SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ChrisBowker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:53 AM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,148 Posts
New Product
Bowker Aero Carbon Fiber Hardware

I'm happy to say that I have finally gotten my indoor carbon hardware kits to the point that I'm ready to start selling them. For now three kits and two motor mounts are available. These three kits are intended to be a "complete hardware" kit for a 3mm indoor foamie. They all consist of 1x Biased aileron horn(or diff horn for short) 2x aileron horns, and 2x tail horns(one short for the Elevator and one long for the Rudder. The AM kits also include 2x tail servo arms. All kits come as pictured in the photo's, pre-sanded and ready for use.

The biased aileron horn included in these kits have the "Z bend" connection points drilled on a radius to provide 4 different angles(11, 21, 31, 41) that your aileron pushrod can run at and still be at 90 digress to the center of the servo arm(doing this provides an even amount of up and down throw on your ailerons) I will up load detailed instructions on how to go about setting this up for those of you who do not know.

The first two kits(see photo's one and two) are intended for AM(freestyle) models with either push pull or pull pull control horns for the Rudder and Elevator. These are both seven piece kits. The holes in these for the "Z bends" are drilled to .023" making them perfect for .025 music wire. The Holes in the Pull pull horns are drilled to .032 and work well with most of the thinner pull pull string everyone is using now days. A complete set of the pull pull hardware with the generic motor mount weighs aprox 2.3grams. The over all length on the Aileron horns is aprox 2-5/8" The cost on the pull pull kits is $9 and the push pull kits are $8.

The third kit(see photo three) is intended for Pattern models and utilizes "heatshrink connections" on the control horns. This is only a five piece set(it does not include servo arms for the tail servo's) this set is designed to be used with 3/64 heatshrink that is readily available at most every electrical contractor supply house. This kit still uses "z bends" on the biased aileron horn as its the only way to make a "universal" arm. The over all length on the aileron horns is just over 2.5". The price on this kit is $7

I also have two motor mounts for sale The first is a dedicated Hacker mount with the appropriate drill pattern for 10mm Hacker outrunners. The second is "generic" mount that can be adapted to a wide rage of motors, this mount comes un-drilled and the radius on the top of the mount is 1". As these mounts are cut from .020 plate they are ONLY INTENDED FOR PATTERN FLYING and should not be used with a motor exceeding 55 watts. They have been known to break with A-10-9L's. These mounts have four 1/16" holes located on the outer edges of the mounts, these are intended as "pin holes" for a .060 carbon rod that must run back at least 1" into the nose of the model, failure to do this can cause the motor to break free. The price on the mounts are $3.25 each.

How to order?
Please send an email to BowkerAero@gmail.com requesting a Pay pal invoice for the kits and quantities desired, Please use the "part numbers" attached to the photo's when ordering for clarity. Shipping in the Lower 48 on these kits is a flat rate of $6(shipped USPS priority) up to aprox 20 kits...if you want more that 20 or you live out side of the lower 48 please contact me for shipping rates. Please include your shipping address in the request email(regardless if it is the same as your PP shipping address) As always all of the parts are guaranteed to be free from defects upon arrival.

Most orders ship the next business day, you will be given an expected shipping date when you receive your Pay pal invoice.

Feel free to ask any questions, comments ect,

Thanks for looking
Chris Bowker
Bowkeraero@gmail.com
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gen2 Bowker CF hardware
to remove ads between posts