HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 18, 2012, 06:31 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Does anybody tried this with a GW Xieda 9958 rx ?
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 10:16 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Imagine it would work exactly the same but be careful with the linear servos, one bit of fluff or debris and they will stop moving.
V911 Rx board has proper cased servos.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:17 AM
Brazil, PR, União da Vitória
Joined Jun 2011
82 Posts
humm... i curious about the final weight of rc airplane...

i making a micro warbird and i thinking to use v911 transmitter
gungriffonbr is offline Find More Posts by gungriffonbr
Old Jul 07, 2012, 08:19 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Depends on how fast you want it to fly and what motor system you will be using.

The mini STC I made weighs 33 grams ready to fly,
my Parkzone Micro T28 Trojan weighs 36 grams without its undercarriage fitted
and ready to fly, it has a more powerful motor system.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Jul 07, 2012, 06:18 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gungriffonbr View Post
humm... i curious about the final weight of rc airplane...

i making a micro warbird and i thinking to use v911 transmitter
Sort of similar idea , i am half way through using a v911 board in a J perkins air rider glider , should come out prettty light
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Jul 08, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,670 Posts
Has anyone made a 4 channel using the motor tail? Mount the vertical stab at an angle so it produces a turning force equivalent to the V911's main rotor?

With er9x maybe you could get really crazy and build a plane like the Star Wars B-Wing, with a thrust vectoring prop and the tail rotor on the long wing providing roll control.
Jack the R is offline Find More Posts by Jack the R
Old Sep 03, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Jun 2011
82 Posts
any news?
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:59 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack the R View Post
Has anyone made a 4 channel using the motor tail? Mount the vertical stab at an angle so it produces a turning force equivalent to the V911's main rotor?
I've been thinking it might be possible with a twin engine plane using differential thrust for rudder, only thing is the gyro would be in the wrong orientation.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:46 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,583 Posts
I picked up a couple V929 QuadCopters and then found out about the V911.
I already have dozens of helis and didn't need any more.
But the board in the V911 looked good and cheap for a plane, so I picked up a BNF version($24.00 shipped) and took it apart after I made sure it worked ok, binding it to the V929 Tx and a short test flight.
The V929 Tx has 20%, 40%, 60% and 100% rates, switchable in flight.

So it seems the gyro is on the tail rotor, which I don't need, yes/no?
Also, I'm going through my smaller gear sets to try to re-gear the heli motor for a smaller prop, or maybe just use a 7-8" light prop.

I haven't decided what to put it in, but maybe I'll do a thrust test first, to see how much it will haul.
Anyone find a servo horn that will fit it??
Thanks, Butch
Butch777 is offline Find More Posts by Butch777
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:16 AM
Joined Jun 2011
82 Posts
you buy the v911 from banggood??? try to use for the prop nine eagles micro plane

in the banggood have some spare parts for nine eagles i will try to start a project using this brick in january
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:27 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,686 Posts
you can use the V911 brick as 3ch without the tail motor, your pitch servo is used for elevator and aileron servo and channel is used for yaw. have you seen dynamic foamies micro airliners? they tend to use 9958 (this rx is also compatible with the v929 tx but elevator is inverted) or similar lineer servo brick, sr120 tail motor and blade for power, ive just built a 3 ch twin motor plane from S107 parts, photos and video later.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:34 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,686 Posts
Got it airborne!

Finally built my first plane the other day, it's a pound shop glider conversion with 3ch heli (S107 Syma) parts. It can sort of prop hang but my skill ain't there yet.

It uses one pair of props from a Udi quadcopter, I think they cost about £1 for a set of 4 two orange and two black counter rotating pairs, all I used for securing the motors and main wing were Sellotape, I had the S107 guts laying around so this was a dirt cheap first build.

I found it was best to start turning, drop the throttle to almost nothing for a split second and back up. I installed the counter rotation so that the blade tips moved up near the fuselage and down near wing tips, this is so that when the outer motor is moving the fastest it's prop induces a touch of torque roll, this banks the plane into the turn, you can see in the video, just before it hits the wall it's banked towards the camera.

