HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:14 AM
some call me macgyver....
United States, OK, Shawnee
Joined Feb 2012
730 Posts
Rant
this is why i hate fee bay

Still trying to iron out n get problem fixed. But I recently made a purchase from a user on eBay. It was a beat up Bf109 cause I'm still learning so I didn't want to ruin the new one I got from a user from rcg. Anyway I paid as soon as I realized I won. The ad said plane has good motor, esc, n new servos. Well right after I won I get an email saying that as he was packing the plane he realized that the motor was cracked. N that he could either buy a new one n replace it or cancel transaction. I tell him to just replace the motor n it would b good. This took 2 or 3 emails from me to get any response back to see what he was going to do. 3 days later I get an email saying that he had replaced it n was going to ship. I thought kool. Well wait a week. N it gets here lastnight. N the motor is cracked the esc is burnt up won't even work. I won't put his name on here cause he probably uses this place too. But I will if he doesn't make it right. He took epoxy n tried to fix the motor. Well that did work....
bethelflier8036 is offline Find More Posts by bethelflier8036
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: my son is cancer free
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:18 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Has nothing to do with eBay...it happens here too. File a complaint & get your money back (or a refund for a new motor).
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:24 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,640 Posts
Oh My....welp..looks like you've had a run in with one of those guys.....they are out there...I had one too....when i first got on RC Groups...He Knows who he is...he's been bashed about here and there ...Common sense was not sumpin he had his equal share of...and had problems with bending his side of the story....if you git this straightened out..AWESOME!!!...I hope so...Just beware...they walk among us.......Billy

OH..and Paypal will side with you....His Item description was evidently False...Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:33 AM
-insert witty saying here-
United States, CT, Killingworth
Joined Dec 2005
1,798 Posts
File a not as described claim and get your money back. He may want to offer you a partial refund, which I probably would take as long as it covered the cost of the ESC and motor.

FWIW, Horizon was replacing the original plastic endcap motors no charge as the failure rate was astronomical. I had mine swapped out and the replacement is still working perfectly.
Hemikiller is offline Find More Posts by Hemikiller
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:48 PM
RCAPA #005
USA, VT, Springfield
Joined Jan 2004
3,858 Posts
In his email, he admitted it was damaged and then didn't do as promised. Slam dunk with PayPal protection.
MGBGTRacer is offline Find More Posts by MGBGTRacer
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:52 PM
Insert witty comment here...
Scranton Pa
Joined Jun 2008
199 Posts
So what does ebay have to do with a bad seller. No one ever see's me complaining about how many people try pulling bids or take there sweet time paying. It is what it is. Ebay has many protections built in as does paypal. Follow the channels, file legitimate complaints and all will be well.
Curt S is offline Find More Posts by Curt S
Old Apr 18, 2012, 01:22 AM
To build or fly today?
United States, AL, Gulf Shores
Joined Feb 2008
605 Posts
u b in 4 sum writting lessons. (dang that was a tough first post to read, heck & I'm a redneck).

File a complaint through ebaby. I believe you've got a limited time to do so. Don't hesitate with the negative feedback either.
Doubledog is offline Find More Posts by Doubledog