HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:45 PM
Canada, BC, Westbridge
Joined Feb 2012
5 Posts
Discussion
How do you make a servo out of windshield wiper motor?

I made a remote-controlled buggy and I have to have something to steer it. I heard about how some people make high-power servos out of windshield wiper motors and I'd like to know how.
markthespark is offline Find More Posts by markthespark
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2013, 12:40 AM
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Aug 2010
25 Posts
I use an h bridge that plugs into a receiver and runs a 12 volt wiper motor. The h bridge is about 30 or 40 dollars. The motors are 10 to 20 bucks out of a pick a part. I have the receiver power the electronics on the h bridge and then use a separate 12 volt source for the motor. Works great, pm me and Ill give you the web address of the guy who sells them.
cwleveck is offline Find More Posts by cwleveck
Old May 26, 2013, 04:14 AM
Joined Sep 2008
57 Posts
I did once spot some home made h-bridge stacks on ebay ,..once.
i don't think it's that much of an issue to create, you could use a old servo PCB, just need to rack and stack with heat sink all of those mosfets, I wondered if I could just alter an old RC car ESC, but never got round to it, besides, fwd may not be equal to reverse.
hobbybox is offline Find More Posts by hobbybox
Old Jun 07, 2013, 05:25 AM
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Aug 2010
25 Posts
The guy who makes the hbridge has a website rcpowerservo dot com.
I cant say enough good things about these. He has video of a full size radio controlled truck.
Still willing to help if you want. To be clear, im not in any way affiliated with this company.
cwleveck is offline Find More Posts by cwleveck