none of the beta testers was aggressively flying 3D acro pilot pushing sticks hard from one edge to other, so they did not know this can happen. He said it was his third fly. There are other people using that radio almost daily with no such problem. This means it's not usual breakage, sticks were used harder than expected or there was some defect in material. It's not like this is regularly happening to more people.

And what may be interesting for you is what he said in the end:
"""I may keep the radio. There isn't really any other tx on the market getting even close to the Jeti""" so given the failure and plane lost, he still thinks this is the best radio he can get and he will use it again.

I think this single unusual (given it happen to only one guy and during just third fly) is not that critical how it is presented. (Well, it is critical for him, because he lost his plane, but it does not say much about quality of that jeti radio.)

I won't react JETI topic any more. I feel odd defending company I don't like.
mihlit is offline Find More Posts by mihlit
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:27 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined Apr 2012
360 Posts
Nice, i thought this was the case, my module does have the external antenna and i dont care for the telemetry at this point for my current models. So another question i probably should research more but while your here - its only voltage/current and range that will display without adding extra sensors on the plane?
micka80ella is offline Find More Posts by micka80ella
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:30 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,819 Posts
With nothing special you get signal quality of both ends, and depending on the receiver model also receiver voltage. A simple cable with 2 resistors can give you an additional battery voltage, and all the other values require more sensors.
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:33 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined Apr 2012
360 Posts
Thankyou Kilrah, you have been a great help and i appreciate it. I look forward to a release date on either
micka80ella is offline Find More Posts by micka80ella
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:10 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihlit View Post
3) During the beta test, none of the beta testers was aggressively flying 3D acro pilot pushing sticks hard from one edge to other, so they did not know this can happen.
I agree with most of your post and suspect this stick failure is a one off anomaly, but your statement about no 3D during beta testing is definitely incorrect - there several vids of Bruckman and the DS16 on YouTube:

Gernot Bruckmann - Final Freestyle ETOC 2012.mp4 (2 min 39 sec)

6/10, could do better...
MattyB is offline Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: EFX Racer
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:13 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micka80ella View Post
Nice, i thought this was the case, my module does have the external antenna and i dont care for the telemetry at this point for my current models. So another question i probably should research more but while your here - its only voltage/current and range that will display without adding extra sensors on the plane?
Current requires a sensor, a big one actually... not so useful as you might think.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:39 AM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
but your statement about no 3D during beta testing is definitely incorrect
this is 3D!! http://youtu.be/gRhGiaLBhOs?t=2m
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:27 AM
Joined Aug 2009
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihlit View Post
That's easy to explain
1) Their sticks are hollow, because they allow to add switch to the top of the stick.
2) Radio itself has massive aluminium case, so it's heavy. That's why they chose aluminium alloy stick instead of other heavier material.
3) During the beta test, none of the beta testers was aggressively flying 3D acro pilot pushing sticks hard from one edge to other, so they did not know this can happen. He said it was his third fly. There are other people using that radio almost daily with no such problem. This means it's not usual breakage, sticks were used harder than expected or there was some defect in material. It's not like this is regularly happening to more people.

And what may be interesting for you is what he said in the end:
"""I may keep the radio. There isn't really any other tx on the market getting even close to the Jeti""" so given the failure and plane lost, he still thinks this is the best radio he can get and he will use it again.

I think this single unusual (given it happen to only one guy and during just third fly) is not that critical how it is presented. (Well, it is critical for him, because he lost his plane, but it does not say much about quality of that jeti radio.)

I won't react JETI topic any more. I feel odd defending company I don't like.
OK then you should stop because you don`t know the facts it seems.
91-ZULU is offline Find More Posts by 91-ZULU
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:05 PM
Chipping Norton, UK
Joined Jul 2006
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
The FrSky radios will have internal FRSky RF with telemetry, plus a slot at the back for a common JR-shaped module.
So you'll be able to put your FlySky module in the slot, providing it has its own antenna (not the Turnigy "hardwired" version unless you modify it).
Of course you won't have telemetry with FlySky receivers. Telemetry will be shown on the radio's screen only when you use telemetry-enabled FrSky receivers and the sensors you want.
The impression I got was that the RF was module based not internal, one module with a switch to change between different FR Sky rxs. Put a different module in for other systems or FR sky V8. The FR Sky module will use the internal antenna.
I may well have misunderstood.
Graham 65 is offline Find More Posts by Graham 65
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:24 AM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
That wire *will* eventually break off, it's not a matter of "if" it's a matter of "when"
Mine was the same as the video -- I applied generous quantity of hot melt glue, and it rocks no more.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:55 AM
Taranis Tyro...
Joined Jan 2004
3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
Nope, that's insanity... Very impressive and I agree a good test of gimbal build quality, but I'm afraid heli 3D leaves me cold as a spectacle - the "muscle memory" element reminds me of 16 button beat em up combos on the Megadrive in my youth!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:59 AM
Taranis Tyro...
Joined Jan 2004
3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham 65 View Post
The impression I got was that the RF was module based not internal, one module with a switch to change between different FR Sky rxs. Put a different module in for other systems or FR sky V8. The FR Sky module will use the internal antenna.
I may well have misunderstood.
Nope, it's all in post one of the thread - the FrSky RF is built in, with a JR module (not Futaba as it states in post 1, we've bottomed that out as a mistake in this thread too) slot for other RF types.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:23 AM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
FlySky touch screen radio not bad but I do prefer standard buttons.

FlySky iT4 2.4G 4CH Colour Touch Screen Transmitter Unoboxing and Manual Review - MyRcMart.com (13 min 27 sec)
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:16 AM
Chipping Norton, UK
Joined Jul 2006
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
Nope, it's all in post one of the thread - the FrSky RF is built in, with a JR module (not Futaba as it states in post 1, we've bottomed that out as a mistake in this thread too) slot for other RF types.
That does not sound like what Chase Wu said in post #793.
Graham 65 is offline Find More Posts by Graham 65
Closed Thread