United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
Over a hundred pages of speculation and still no radio
Is this a wind up ?

Terry
No, its just been made into sorted product for release - fully baked, not half baked.

If there wasn't over a hundred pages of speculation, then there would be no interest in such a radio and thus not worth developing a product. So think of it as a good thing!

Si
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:12 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,404 Posts
It's the opposite of a windup - HK have been good at "leaking" just enough info but not too much, which kept speculations up, and got even worse once they couldn't hold their schedule.

Here you'll just know once it's done, it makes no sense starting to give out prices and/or schedules that might not turn out as expected
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:21 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
Over a hundred pages of speculation and still no radio
Is this a wind up ?

Terry
each page of speculation and interest, the price on the actual tx goes up.
Wingbreaker is online now Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:50 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,434 Posts
Well, we can stop now, $101 is a decent price tag
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:07 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
each page of speculation and interest, the price on the actual tx goes up.
$1/page. So long as the final quality matches. Careful how much you post.

cold wombat is offline Find More Posts by cold wombat
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:25 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
You didn't still seen the broken stick issue, it seems
Happy $1300 trashed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
It's what warranties are for imo. It could have just been a imperfection in the metal - could happen to any manufacturer.

I'd be more interested to see what Jeti did about it.
They does seem a poor design, but I agree with Simon - with brand new kit issues happen in the first few batches, especially if it's a low volume product manufactured by a small concern. I appreciate that is no consolation if you've lost an expensive model, but this really could happen to any manufacturer; Spektrum in particular have made numerous product recalls, and I don't doubt there will be snags with the initial FrSky TXs too.

This is why my new years resolution is to never by any model or RC gear from the first batch; lets see how long I last before cracking...
MattyB is offline Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MattyB; Jan 11, 2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:17 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
3,775 Posts
Might not be a wind up but it certainly had me wound up thinking it was gonna be ready soon months ago, still, it hopefully will be worth the wait, but the delay probably has lost my business, I find my self flying the blaster dlg so much now that I'm not bothered about a new tx with more model mems and all the mixes telemetry etc that I was wanting for my other gliders with full house controls with motors. I now am quite happy with the blaster on my dx6i with 1200mah rx battery that last so long I dont need telemetry.
So, it's gonna be released in march now is it?!?!? Well my birthday is in march so it might be an idea for my wife to buy be but I wont hold my breath!
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Jan 11, 2013, 06:29 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2011
288 Posts
I have *never* seen a tech development project that managed to get anywhere near the original timeline. Even half way through the project, the released date is more often than not a WAG; Wild Arse Guess. Sure, the project needs a release date (or it will never ship), but it's not something that should be publicised (as adjusted) till quite late in the project.
cold wombat is offline Find More Posts by cold wombat
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:55 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa View Post
You didn't still seen the broken stick issue, it seems
Happy $1300 trashed...
Really I don't know what the guy is really so upset about. Frustrated maybe... but he uses a key word right in his description of what broke: "prototype". You want to stick your neck out and pay $1200 or whatever for a BY DEFINITION not finalized design... that's your business, but...
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:46 PM
Joined Aug 2009
55 Posts
That Jeti ought to be a lesson to those that believe that paying more Guarantees a better product. Yes I said GUARANTEE because you all know the trash talk the cheap stuff gets all over. At least I never heard of the sticks breaking on a $50 radio. Now I don`t care how you all try to butter it up, the sticks should not be breaking off on a $1300 radio no matter what.
91-ZULU is offline Find More Posts by 91-ZULU
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:48 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,286 Posts
I came across one. Wish I could find it again in the stuff on my PC.

It was a NASA/JPL project from memory. They had to build a satellite/launcher combo to orbit something small out there in the far edge of the solar system - Jupiter or Saturn moon or a comet or something similar.

From memory the project was 11 years from start to launch and they had to hit a 3 minute launch window or else wait several years before all the various celestial bits aligned properly again. They did it.

As a project director of large implementation projects, I was impressed with that one.

If anyone knows what the project was I would love to know the details again.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold wombat View Post
I have *never* seen a tech development project that managed to get anywhere near the original timeline. Even half way through the project, the released date is more often than not a WAG; Wild Arse Guess. Sure, the project needs a release date (or it will never ship), but it's not something that should be publicised (as adjusted) till quite late in the project.
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:11 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
1,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91-ZULU View Post
That Jeti ought to be a lesson to those that believe that paying more Guarantees a better product. Yes I said GUARANTEE because you all know the trash talk the cheap stuff gets all over. At least I never heard of the sticks breaking on a $50 radio. Now I don`t care how you all try to butter it up, the sticks should not be breaking off on a $1300 radio no matter what.
There sure ain't any guarantees in life, and I'd pretty pretty po'd about a stick failure. Jeti look like they're fixing the problem though. But it's a bit of a dream to think the $50 radios are free of quality issus (try searching the 9X thread for "quality" or "broken" and see what I mean - poor soldering, broken PCB tracks, dodgy wiring, etc etc).

Hopefully the FrSky radios will be a lot better quality, for not too much more dollars...
Geoff_S is offline Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:55 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
manufacturer; Spektrum in particular have made numerous product recalls
Don't mention Spectrum to me, the A5040's I bought from them were some of the junkiest servos I've ever seen, one of them was actually missing the lower ball bearing and the gear trains would bind in certain places.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Closed Thread