HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:52 PM
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Jan 2005
568 Posts
Discussion
Spare Parts for Gens Ace motors... where to get them?

Anyone know where to get spare / replacement parts for Gens Ace motors? I ordered a combo form hobby partz, sadly the main adapter was broken. its a 3 screw adapter so my 4 screw ones from my turnigy motors won't work

This is the motor:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-mars-b...45a-combo.html
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2012, 03:40 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
Anyone know where to get spare / replacement parts for Gens Ace motors? I ordered a combo form hobby partz, sadly the main adapter was broken. its a 3 screw adapter so my 4 screw ones from my turnigy motors won't work

This is the motor:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-mars-b...45a-combo.html
Did you call them? They might let you return it for a refund and meantime you can just order another one.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:27 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,199 Posts
Are these GensAce the same as SunnySky? http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...6814omb77ogpm7
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:25 PM
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Jan 2005
568 Posts
I called hobby partz and they said no spare parts available, call gens ace, but gens ace has no number only email and they list hobby partz as there usa dealer...

meh...
Alkaline is offline Find More Posts by Alkaline
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:15 PM
Huckfest or bust!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,057 Posts
buy another motor

you will have other spare parts now.
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:29 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,924 Posts
Quote:
I called hobby partz and they said no spare parts available, call gens ace, but gens ace has no number only email and they list hobby partz as there usa dealer...

meh...
Head's Up RC has a few prop adapters, buy something that looks like it might fit:

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ING/Categories

If it does not fit, throw it away, put longer shaft in the motor, and use a collet type prop adapter.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:53 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
41 Posts
Gens ace motors

Quote:
Anyone know where to get spare / replacement parts for Gens Ace motors? -its a 3 screw adapter
Hello Jack, I noticed the other day, looking at the HobbyKing website, that the new Turnigy SK3 range of motors, all have a 3 screw prop adaptor.

QUESTION: Do we know anything about these "Gens ace" brushless motors ...? Which chinese factory actually manufactures them ?
Gens ace seem to be getting known widely for Li-Po's, and seem to be spreading their supply operation across the world ...
-The green/black colour of the motors seems to be similar to the "LiPolice" and SunRay Technology motors -but it seems relatively unlikely that they are the same motors ...?
cryhavoc37 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc37
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:14 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,924 Posts
"..Hello Jack, I noticed the other day, looking at the HobbyKing website, that the new Turnigy SK3 range of motors, all have a 3 screw prop adaptor..."

If it can be bought as an accessory and tried on the Gens Ace maybe it will work. The stuff from Head's Up is close to hand and they ship cheaply too.

But unless the diameter and depth of the recess and the diameter of the bolt hole circle is know for both the motor and adapters, you'll never know if the accessories from one motor will fit another motor.

I don't like the darn things anyway. The aluminum bends easily, it will break if you over tighten it, and the shaft and collet type is more universal and available.

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes