HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Apr 2012
116 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King USA Warehouse wait time for bixler and 9x?

Does anyone know what the average wait time is now a days? I just ordered the TX and the bixler. Both on back order. When I ordered it the TX was like -18 and the Bixler just said BK. Thanks in advance! I would just like to get an understanding of how long you all have had to wait recently. <A shame, I almost ordered the TX a few minutes before and it was showing IN STOCK.> So I failed....
elcid79 is offline Find More Posts by elcid79
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
I don't think anyone can answer that question. I gave up trying to buy a 9X out of the US warehouse. I got an email telling me they were in stock and went to the Hobbyking site within 30 seconds of getting the email. They were already Back Ordered. I think they fill existing back orders as soon as they come in so you might be in for a very long wait, maybe forever if they discontinue the 9X in favor of the newer model. I have decided to wait for the newer version to be introduced and will try to get one of those.

As far as the Bixler goes you can get the Sky Surfer from Banana Hobby, same plane, price is about the same as US warehouse, and Banana is way better about shipping and customer service than they used to be. I would order a plane from them before I would order one from Hobbyking any day.

Almost everyone here will tell you, never buy anything on Back Order from Hobbyking.
treeshurtz is offline Find More Posts by treeshurtz
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Apr 2012
116 Posts
Well that sure sounds rather bleak. Now are we talking like 6 months? or like 2 weeks? If its 2 weeks - 3 months I don't "really" care. I would just assume not have to wait that long. But I understand anyways. But if we are talking 6+ months. Then no I don't want to wait that long, and how would I cancel.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:35 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,168 Posts
Never buy anything on backorder -

Try going to the orders page and "View" your order. See if you don't have an option there to cancel the order.

If canceled, HK will transfer your $ to points which can be used for future purchases of parts, but not shipping charges. If you want your money returned back to the payment method, you have to request that. At this time the only way of contacting them is through the Support Centre and make a request. Tell them what you want them to do. Do not expect to hear back for days and maybe more days.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:59 PM
Joined Apr 2012
17 Posts
The thing is they still accepting backorder on 9X when they know turnigy don't produce enough. It's on backorder on every site. If you really want the 9X ebay has it but for a price. Last time on twitter HK guy says that the 9XR is coming soon.
binh514 is offline Find More Posts by binh514
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:19 PM
Joined Apr 2012
116 Posts
Wait so I won't get my shipping fees back? Or will I just have to pay the shipping on orders. Also, no one has flat out said how long it could be... What's the longest anyone has had to wait. Six months? 6 years? Haha. Thanks.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:58 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,168 Posts
You get all your money back. If you accept points, for some reason, the shipping charges you paid can only be used to buy parts. That is if you accept 'points'. 1$ = 1 point. If you request the money be refunded to PayPal/etc, all money paid, including shipping is returned. In any case, you don't lose any money.

I don't think anyone can tell you how long it will take to get a 9X. Maybe a search would turn up something.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:30 PM
Joined Apr 2012
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Never buy anything on backorder -

Try going to the orders page and "View" your order. See if you don't have an option there to cancel the order.

If canceled, HK will transfer your $ to points which can be used for future purchases of parts, but not shipping charges. If you want your money returned back to the payment method, you have to request that. At this time the only way of contacting them is through the Support Centre and make a request. Tell them what you want them to do. Do not expect to hear back for days and maybe more days.
I finally got ahold of someone through the support center. They said that it would be 3 months before another shipment arrived. I don't really feel like waiting 3 months so I cancelled the order. Should 2.5 months from now I decide that I want one, I will re order. Haha, but I don't want to miss the oportunity to fly all spring. I asked for them to return the money to my paypal account, I will let you know what I hear.

Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Apr 2012
116 Posts
Well I havn't heard anything yet. I submitted a second ticket, and tried calling about a dozen times. Lesson learned, never order anything backorder from hobbyking. Further, dont expect any support. Sad that thats the case but it is. I know what to expect from them now. They will be my goto for cheap parts but nothing expensive. HobbyPartz has been pretty good so far.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:09 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,168 Posts
It may take a week to see it back to PayPal. May be even longer with the backlog they have.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:41 PM
BillyG master daehrekcep
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,904 Posts
elcid, don't limit your selection of supplier based on "expensive", "inexpensive". Any supplier that has what you want at the time you want it should be considered. The pennies have to be the trade off in this game if you want to retain your sanity. I know there are plenty out there cash strapped but if the main defining criteria in what is an expensive hobby is money then the chances are there is going to be very little enjoyment for those people in this hobby in the long run. RC is probably one of the biggest "obsessive" money pits in the art of "how to relax and have fun".

You have to ask yourself a lot of questions before pulling the pin and buying anything

1. What do I want.
2. Who has it.
3. Where are they and will this have a bearing on how long I am going to wait.
4. How much is it going to cost me.
5. Do I really need it (this question can fall anywhere and should be/usually is ignored )
6, Almost forgot the single most important one: It has to be your choice who you use, the minute you choose to buy from someone without being sure in yourself thats who you should buy from you are just setting yourself up to be disapointed. Everyone is different and everyone chooses differently.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Apr 20, 2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 01:04 AM
Joined Apr 2012
116 Posts
Thanks for all of the good advice. I did not believe a back order of 3 months could be a reality. Haha. Waiting 14. - 30 days as there site claimed seemed reasonable. Anything more def not. I will use them from now on for little widgets and what not that I don't desperately need but that's it. No time for their practices. I tried calling them about a dozen times with no luck. An submitted a claim on their site. I thought to hell with it an filed one with PayPal as well. Lesson learned.
Old Jun 09, 2014, 01:47 AM
Joined Jun 2014
8 Posts
About a week to 9 days, when they were in stock I ordered mine, and just got it..
Commander Bunny is offline Find More Posts by Commander Bunny
Old Jun 09, 2014, 09:13 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Bunny View Post
About a week to 9 days, when they were in stock I ordered mine, and just got it..
He may not be interested anymore.
OP 4/2012.