HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:18 AM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,403 Posts
I look forward flying the new planes. As an idea 4m Xp2 sounds good. Faster airfoil should make this plane a real beast in distance flight. The old airfoil is maybe too much floating oriented. In distance flight it suffered badly compared to Aspire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak79 View Post
I do want the new style fuse with paint and kevlar nose! That is what I would want in my next plane. I would like the bigger rudder, but I don't want the DLG stab's either, I want regular ones.
I have also a long tailboom and large rudder 3.8m Xp light carbon fuse that is painted white. This is very nice. In hot sunlight I anyway use wing covers, but fuse covers are just unnecessary hassle... All I want now is that they would make this with kevlar nose.
Tuomo is offline Find More Posts by Tuomo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:06 AM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
2,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo View Post
I look forward flying the new planes. As an idea 4m Xp2 sounds good. Faster airfoil should make this plane a real beast in distance flight. The old airfoil is maybe too much floating oriented. In distance flight it suffered badly compared to Aspire.

I have also a long tailboom and large rudder 3.8m Xp light carbon fuse that is painted white. This is very nice. In hot sunlight I anyway use wing covers, but fuse covers are just unnecessary hassle... All I want now is that they would make this with kevlar nose.

Same dimensions in terms of tail area and boom length but a kevlar nose - you would need to add add tail weight to that fuse to get it to balance. the Kevlar front end adds 100-120 gr to that fuse.

But thats nothing for a guy who thinks the optimum weight for J is 2200gr -

I actually agree with the kevlar nose - I hate wiskers - and adding a few grams will not hurt this model.

I am waiting for my 4.0 X2 - with my own color pattern, im excited about getting a color I can really see way way out there!
webbsolution is online now Find More Posts by webbsolution
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:18 AM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsolution View Post
Same dimensions in terms of tail area and boom length but a kevlar nose - you would need to add add tail weight to that fuse to get it to balance. the Kevlar front end adds 100-120 gr to that fuse.
Just kevlar nose??? I think it is not that much. You must be talking about the total weight difference between light carbon fuse and normal structure fuselage with kevlar nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsolution View Post
But thats nothing for a guy who thinks the optimum weight for J is 2200gr -
Wing profiles change as quickly as your memory... I think I would fly my old profile Xp 3.8m at 2kg if I had to choose just one weight. Just as you keep dreaming of the 1.4kg Xp2 4m...
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:23 AM
Always more to Xplore
near Sacramento, CA
Joined Aug 2010
750 Posts
Let's try this again: Has anyone done dive tests to confirm what the X2-3.8 does at 125-130mm? Neutral stability?
SoaringDude is online now Find More Posts by SoaringDude
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:26 AM
Joined Jul 2007
2,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringDude View Post
Let's try this again: Has anyone done dive tests to confirm what the X2-3.8 does at 125-130mm? Neutral stability?
126 - stable SIR!
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:37 AM
Always more to Xplore
near Sacramento, CA
Joined Aug 2010
750 Posts
Thanks DW. Last Q on CG (I promise): assuming you had an X1-3.8 did it also fly stable @ ~126 (or further back) ?
SoaringDude is online now Find More Posts by SoaringDude
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:50 AM
Joined Jul 2007
2,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringDude View Post
Thanks DW. Last Q on CG (I promise): assuming you had an X1-3.8 did it also fly stable @ ~126 (or further back) ?
Towards the end of flying it yes I was further back and still stable-

I typically went right to the 4.0 most flights and used the 3.5 when the wind picked up - I only flew the 3.8 if my 4.0 was a non option and I wanted to float as best as I could.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 12:36 PM
Bro
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,930 Posts
X2 3.5/3.8s

Howdy,
A fresh batch of X2s just arrived...
IF you have been wanting one, now is the time to get the model that won the World Champs....
Give us a call!
Best,
Bob
Bro is offline Find More Posts by Bro
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:20 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro View Post
Howdy,
A fresh batch of X2s just arrived...
IF you have been wanting one, now is the time to get the model that won the World Champs....
Give us a call!
Best,
Bob
I'll take a new X2 2 meter Bob!

Who else wants one?
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:22 PM
Flightcomp.com
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2006
1,596 Posts
The X2 3.8 is done! Going to fly her tomorrow at Eldo. My 3.5 and 3.8 in the yard.
ak79 is online now Find More Posts by ak79
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:21 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2008
2,434 Posts
Out of interest what does your X2 3.8 weigh please ?
AlpineDSacro is offline Find More Posts by AlpineDSacro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: new plane
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:13 AM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,403 Posts
I want to tell you about the very nice Xplorer acessories I got from my friend Eser Kismir. Eser is world class F3J pilot who knows everything about Xplorers. Also the quality of this stuff is just super!

The wire loom is very nicely made from good quality materials. It is not heavy, soldering is tidy and all wires are marked for quick instalation.

Servo covers come laminated from spread tow or normal carbon. The pictures do not do justice to these parts, they are just beautiful!

Canopy is instaled on my 3.8m fuselage. Looks much better than the original and weight is just under 10g. There is also a light weight canopy available. Use thios as spare or to pimp up your new Xplorer.

You must ask about prices and delivery direct from Eser. His email is kismir_eser at yahoo.com
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:22 AM
Joined Jul 2007
2,786 Posts
Quote:
Just kevlar nose??? I think it is not that much. You must be talking about the total weight difference between light carbon fuse and normal structure fuselage with kevlar nose.

Wing profiles change as quickly as your memory... I think I would fly my old profile Xp 3.8m at 2kg if I had to choose just one weight. Just as you keep dreaming of the 1.4kg Xp2 4m...
I think Bob posted the details in this thread - it was significant. The AUW differences between lite and normal layup can be as high as 170gr !
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:07 PM
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jan 2001
1,678 Posts
Quote:

Canopy is instaled on my 3.8m fuselage. Looks much better than the original and weight is just under 10g. There is also a light weight canopy available. Use thios as spare or to pimp up your new Xplorer.
What is the material that canopy is made from? 2.4 friendly?
georgeg is offline Find More Posts by georgeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:42 PM
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Joined Aug 2003
2,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeg View Post
What is the material that canopy is made from? 2.4 friendly?
It is 2.4 friendly, but I must say I do not know the material. It is quite stiff and little thicker than the original. Fits Xplorer normal fuselage very well. (Light carbon fuselage has slightly different shape canopy.)