SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by chyorn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:23 PM
Adam Stallcup
Forsyth Mo
Joined Jan 2008
73 Posts
Trader Rating: 106
For Sale
Old, old radio

I am not for sure what type or radio this is. the name on the front is "EK-logictrol" Champion. Appears to have two channels on the right as white slides, one switch on the top, one button on the top, 2 axes joystick that turns for a 3rd axes. Comes with a servo, switch, and a charge port for the plane. Whats it worth? I dunno. So heres what I wanted to do, lets have an online auction, and post what you would give here on this thread, and it will go to the highest bidder. We shall let the bidding/conversing go for 4-5 days?

adam
chyorn is offline Find More Posts by chyorn
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:31 PM
WOS
United States, IN, Michigan City
Joined Nov 2003
808 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
HEY! My Great Grandpa had one of these! naw just kiddin! is awesome is still in good looking condition though
WOS is offline Find More Posts by WOS
Old Apr 16, 2012, 08:06 PM
covina, ca.
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Mar 2007
6 Posts
Trader Rating: 134
I am in for $5.00
CADILLAC200 is offline Find More Posts by CADILLAC200
Old Apr 16, 2012, 08:23 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
2,087 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
70's era proportional single stick transmitter. Held in left hand (actually cradled in your left arm)The gimbal operated elevator, ailerons, and rudder (with your right hand)and the lever on the right side of the case operated the throttle(with your left hand).
$6.99.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Last edited by flyinwalenda; Apr 16, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 08:54 PM
Adam Stallcup
Forsyth Mo
Joined Jan 2008
73 Posts
great g-pa!

Ha Ha! Did your Great grand pa use it to fly drones in WWI? lol
Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:38 PM
Micro Flyer "Q"
United States, MD, Silver Spring
Joined Sep 2003
1,416 Posts
Trader Rating: 94
A five or six channel trasnmitter in all likelihood.

Three channels on the single stick. Aileron, elevator and rudder. One on the side is for throttle, the other one is probably the flap channel, leaving the switch for retractable gear operation (if a six channel radio). Too bad the receiver is missing in action. It was a good radio in its day, appears to be in good condition too.

I had a six channel Kraft Signature Series. It had a toggle switch in addition to the ones youhave described on yours.

It will probably cost you over $10 to ship, so clarify the point of "PLUS SHIPPING CHARGES" in order to avoid pitfalls after the auction ends.
qban_flyer is offline Find More Posts by qban_flyer
Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:49 PM
Adam Stallcup
Forsyth Mo
Joined Jan 2008
73 Posts
shipping

Good point! So the bid will be a cost plus shipping.

adam

thank you for all your info so far on this and others are welcome to chime in as the need arises! Does anyone have a receiver that would work for this?
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:20 PM
Micro Flyer "Q"
Joined Sep 2003
1,416 Posts
Chances are the one who buys it will use it as a relic demo piece, although the man who bought my Kraft ($50 plus shipping) had it spruced up and is using it with a new fangled receiver and Li-Pos.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 01:30 AM
United States, CA, Santa Maria
Joined Dec 2006
368 Posts
Trader Rating: 18
I'd be in for $25 shipped. Let me know, I have paypal ready.
luvmykids2 is offline Find More Posts by luvmykids2
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:38 AM
Adam Stallcup
Forsyth Mo
Joined Jan 2008
73 Posts
silent bids

silent bids are ok to, as I already have 3 of them. If you do put in a silent bid I will try to keep you updated as far as the high bidder.

adam
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:47 AM
Micro Flyer "Q"
Joined Sep 2003
1,416 Posts
HERE YOU GO:

Radio South specializes in conversions for these older radios. I had a notion I still had the URL to their website.

- We can convert many older sets (such as Pro-Line, Kraft, EK and even Orbit) to 2.4GHz spread spectrum!
We offer custom transmitter configurations such as left-handed, mode changes, specialized single stick systems
and custom throttle locations for disabled pilots. We can build special aircraft servo harnesses for large scale aircraft,
jets and other special requirements. -

http://www.radiosouthrc.com/radio_repair.htm
Old Apr 17, 2012, 08:57 AM
Joined Aug 2009
2,087 Posts
I have successfully installed a 2.4 hack module in my Kraft transmitter. Works fine. To send this or any radio out to either get refitted to a legal 7X frequency or to 2.4 will be expensive.
Here's a little write-up on EK-Logictrol
http://www.rchalloffame.org/Exhibits...t24/index.html
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:08 AM
Micro Flyer "Q"
Joined Sep 2003
1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda View Post
I have successfully installed a 2.4 hack module in my Kraft transmitter. Works fine. To send this or any radio out to either get refitted to a legal 7X frequency or to 2.4 will be expensive.
Here's a little write-up on EK-Logictrol
http://www.rchalloffame.org/Exhibits...t24/index.html
It will be expensive indeed.

But considerig the rarity of a Single Stick transmitter these days, it will be worth the added cost to many flyers seeking one of these, where coordinated turns and ease of controlability of the three main flight axis from a single stick, a flight mode no longer offered by any of all current manufacturers would still be an option, albeit a costly one.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:26 AM
United States, IL, North Aurora
Joined Sep 2009
603 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by qban_flyer View Post
It will be expensive indeed.

But considerig the rarity of a Single Stick transmitter these days, it will be worth the added cost to many flyers seeking one of these, where coordinated turns and ease of controlability of the three main flight axis from a single stick, a flight mode no longer offered by any of all current manufacturers would still be an option, albeit a costly one.
Not really that expensive to convert to 2.4. Find the PPM signal, the + and - leads, add a 2.4 module like FrySky or XPS and you're probably there, but...
Any pics of the back with the back cover removed? Have the batteries been removed or was it stored with the bats in it? Reason is, if the nicads leaked, you could have corrosion on the encoder which may lead to damaged components. EK was one I've never owned or used; wonder how that red box would look amongst my single stick Pro-Line(s), ACE(s), Kraft(s), Futaba, and JR(s)????
hook
hook57 is offline Find More Posts by hook57
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:57 AM
Joined Aug 2009
2,087 Posts
No it's not. It cost me $45.00 for the 2.4 module and a few hours work versus almost a $400.00 quote to just refit it to a legal 72 mhz channel.