SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Terry, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 03:38 PM
RCGroups tech support
Joined May 2002
3,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prins Willem View Post
I should have been more specific. I meant members of RCG who are also members of the Wisconsin Scale Boating Association, like boater_dave, jshander, and myself.

My question was/is how does the mapping pick up forum members to display? Does it draw the info from our profiles or do we have to do something?
It draws the info from your profile. You can set your location in the profile via the Set Location page. If you haven't set your location, or erased it using that page, you won't be affected by any location-aware services at RCG such as "Find users near this place".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat View Post
Yeah but my hope is that it does not show you on the map if you do not have it setup in your profile... I have my location set because I don't care, but I know others do and purposely will not set their location.
That's exactly how it works.
Mike Kolesnikov is offline Find More Posts by Mike Kolesnikov
Administrator
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 10:37 PM
"Fly, yes... Land, No"
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined May 2005
1,333 Posts
Ive set my location countless times, only to have it reset to blank by the server. Ive herd that there is a known issue with this for others. any ideas if this will be fixed?
OutcastZeroOne is offline Find More Posts by OutcastZeroOne
Old May 02, 2012, 01:31 AM
RCGroups tech support
Joined May 2002
3,447 Posts
I see Ben Lomond in your location right now, so it's certainly not blank.
Administrator
Old May 22, 2012, 11:25 AM
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2009
1,638 Posts
I think that all RCgroup users should specifically be asked if they consent to participate in this feature. It should not be just slipped in.

I do not want to partecipate because I am concerned that it could be used for other purposes by spammers, potential employers, ID thieves, etc .

How can I find out if I am in and I need to opt out?
DMala is offline Find More Posts by DMala
Old May 22, 2012, 11:45 PM
RCGroups tech support
Joined May 2002
3,447 Posts
If you haven't set your location here, you are not participating.
Administrator