HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:12 AM
Flightcomp.com
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2006
1,517 Posts
My 3.5 joiners are a bit sloppy, and as Aaron said they fit just about perfect on a hot day.

No sun and cool, I can wiggle the wing tip up and down maybe 5mm or so. Been flying it like that for a long time, no issues.

My 3.8 joiners were tight, and I made them sloppy with some 600 grit wetsanded. I would rather have slightly loose than dent up my wings trying to pry them apart.

I am dreaming about a silver 4.0 with neon stripes......
ak79 is offline Find More Posts by ak79
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:22 AM
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Aalst
Joined Sep 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak79 View Post
My 3.5 joiners are a bit sloppy, and as Aaron said they fit just about perfect on a hot day.

No sun and cool, I can wiggle the wing tip up and down maybe 5mm or so. Been flying it like that for a long time, no issues.

My 3.8 joiners were tight, and I made them sloppy with some 600 grit wetsanded. I would rather have slightly loose than dent up my wings trying to pry them apart.

yeah if the joiners too much effort, it is also not good because then you damage the wings to make them able to remove

But too much play, I think you will dig the joiner houses as they too move up and down when flying

What is your weight for the X2 3.8 m mine comes ready to fly with cg on 112 mm at 1950 grams
xplorer F3J is offline Find More Posts by xplorer F3J
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:51 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
2,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak79 View Post

I am finishing my red 4.0 x2 today - but I wanted a white center section and red tips - its going to be faster for me to but a white plane than to get Nan to give me a custom color Then I will see if anyone wants the opposite colors here
webbsolution is online now Find More Posts by webbsolution
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:06 PM
Bolingbrook, Illinois
Joined Nov 2007
249 Posts
4.0 Xplorer fuse

This is listed in the classifieds but it seems like a good place to offer since your talking about joiners in this thread.

Xplorer 4.0 Fuse and 8 degree wing joiners.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brand new, perfect condition, 4.0 Xplorer fuse -red- so its a winner,,,
and the set of production 8 degree bend joiners.

fuse weighs 15 ounces / 415 grams as is.

Selling together as package!

Asking $550.00 plus shipping extra

RBurnoski@comcast.net
Rich Burnoski is offline Find More Posts by Rich Burnoski
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:06 PM
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2005
736 Posts
Ready to fly in the morning! MKS 6125 minis on flaps, 6125 h for elevator and 6100s on everything else. Foam tail but standard layup wing and came out at 65oz rtf. I'll get a couple days on it before leaving for f3j in the desert. Should be able to take my 3.8 X2 settings and be close. Can't wait!
P-51flyer is online now Find More Posts by P-51flyer
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:06 AM
Bro
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,914 Posts
X2 4000

Aaron;
Sweeet!

Bob
Bro is offline Find More Posts by Bro
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:37 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
2,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51flyer View Post
Ready to fly in the morning! MKS 6125 minis on flaps, 6125 h for elevator and 6100s on everything else. Foam tail but standard layup wing and came out at 65oz rtf. I'll get a couple days on it before leaving for f3j in the desert. Should be able to take my 3.8 X2 settings and be close. Can't wait!
If we are in the same rounds next weekend just remember...My x2 4000 has the black fuse...! I will not be able to test fly mine until Wed in Phoenix
webbsolution is online now Find More Posts by webbsolution
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:11 AM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,374 Posts
Quote:

Being a lazy guy, I ask you about nose weight. How did your 4m balance with foam tail? I have an xtra set of foam elevators and I am thinking using them in my 4m Xp2.
Tuomo is offline Find More Posts by Tuomo
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:50 AM
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Feb 2011
76 Posts
Are the foam elevators for the 4m available ?

Approximate price?

Thanks ......
Kwanyinn is offline Find More Posts by Kwanyinn
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:07 AM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwanyinn View Post
Are the foam elevators for the 4m available ?

Approximate price?

Thanks ......
Same elevators as 3.8m. Price was little more than moldied elevators.
Tuomo is offline Find More Posts by Tuomo
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:41 AM
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Feb 2011
76 Posts
Thanks ............... I'll call SUSA
Kwanyinn is offline Find More Posts by Kwanyinn
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:33 AM
USA, TX, Mansfield
Joined Aug 2004
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwanyinn View Post
Thanks ............... I'll call SUSA
SUSA has a few sets. $200 was what I was quoted. I'm on the fence on making that purchase. There's a guy selling a repaired set on here asking $100.

Rob
onemetre is offline Find More Posts by onemetre
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:06 AM
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2005
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo View Post
Being a lazy guy, I ask you about nose weight. How did your 4m balance with foam tail? I have an xtra set of foam elevators and I am thinking using them in my 4m Xp2.
Hey Tuomo,

Using the standard fuse I have had to go to a 850mah Hyperion LiFe and regulator. You could try and dig out some off the lead shot but it's a pain in the... You know what. I am about to head out to fly it some more before it gets packed up.

Aaron
P-51flyer is online now Find More Posts by P-51flyer
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:22 AM
USA, TX, Mansfield
Joined Aug 2004
310 Posts
Quote:
Using the standard fuse I have had to go to a 850mah Hyperion LiFe and regulator.

Aaron
Am using the same pack but 1450Mah sized. My charging results in putting around 150mah into the battery after a 5 round contest day. It takes 5 minutes to charge. Plenty of reserve power to go to the 850Mah pack. Would prefer the battery to putting lead in the plane.

IMO, LiFe packs are clearly the battery to be using for our applications. Simple to charge and inexpensive to replace.

Rob
onemetre is offline Find More Posts by onemetre
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:30 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
20,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemetre View Post
IMO, LiFe packs are clearly the battery to be using for our applications. Simple to charge and inexpensive to replace.

Rob
+1 The servo makers need to start planning to accommodate this.
target is offline Find More Posts by target