S107 powered pound shop glider (0 min 40 sec)

I'm going to try and scale it up 50% to 45cm wingspan to see if it calms down a little, I may also try using the tail motor mounted sideways in the main wing with fishing gut coming off each end of the tail prop (acting as servo arm,it will not be able to fully rotate) and link it to a elevator to see if that gives greater authority and the current method.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:48 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
is this 2ch or 3ch? cant quite make out whats happening on that tail. has anybody ever done prop hang with a setup like that?
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:08 AM
Joined Jun 2011
82 Posts
with v911 brick can be a 3 channel plane
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:45 AM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
951 Posts
A plane for the V911 helicopter brick?

Hi

I have three V911 helicopters. The first one got a borken gyro so I replaced the brick to get it flying again. Then a second one got a borken gyro.

In other words, I have two V911 bricks that are fully functional except for the gyro and one complete and otherwise undamaged V911 airframe. I also have spare new V911 main and tail motors. With new BNF V911 helicopters available for less than $20 it makes more sense to break the downed bird up for spares for other projects and to keep my other two V911s flying than to buy a new brick for it.

This seems like a perfect excuse to build or buy some sort of aircraft to put those two bricks in. I'd like to do this on a minimal budget. Building from scratch with cheap or free materials would be my preference.

So, what should I look for? It's been about 20 years since I flew a fixed wing aircraft and I've only been flying V911 helicopters for a couple of months, so I want something that flies slow, but still has the ability to fly in a bit of wind. It also needs to be slow and maneuverable enough to fly in a confined space. (Within two tennis courts would be great.) It would also be great if it is easy enough to fly that my wife could learn to fly on it. Her only RC experience is with a Syma 107G coaxial helicopter and crashing my V911 into a big tree.

Something small enough to fly in the living room (where I fly the V911 if it's too windy outside) would be great, but may not be feasible. My thinking is that anything that small that is able to carry the V911 brick, motor and battery is probably going to be too fast for the living room and anything slower with the same power and radio source is going to be too big. That said, I'd prefer bigger and slower and able to fly outdoors.

I'm thinking of two possible power options, both using the V911 motor (or maybe an upgrade to a Bravo XS motor). Either direct drive or take the frame out of the downed V911 and use the motor and gear. I'm thinking the first option would be best for small and fast and the second one would be good for big and slow.

With direct drive I would have to find a prop somewhere and figure out how to remove the pinion without damaging the motor. Using the gearbox from the V911, I might be able to remove the swash, flybar and linkages and lock the rotor and use that as a propeller. With direct drive and a nose mounted prop, I'd be worried that the motor may be damaged in a nose-in crash.

I would prefer something that looks like an aircraft (Cessna, Cub or pre 1950 classic, maybe a warbird?). Profile fuselage is fine. I'm not looking for aerobatics or vertical climbs, though enough power for a loop without having to dive first would be nice. It would also be nice if it could amble about on low power without stalling for longer flight times.

Any suggestions for an aircraft that would fly with either of my proposed powering combinations and look good? I'm looking for suggestions for something I can buy at a reasonable price and install the bits I have as well as ideas for a design I can build from scratch. I have designed aircraft that flew well before, but that was 20 years ago, and much larger.

How heavy / light can it be?

What wingspan would I be looking for if going for a relatively slow stable model for flying in front of the house.

How do I remove the pinion without damaging the motor (if i go for direct drive)

What is a good source of a propeller for either the direct drive or geared option (if you don't think using a locked heli rotor is a good idea for geared).

The brick has two servos and ESC, so what about control surfaces? Elevator / rudder, elevator / ailerons or elevator / ailerons / rudder with a mechanical mixer to give a little counter rudder when applying ailerons?

Since I have two V911 bricks and two main motors, but only one downed V911, I could build one geared and one direct drive aircraft...

Thanks for your time!

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Last edited by nagromnewo; Oct 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM.