SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 17, 2012, 03:52 PM
Paonia, Colorado
Joined Sep 2004
2,510 Posts
Discussion
2.2M Hypnosis---Aerial Ballet----New Video

The 88" Hypnosis by CCM--"Old School" beauty, and still a relevant frontside performer.

Here is a new video that I just put together;

The 2.2M Hypnosis by CCM at Smith Mountain near Delta, CO (5 min 53 sec)

The Hypnosis has been one of my favorite slope planes ever since I saw Shane Biddlecomb's outstanding piece of flying in Mike Young's landmark video from 2007.

CCM Hypnosis on the Crest (3 min 38 sec)

I think that this video has set the standard for both flying excellence and video artestry, and I'm sure that it sold lots of new Hypnosis'.

But you seldom see anything on RCGroups written about it. I own one, and I know that there are a couple in the Portland, OR area, and several overseas. It is not unusual to find the Hypnosis listed on more than one "My Favorite Sloper" lists. I would also consider it one of my favorites. too. Maybe the incomparable excellence of Mike Young's videos with this plane have kept others from posting more footage. My video cannot compare with that either, but I'd like to see others if they are around.

I'm not sure if the Hypnosis is even manufactured anymore. SUSA had it listed for years, yet I don't see it now available. I would hate to see interest in this fine airplane fade away.

I'm posting this video in hopes that others will chime in with some of their experiences and information about this oldie but goodie.
Mike Furcolow is online now Find More Posts by Mike Furcolow
Last edited by Mike Furcolow; Apr 18, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2012, 04:24 PM
Impatience is a virtue
Denver, Colorado
Joined Nov 2008
686 Posts
Outstanding! Inspiring! Thanks for sharing
MCH27t is online now Find More Posts by MCH27t
Old Apr 17, 2012, 04:32 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2003
2,543 Posts
The Hypnosis is a nicely designed and nice flying model,
evidence is also that some 'newer ' designed model look almost identical. (no Swing intended)

A bigger success of this Model was just limited to some periodic QC and delivery issues created by the French Manufacturer.

Cheers
Thomas

PS yes this was a benchmark vid.
wakumann is online now Find More Posts by wakumann
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2012, 04:35 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
3,190 Posts
Thomas i will be bringing mine to Tri Cities in May, and its green too.
bluffman is offline Find More Posts by bluffman
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:27 PM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,091 Posts
The problem is that CCM is out of business if I'm not mistaken, or at least on very extended hiatus.

The Hyp is a lovely plane but it was a bit pricey for a 2m with (IIRC) a foamcore wing, and I think that always hurt its sales somewhat. Great performer, though.

I really wish Shane and Mike would get back in action. They've got that enviable combination of a great site, gliders that can make full use of it, a pilot who can put on a show, and a videographer who can capture it all. That confluence of circumstance is exceedingly rare, and by consequence they are most definitely missed!

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
Last edited by surfimp; Apr 18, 2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Correction from Thomas - Hypnosis was full molded
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:58 PM
Phil.T-tailer
Devon, UK
Joined Jun 2003
4,248 Posts
Shane has "gone fishing"

Phil.
Phil.Taylor is offline Find More Posts by Phil.Taylor
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:19 PM
Feeling FrSky
Joined Feb 2003
20,091 Posts
I totally understand... he'll be back

Steve
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:25 PM
Phil.T-tailer
Devon, UK
Joined Jun 2003
4,248 Posts
Surpsisingly, he posted pics of his nice new good-looking scratch-built aerobat a few months ago - cant remember which forum - went quiet again though - must be good fishing in S.Wales

Phil.
Phil.Taylor is offline Find More Posts by Phil.Taylor
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:06 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2003
2,543 Posts
Quote:
The Hyp is a lovely plane but it was a bit pricey for a 2m with (IIRC) a foamcore wing, and I think that always hurt its sales somewhat. Great performer, though.
Steve

I guess you mixed the Hypnosis up with the Scorpian which was available with fully molded or foam backed wings.

The Hypnosis came always fully molded and compare to F3X ship it was resonable priced IMO

Cheers
Thomas
wakumann is online now Find More Posts by wakumann
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2012, 03:37 PM
Feeling FrSky
Joined Feb 2003
20,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakumann View Post
Steve

I guess you mixed the Hypnosis up with the Scorpian which was available with fully molded or foam backed wings.

The Hypnosis came always fully molded and compare to F3X ship it was resonable priced IMO
Ah you're right; my apologies!! I will edit my post. Thanks!

Steve
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:34 PM
Paonia, Colorado
Joined Sep 2004
2,510 Posts
Yep, mine is hollow molded, yet is strangely silent on fast passes. Just a quiet "whoosh"....

I guess the gap seals work too well.....
Mike Furcolow is online now Find More Posts by Mike Furcolow