HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:05 PM
Cadcyg
United States, TX, Midland
Joined Apr 2011
188 Posts
Discussion
Thoughts on this design (Henschel P75)

I am beginning to feel there is no place left for me to comment. Anyway, I found this unique design. Being German I wanted to try something different that the germans created. This is called the Herschel HS P75. I threw this together in Autocad 2010.
I don't have any clue as to the weight yet. I think this would fly in strong winds without any sacrifice to the performance of it. I am going to tinker around in Inventor and see if I can create a 3 d model of it constructed in 1/2" dollars tree foam and 1/2" owens corning pink foam.
I am purposly shortening the fuselage and exaggerating the control surfaces. I think giving this a flat bottom airfoil and offsetting the canards should help with the stalls and lift. I think the challenge will be the CG once it is roughly built. The next challenge would be the powerplant.
Henschel p75 Layout1 (1)

Name: Henschel_Hs_P_75_Heavy_Fighter_by_bagera3005.jpg
Views: 90
Size: 82.8 KB
Description:

Name: HS-P75LeftFrontAngle.jpg
Views: 102
Size: 32.6 KB
Description:
cadcyg is offline Find More Posts by cadcyg
Last edited by cadcyg; Apr 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 01:46 AM
Calgary, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
1,912 Posts
(I think you meant to spell it Henschel?).

That's really cool. You should build it in some form.It would be perfect for electric. Even the contra rotating prop (somehow?).

Coincidentally I just finished reading 2 books on Burt Rutan's career, his designs & so many of which featured canard layout. And here you have that similar looking bad boy, circa 1941. Very interesting bit of history. I wonder if any FS ones are around & flyable?

http://www.luft46.com/henschel/hsp75.html
http://www.the-blueprints.com/galler...henschel_p_75/
http://www.the-blueprints.com/galler...75_again/home/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27862259@N02/6105564129/
ptxman is offline Find More Posts by ptxman
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:28 PM
Cadcyg
United States, TX, Midland
Joined Apr 2011
188 Posts
I enjoyed those articles thank you for sharing them.

I got about this far with this plane in Inventor tonight. After measuring it up the wing span came to 60 inches. I did not intend this. I will go back tomorrow and make the appropriated changes for the size. I would like this to come in around 42" for the wingspan. I did notice as I built the nose tips that in order for them to work correctly they needed to have that bottom part removed. I find this interesting in this design.
I like the way the wings came out. I have read from most builders who built this design they were not giving it any dihedral. I gave this plane a measured incidence of 2.7 degrees. I am also going to add in the proper amount of counter propellor turn. What do you think maybe 2 degrees incidence? I don't know which way to add it. I will have to do the opposite of my normal planes I would imagine.
The reason they gave it the bottom rudder was to protect the propellers. I am wondering if it is really necessary to the design to keep it on the bottom? I can try it both ways. Once I get this down to a manageable size, I will start on the construction. Should be fun to see where this goes.
One cool thing about Inventor is that you can see your mistakes even before you build it. I love this program.

Name: Foam Henschel.jpg
Views: 49
Size: 29.7 KB
Description:

Name: Foam side Henschel.jpg
Views: 45
Size: 22.8 KB
Description:
cadcyg is offline Find More Posts by cadcyg