HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by atjurhs, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:31 AM
agony sweetns the victory
Any Flying Field Across America
Joined Jul 2005
3,513 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
Sold
Avenger 3 DLG bind and fly

Hey guys,

This Avenger 3 has an all kevlar wing and tail feathers and uses Edge airfoils throughout.

The wingtips are reinforced for either left or right handed throwers.

The fuse pod is 2.4 friendly made of FG and a single carbon strip on each side of it for strength and rigidity, see the fuse pic.

Here's a RCGroups link showing the kit and build.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1232029

The difference with my DLG and the kit shown in the link is the all kevlar wing and tail feathers and Edge airfoils. Mine was built by Don C, the Avenger DLG's original designer/builder/flyer/competitor. RTF she weighs around 11oz. (I don't have a scale).

The electronics are:

AR6255 receiver
HS-55 on the rudder
AT-94802 on the elevator
HYP-DS09SCD in the wings
could probably use a new nimh pack

$350 shipped in conus

any questions let me know.....

Todd
atjurhs is offline Find More Posts by atjurhs
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:39 PM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Looks really nice! If you were local and I could get a looksee at it first I'd be sorely tempted!

It looks like it is currently set up for a south paw. What is the extra taping or repair on the bottom side of the left wing tip? Might just be the light playing tricks.

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:42 PM
Boar? I'm a Thermal Pig!
Winnipeg, Canada
Joined Aug 2004
914 Posts
Trader Rating: 61
You call yourself a glider flyer and don't have a scale? What's the world coming too?
Batmanwpg is offline Find More Posts by Batmanwpg
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:54 PM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanwpg View Post
You call yourself a glider flyer and don't have a scale? What's the world coming too?
I'm sure this one you mention owning HERE would give some kind of idea for how much it weighs
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Closed Thread