HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:41 AM
Joined Jan 2012
346 Posts
Discussion
ROADIES Bike Tyres

hi all,

edi winter has published the first information an pictures about our new developed raodies bike tyres in his "showing off a prototype from austria" thread.

as questions are coming up there, i fell it is time to opne this new thread to seperate both topics.

beside our lightsale brand with which we produce upgrade parts for large scale cars, we do as well produce our own formula 1 tyres.

those raodies f1 tyres are dominating the international racing cszene since 2 years and have won several national championchips and international races.

after rejoining the bike szene in june 2011 i found a strange tyre market in which no ready glued tyres had been availlable to bublic and the jov of gluing them is hard to do.

our first step was to create a gluing system for the pmt tyres to the thunder tiger rims but from the very first moment the idea was to create our own bike tyre.

since dezember 2011 we have been able to run alot tests with our tyres and rims and after the lostallo test together with edi, we now feel the time is right to hit the market.

the tyre is a completly new produced mould as well as the rims are made completly different to others. in fact the rims are one piece with the insert and the tyres fits onto it like a bathing cap.

this makes the gluing job very easy and save and the performance is outstanding in most track conditions we found.

as we feel obligated to the complete market we will publish our drwaing data and send them to any interessted bike manufacturer or tuner. doing so we guarantee that any biker who likes to use our tyres can easily do so.

the tyres will fit to the thunder tiger sb5 bike without any necessety of modification but other bikes will have to adopt the tyres.

the first batch of production should be ready and availlable at the riccione warm up race.

stay tuned, we will publish pictures and drawing date in this thread next week.
Clark Wohlert is offline Find More Posts by Clark Wohlert
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:02 AM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Hi Clark, its Shaun,.. so will your new tyres have longer more angled side walls for better traction at lower lean angles..? So there's no need to modify the profile of the tyre anymore etc... Would be nice if you do..

Oh, and what compounds..?
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:15 AM
Joined Jan 2012
346 Posts
hello shaun,

basicly the outside shape of the roadies tyres is the same as the pmt.

but the shape of the rims is totally different and that helps to gain lean angles.

we where down to 15° without problems. it is questionable if it makes sense to go down that much, but the tyre is capable to do so.

now we just have to find bike who can cope with that

1.jabber
2.sb5/lightscaled
3 ??

after the market release and maybe a year of experience, we will start to work on the tyres`outside shape if we find it necessary to be done.

but now first we will release the product and see how the market reacts to it.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:24 AM
España, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Wohlert View Post

now we just have to find bike who can cope with that

1.jabber
2.sb5/lightscaled
3 ??
3rd could be mine... (...once finished and built)

As far I can understand:

- You´ve designed a new rim that includes a solid insert.

- This insert needs a thick rubber cap around its outside that can perfectly fit "any" insert profile.

- The rubber cap can be glued to the complete insert so any centrifugation issues dissapear.

- A capped tyre can be softer (rubber compound) because insert takes a lot of stress from the tyre, so better traction and handling are expected due to not disorting carcass.

- And tyres may be slightly wider. Tyre shape is not changed but offers more contact patch at extreme lean angles due to slightly smaller lip circunference.

Did you have a price guess for these incredible products?

I´ll stay tuned.

Cesar, from Spain.
trf_414_m2 is offline Find More Posts by trf_414_m2
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:41 AM
Alton
Joined Apr 2007
32 Posts
How do these compare to a PMT200 with dogpoo (Massari) inserts on SB5 rims in terms of weight?
Matt18 is offline Find More Posts by Matt18
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:09 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,263 Posts
I know it... it's a conspiracy spreading all over the world, to make me try my hand at superbikes... come on guys, I m not good at stock speeds yet, I CANNOT handle a superbike!!!!
(Tire reg's for Stock, do not allow THESE!!!! So, what a man can do?! Race Superbikes!!!)
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined Jan 2012
346 Posts
hi all,

to this posting you will find the drawings to adopt our tyres to any bike.

please take care that the basis is the thunder tiger plastik spoke set.

@matt18,

the roadies rims are heavier than the pmt/massari combo. this is one reason that makes them extremly easy to drive with, which was shown in our winter videos when we drove without chrashbars in cold and slippery conditions.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 05:09 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Clark, do you have a pic of your rims with your tyres fitted? Im to not worried about fitting the tyres to other rims, just your pre-glued/fitted wheels..
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined Jan 2012
346 Posts
Hi scaulfi,
I am sorry but neither our tyres would fit to other rims nor would our rims work with other tyres.
They will be sold ready glued to guarantee our quality standard and make shure they will not be modified by users. This is also one more step to give a fair chance to all drivers and compete with the same standard of tyres but without having to fix that in a rulebook.

We just whant to offer the damm best tyre and make it availlable to all drivers at a fair price.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:45 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Hi Clark, you've mistaken me.. I just want to see a picture of your tyres mounted to your rims because I dont care for mounting your tyres to other rims etc.. It is your tyres/rims ready made that I want to see.. Cheers
Old May 03, 2012, 11:10 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaulfi View Post
Hi Clark, you've mistaken me.. I just want to see a picture of your tyres mounted to your rims because I dont care for mounting your tyres to other rims etc.. It is your tyres/rims ready made that I want to see.. Cheers
See here
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old May 04, 2012, 03:04 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Cheers!,.. thanks Edi.. They look like they ware really nicely. Now we just need an estimate price for a set..

Im keen to try a set.
Old May 04, 2012, 03:11 AM
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,104 Posts
i can´t say anything about the price. Clark only mentioned once it will be
somewhere around the price of the ready glued PMT200s on TT SB5 rims
with the Massari inserts
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Old May 04, 2012, 03:26 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Thanks Edi,.. yes, I forgot he mentioned that..
Old May 04, 2012, 03:32 AM
Joined Jan 2012
346 Posts
hi all,

sorry for beeing a bit quite in the last couple off weeks but the start of the large scale f1 season has kept me very busy.

in the meantime edi has done some serious tests with our roadie bike tyres and if i understand him correctly, he is quite satisfied while having some points to be reworked or tweaked a bit.

thats what testing is for and i am pleased and proud to have access the world champions knowledge and support for this project.

this weekend we will do the final tests at the warm up race for the german championchip in leipzig, which is a highspeed strack but as well needs a precise driver.

i hope our tyres will do well in this test and then i can press the BIG RED BUTTON with the "GO" print on it.

the price still has to be finalised but noone has to fear, roadies coming up with an excellent tyre at high cost. this would not fit our idea to help the bikers szene to grow. we like to bring power to the people with an excellent product offering maximum performance to ALL drivers at an afordable price.

as edi staded, it will be somewhere around the price of a ready glued pmt 200 using massari inserts. we still have to wait until the rim production has been done finally and then can do a proper calcultaion.

please take in consideration that the roadies bike tyre for the first time will enable you to turn the tyre left and right without getting any offset. this will not only help you to gain performance and make it more constant but furthermore offer you a much better total runtime of each set of tyres.