HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2003, 06:18 PM
Minnesota USA
Joined Oct 2001
82 Posts
Always Leave the Gate Open!

Took the E-Starter out last night after waiting for the wind to die in what seems like forever. First flight went very well and was feeling pretty proud of myself. My runway is a softball diamond next to a large grassy area in the park. My 10 year old son and I decided to go for one more flight even though the light was getting very low. Threw in the new battery pack and headed back through the gate into the ball diamond. E-Starter took off fine and I headed it through the light poles and over the fence, as usual, and went to sneak back through the gate but my son had already gone through and closed it! Lost the plane in the backstop and was "calmly" asking my son to open the gate! By the time I got to the other side of the fence the plane was gone.
My son pointed out to me where it was just in time to see it nose in. Surprisingly there was little damage! Aileron servo broke loose, landing gear needed a little Probond and some small cracks under the wings. All in all not a bad night of flying wouldn't you say?
E-Minn is offline Find More Posts by E-Minn
Last edited by E-Minn; Oct 27, 2003 at 07:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts