SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:12 AM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
694 Posts
Discussion
Your Opinion on this heli please from ebay

I just wanted something inexpensive just to goof around in my local park. I dont do 3d so just wanted to get your opinion on this heli i just purchased on ebay.
has anyone purchased a similar or same heli? if so what was your impression of just basic Flying.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=400291670787
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Last edited by rhampton; Apr 17, 2012 at 09:43 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:51 AM
United Kingdom, England, Witham
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
supposedly OK for the price but needs work and upgrades to perform reliably well

What kind of experience do you have?
I would say for hooning around in a public park a Blade 120SR would be better (cheaper and easier to fix)
Essex2visuvesi is offline Find More Posts by Essex2visuvesi
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:23 AM
Trinidad & Tobago, St Andrew, Valencia
Joined Jan 2012
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
I just wanted something inexpensive just to goof around in my local park. I dont do 3d so just wanted to get your opinion on this heli i just purchased on ebay.
has anyone purchased a similar or same heli? if so what was your impression of just basic Flying.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=400291670787

i have one but without the full metal head. that company is leaderhobby's Ebay selling name,i just received a heli from them. thier stuff is good and that version is the metal head version. its a good buy.
michaeldepeza is offline Find More Posts by michaeldepeza
Old Apr 17, 2012, 04:22 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
694 Posts
Thanks. for you all's comments...
as far as experience.. i fly larger heli's like Raptor 90 but mostly pattern and an occasional loop here and there.
i just dont want to invest in an expensive Align Trex 450...so i thought i'd try one of these ebay RTF heli's...I like to stick to the 450 size....I havent gotten it in the mail yet but and will post photos when i do,,,but according to michaeldepeza's comment, the Metal edition should be good for basic pattern Flying. But is it really necessary to upgrade if that's all i'm doing? i mean cant we just use what the Manufactor installs on this heli? i have to imagine that they test these heli's before going on market.....i really dont plan on doing any hard 3d at all. So if i just left it alone, can i assume that it will perform basic pattern Flying and maybe some loops? without having to upgrade servos and motor? The only thing i see probably modifying is installing my own 6100 rx and using my DX7 so i can program my own throttle & Pitch Curves...and leave that Stock TX to the side...Now will that make a difference?
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex2visuvesi View Post
I would say for hooning around in a public park a Blade 120SR would be better (cheaper and easier to fix)
Yeah, and get a funky 45 degree flybar TBE swirling FP heli that won't handle much wind very well at all. At least the clone is a CP heli.
sertav is offline Find More Posts by sertav
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:09 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
>The only thing i see probably modifying is installing my own 6100 rx and using my DX7 so i can program my own throttle & Pitch Curves...and leave that Stock TX to the side...Now will that make a difference?

The CT6 radio has 2 programmable pitch & throttle curves. It's a pretty basic radio though, and you'll have to connect it to your computer to make changes to the curves. If you look at the picture, you'll see it comes with a programming cable. It doesnt have expo though. If you already have a better radio and receiver, then you'd probably be better off using them instead of the CT6.
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:11 AM
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sertav View Post
Yeah, and get a funky 45 degree flybar TBE swirling FP heli that won't handle much wind very well at all. At least the clone is a CP heli.
As there was no indication of the OP's skill level and also the fact he was flying it at a PUBLIC park I erred on the side of caution. A CP heli in the hands of a complete beginner at a public place is asking for trouble!

But yes with previous experience of CP helis then yes that heli is well worth a punt
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:16 AM
Joined Feb 2011
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhanger View Post
>The only thing i see probably modifying is installing my own 6100 rx and using my DX7 so i can program my own throttle & Pitch Curves...and leave that Stock TX to the side...Now will that make a difference?

The CT6 radio has 2 programmable pitch & throttle curves. It's a pretty basic radio though, and you'll have to connect it to your computer to make changes to the curves. If you look at the picture, you'll see it comes with a programming cable. It doesnt have expo though. If you already have a better radio and receiver, then you'd probably be better off using them instead of the CT6.
And then flog the CT6 on here/ebay
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Aug 2009
100 Posts
It is ok for common flying. You may update it slowly during the daily flying.
Airrover is online now Find More Posts by Airrover
Site Sponsor