HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by hbsurfer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:33 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Apr 2009
533 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
Sold
Unique Models PT-17 Stearman PNP **DETAILED PHOTOS ADDED**

Just signed a contract with a company in China to distribute their planes and the first plane up for grabs this week are the PT-17 Stearman. I need to sell about 10 of them in order for the order to be complete.

• Material:EPO foam
• Wingspan: 47.24in
• Length: 37in
• Height: 15.35in
• Flying Weight: Around 1650g
• Propeller: 2-paddle 12 X 6
• ESC:40 amp Brushless ESC
• Power Setup: 850KV Brushless Ф 36X48XФ4
• Servo's: 4X 9g servos

All you need to get this plane flying is

• Battery: 14.8V/25C/2200-2600mAH Lipo
• Control System: 4CH 2.4G Radio system

You can have one 215 shipped to your door anywhere in the US (excluding Alaska and Hawaii). Bargain price

If your interested let me know and you don't have to pay until I get 10 people to order.

Thanks,
Douglas Young
hbdouglas@aol.com

Planes to come include:
P-51
T-6 (Modern Day Air Force Trainer)
PC-9
Corsair
T-50

Keep an eye out for these models to come!
hbsurfer is offline Find More Posts by hbsurfer
Last edited by hbsurfer; Apr 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: more photos added
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:43 PM
Minneapolis,MN.
Joined Mar 2006
1,066 Posts
Trader Rating: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbsurfer View Post
Just signed a contract with a company in China to distribute their planes and the first plane up for grabs this week are the PT-17 Stearman. I need to sell about 10 of them in order for the order to be complete.

• Material:EPO foam
• Wingspan: 47.24in
• Length: 37in
• Height: 15.35in
• Flying Weight: Around 1650g
• Propeller: 2-paddle 12 X 6
• ESC:40 amp Brushless ESC
• Power Setup: 850KV Brushless Ф 36X48XФ4
• Servo's: 4X 9g servos

All you need to get this plane flying is

• Battery: 14.8V/25C/2200-2600mAH Lipo
• Control System: 4CH 2.4G Radio system

You can have one 215 shipped to your door anywhere in the US (excluding Alaska and Hawaii). Bargain price

If your interested let me know and you don't have to pay until I get 10 people to order.

Thanks,
Douglas Young
hbdouglas@aol.com

Planes to come include:
P-51
T-6 (Modern Day Air Force Trainer)
PC-9
Corsair
T-50

Keep an eye out for these models to come!

I AM NOT SCAMMING YOU SO PLEASE DO NOT REPORT. IF THE THREAD NEEDS TO BE MOVED SOMEWHERE ELSE LET ME KNOW.

Way to go Douglas.
I had been hoping to find another source for some of these very models.Good luck and remember,there are tons of people here that would love to buy from a US source,provided the follow up support is there.Please keep that in mind.I'd love to know when you have the t-6II texan(Unique Models) available.Stearman is also on my list,but just not right at this moment.Oh,and if that is the Corsair I am thinking it is,that seems to be the best out there so far,in it's size range.
bouncebk2003 is offline Find More Posts by bouncebk2003
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:51 PM
Joined Apr 2009
533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncebk2003 View Post
Way to go Douglas.
I had been hoping to find another source for some of these very models.Good luck and remember,there are tons of people here that would love to buy from a US source,provided the follow up support is there.Please keep that in mind.I'd love to know when you have the t-6II texan(Unique Models) available.Stearman is also on my list,but just not right at this moment.Oh,and if that is the Corsair I am thinking it is,that seems to be the best out there so far,in it's size range.
Thanks so much man! Like I said keep an eye out for the texan and I will let you know. Also I will post pictures in my blog of the planes that will be coming.

You guys heard it from someone else! US source and awesome models!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:21 AM
Minneapolis,MN.
Joined Mar 2006
1,066 Posts
Trader Rating: 72
Hey Douglas.If you don't mind,I have a request.I was highly anticipating the release of the FMS Stearman.However,when I saw that they had swept back the top wing,I was turned off.To me that is a design flaw.It totally turned me off.While I understand why they did it,there are some things that you just should not alter on a scale airplane.If you can't make it fly right,then there is some other problem.So my request is,when you get your hands on this Stearman,can you verify that the wing sweep has not been changed.It doesn't look like it from the pic's.
bouncebk2003 is offline Find More Posts by bouncebk2003
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:27 AM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2012
92 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Where can we get additional info on this andbother models from the chinese company? Im all for helping someone start a USA based distributions but, I have to be honest I've never heard of these.

I for one need additional information, especially RCG reviews, about this companies stuff before I'd consider buying one. Not trying to be rude or offensive but, it would help your cause a lot if there was a lot more info.

Thank.
lostinthesun is offline Find More Posts by lostinthesun
Old Apr 19, 2012, 03:53 AM
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Aug 2011
846 Posts
Trader Rating: 74
any sailplanes?
xrx1113 is online now Find More Posts by xrx1113
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:40 AM
Joined Apr 2009
533 Posts
I will be uploading more pictures then you can see if the l wing is swept back. I will also contact the manufacture for you.

Also I understand you wanting more info on this company. If you search unique Rc models there are quit a few rcgroups threads/posts about them.

And sorry no sailplanes just warbirds.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:08 AM
Tampa, Florida
Joined Jun 2006
524 Posts
Trader Rating: 58
Good luck with your venture.. We need more guys like you!!!
flashprash65 is offline Find More Posts by flashprash65
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:24 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
Hey Douglas, I have een your post here for a while, good luck with this. I am curious about what happened to the USAF deal. I don't blame you for the change though. Will be great to have a supplier like you to deal with in the US. I know you will do well. Congrats....D/ZZ
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:19 PM
Noobie
United States, LA, Fort Polk South
Joined Jan 2012
58 Posts
Well this bits, why does everyone have to exclude Alaska. We are already getting screwed on gas, smokes and everthing else. I me hell McDonalds doesn't even have a $1, its the value menu (a Chesseburger is freaking 2 bucks) Well, guess I will have to pay the over priced shipping from Nitro or horizon.

Anyway, looks like a great plane, wish I could get it. Let me know how she flies guys.
TheCaption is offline Find More Posts by TheCaption
Old Apr 19, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Apr 2009
533 Posts
Haha sorry I will look into the alaska shipping for you. I just have to see the extra charges if any. But if you want one or are interested let me know.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:36 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Sep 2008
296 Posts
Hey guys great thread! Here are the two videos I made for the Unique Models T-6 Texan II. One is a flight review, the other is a build guide with the enhancements i did to my model that you see in the videos.... I will be producing these videos for the PT-17 & the F4U in the next few weeks Stay Tuned... enjoy!... Rich

Unique Models T-6 TEXAN II / PC-9 Flight Review (9 min 35 sec)

Unique Models T-6 TEXAN II / PC-9 Build Guide (33 min 45 sec)
jetpilotrich is offline Find More Posts by jetpilotrich
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined Apr 2009
533 Posts
Ok guys received more photos! These ones are more detailed! Hopefully these will really catch your eye as it is an awesome looking plane!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:09 AM
dillon, mt
Joined Jun 2007
58 Posts
nice models, what forms of payment are accepted?
nickbob47 is offline Find More Posts by nickbob47
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Apr 2009
533 Posts
PayPal is preferred.
Closed Thread