United States, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daign View Post
such as the Skylark Tiny 2?

Thanks,
D
If you mean for data and antenna tracking and data for a ground station I doubt it very seriously. The video diversity function may work but that is all. The Eagle Eyes system requires the data info to be embedded within the video signal. The Tiny from looking at the makers website simply overlays the info on the video signal and does not work with the makers own antenna tracker either.

They have another product specifically for use with their own antenna tracker and it uses the audio channel for sending data to the tracker. Totally different and incompatible designs.

Rob
camship is offline Find More Posts by camship
Old Apr 19, 2012, 03:46 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camship View Post
If you mean for data and antenna tracking and data for a ground station I doubt it very seriously. The video diversity function may work but that is all. The Eagle Eyes system requires the data info to be embedded within the video signal. The Tiny from looking at the makers website simply overlays the info on the video signal and does not work with the makers own antenna tracker either.

They have another product specifically for use with their own antenna tracker and it uses the audio channel for sending data to the tracker. Totally different and incompatible designs.

Rob
thanks. looks like I gotta sell my Skylark and buy another eagletree combo.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:36 AM
"Watch this!.... Oh crap"
United States, FL, Seminole
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daign View Post
such as the Skylark Tiny 2?

Thanks,
D
I doubt it as Eagle tree embeds their telem in a separate level of the video stream whereas others use serial over audio, The video stream is a higher fidelity and allows faster transmission of more data which is why eagle tree uses it. So i highly doubt eagle tree products are cross compatible.
jhebbel is offline Find More Posts by jhebbel