HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by askman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 02:04 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,084 Posts
Discussion
GF3 and naza

well, panasonic GF3 is getting a workout on my f550 with naza. It is a great camera and great value. with firmware hack, the video mode is as good as anything available. its four third size sensor only 22% smaller than nex-5n sensor, and used in many dslr.

anyway, I was testing my F550 with roll stabilization and tilt connected to the naza reg (roll servo had its own reg) and I got hit by glitches.

this basically reaffirm that you should never power the servo off regs that your multicopter depends on. lol. I did manage to land, but I was very nervous and I made record controlled descent. 8" props at 2.6kgm hexa load is still usable, but near the limit. I am waiting on the 9x45 from gemfans.

anyhow, here is the video.

GF3 test 4. tilt connected to RX. but powered by naza big mistake (1 min 38 sec)

update on 4/25/12
well: I finally tracked down this issue, and it was motor to esc connection. I swapped the esc out, and it is no longer an issue. I've tested that esc on ground, and it still works, so I am assuming connector issue.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by askman; May 02, 2012 at 09:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts