HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:36 AM
Bayou Boy
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Nov 2012
458 Posts
Hello everybody , I could t help but get one of these cool things , I fly a naza now but I figured it would be a good way to get some practice in without costing me a fortune when I crash . Could someone point me to a good mod link? I saw they have a great link for the hubsan but I couldn't find one for the lb. thanks james
Diazapamjam is offline Find More Posts by Diazapamjam
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:53 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
She has been doing great, she even practices nose in! She might be better than me lol. The nano has been getting short flight times due to motor , i hope , i just swapped it out, now to break it in. But with all the 3d and pitch pumps it only gets 4 minutes. Quad copters seem to be very effecient, with power to weight ratio. But all my cp helis i do 3 d with only get about 4 minutes before battery starts puffin!
Nose-in already... nice, I still get a wee confused with indoor nose-right for some reason. Technically she's likely better than both of us... hehe

Did you go BL with your Nano? I did notice all sorts of "bling" on her, and all that sweet shiney Alu. usually adds a few too . I tried an HP06 v2 outrunner on my CB100 last summer, it was too much motor, it cut flight times and if hitting LV while flying "with No Warning at all" it would drop from the sky. oy!
Yeah even the Walkera Mini CP flight-times are similiar, with the Genius being a bit better. I guess WOT CP flying are hard on battery/flight times.
I'm still slowly browsing aboot for my 1st CP, except the Super-Happy-Fun-Time quads have me quite distracted I have to admit.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Last edited by vpsporb; Feb 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 04:15 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
New question , i need to know if the ladybird will bind with the spektrum dx4e.
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:03 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
New question , i need to know if the ladybird will bind with the spektrum dx4e.
It will not, different protocal.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:50 AM
Rotary~myPast,Present &Future!
SINGAPORE
Joined May 2006
2,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diazapamjam View Post
Hello everybody , I could t help but get one of these cool things , I fly a naza now but I figured it would be a good way to get some practice in without costing me a fortune when I crash . Could someone point me to a good mod link? I saw they have a great link for the hubsan but I couldn't find one for the lb. thanks james
Hi James, indeed it's a good platform for practice without costing a bomb with any mishap. I have recently upgraded mine to Long Range, so I call it my "LR" Ladybird. I will not go into details of FPV-modding as there's a pretty recent thread about a new "fpv packpack" which is for the ladybird -->http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1787178&page=6
And here's an FPV flight video of my LR ladybird
FPV Ladybird - Long Range (2 min 42 sec)
terencechan is offline Find More Posts by terencechan
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:49 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,818 Posts
I flew a couple of LiPos in stunt mode, and yowsa! ya gots to watch for the "over-bank" dives.... lol
With the 2nd LiPo I tried to try and see if the Ladybird (and me) could do a delayed back-flip? My Ladybird back-flips so fast I thought it'd be neat to try some manual manual flipping. It kinda sorta worked and she's still in 1 piece.... Ladybirds rock! (sorry for the expletive...was excited)
Ladybird v 1 short stunt mode flight (3 min 20 sec)

Ladybird v 1 delayed flip attempts (3 min 11 sec)

that is sick FPV Ladybird Terence, i love that tracker too... very James Bond.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Mar 02, 2013, 12:45 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,197 Posts
Just a brief feeling about L/B V1. Even V2 to date. There are many clones out there. Read threads about this / that and other thing being as good. Real life it hasn't happened. Some clones are good but come with serious junk TX's. This Walkrea Ladybird V1 is great flying machine hands down and still thrill at flying it. Cheers,Dan
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:03 AM
Joined Oct 2012
76 Posts
Can someone clarify this,Is there any different ladybird v1 sell at BG n 9imod.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...o-p-43533.html
http://9imod.com/index.php?main_page...m2qf5dkcbsa6j2

Cause at BG,it says 4-axis.9imod 6-axis.
Thanks.
irsyad17 is offline Find More Posts by irsyad17
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:36 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,669 Posts
Hi I,
Yes the BG ad is confusing, but it is a "Chinglish 6-axis" Walkera QR V1 version with telemetry and accelerometer as you can see in the features and specifications section further down the page. Usually when they say "4-axis" they are meaning a 4 channel Tx. If they say 3-axis then that is gyro only like the Walkera QR V2 version without telemetry. If the say 6-axis then it should have an accelerometer for better self-leveling. Of course sometimes they get that wrong like they have with the UDI u816 and Vitality H36 both of which are actually gyro/accelerometer flight controllers.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by irsyad17 View Post
Can someone clarify this,Is there any different ladybird v1 sell at BG n 9imod.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...o-p-43533.html
http://9imod.com/index.php?main_page...m2qf5dkcbsa6j2

Cause at BG,it says 4-axis.9imod 6-axis.
Thanks.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Mar 06, 2013, 01:25 PM
United States, SC, Pelion
Joined Feb 2013
28 Posts
I just got a V1 a couple days ago, and I'm loving it. Couple of questions/comments so far.

First thing odd that I've noticed is that the rotors have started to work themselves down the rotor shaft. One of them actually worked its way all the way through the top of the rotor and was sticking out the top a bit. I moved the rotor back up so that it wasn't rubbing on the motor assembly. Is that normal?

Second thing is the little rubber bumpers on the bottom of the motor housing. I came down in my living room with hard wood floor. I didn't come down hard, but I had a good bit of forward speed and one of the little rubber bumpers popped out. I have tried to stick it back in, but it doesn't seem to want to seat all the way back in so now it pops out with little effort.

When you flip a ladybird, do the motors automatically reverse direction? I'm not sure I want to try any flipping just yet, but I was curious.
G Man Number 7 is offline Find More Posts by G Man Number 7
Old Mar 06, 2013, 02:46 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,669 Posts
Hi G,
There should be about .5mm clearance between the bottom of the props and the top of the motor. You do not want the to rub so make this a standard pre and post flight check. They can be pushed down if the motors are used as landing gear. That is never good for the motors Do your flights over soft grass or in a room with carpet and no obstacles to fly into to polish your skills.

To re-insert your rubber bumpers you will have to take off the plastic holder and insert it from the inside. You can use a bit of CA on the edge of the rubber to help hold it in place, but make sure it is completely dry before you put the plastic protector back on the motor.

For the Ladybird QR V1 to flip, you must be in the 3d mode(green LED). The motors do not reverse. One side slows and the other speeds up.

Be sure to take a look in the Mini and Micro Multicopter section of the Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index for more info and TIPs.

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man Number 7 View Post
I just got a V1 a couple days ago, and I'm loving it. Couple of questions/comments so far.

First thing odd that I've noticed is that the rotors have started to work themselves down the rotor shaft. One of them actually worked its way all the way through the top of the rotor and was sticking out the top a bit. I moved the rotor back up so that it wasn't rubbing on the motor assembly. Is that normal?

Second thing is the little rubber bumpers on the bottom of the motor housing. I came down in my living room with hard wood floor. I didn't come down hard, but I had a good bit of forward speed and one of the little rubber bumpers popped out. I have tried to stick it back in, but it doesn't seem to want to seat all the way back in so now it pops out with little effort.

When you flip a ladybird, do the motors automatically reverse direction? I'm not sure I want to try any flipping just yet, but I was curious.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Mar 06, 2013, 10:06 PM
Joined Oct 2012
76 Posts
Hi jesolins,Thanks.
Im buying it soon..
Old Mar 12, 2013, 05:17 AM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2013
393 Posts
OutBreak44 is offline Find More Posts by OutBreak44
Last edited by OutBreak44; Jun 25, 2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:40 AM
Joined Oct 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutBreak44 View Post
Aloha,

I want to get a ladybird qr v1 and was wondering if you knew the best place to get one (ie good price and trustworthy retailer) . Also It looks like the 6 axis is the way to go especially for a beginner like me?

Well I'm bothering you I was wondering if you had any thoughts on this v2 and if you do if the devo 7 would be better?

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...content=nicole

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/p12648/W...duct_info.html

http://www.hobbywow.com/en-walkera-q...hz-p233213.htm
Hi,Im not really sure what are you comparing to. The links you gave is ladybird v2FPV version and use Devo F7.
Ladybird V1 telemetry,gyro and accelerometer.Use devo 6s,7e,8s,10 for telemetry.
Ladybird V2 dont have telemetry and accelerometer.use devo 4.Cheaper than V1.
For me Banggood all the way.Also if you dont mind slow shipping.
Here is the link from jesolins on quad comparisons and more details on V1 and V2.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1534
Old Mar 12, 2013, 01:05 PM
Closed Account
Joined Feb 2013
393 Posts
OutBreak44 is offline Find More Posts by OutBreak44
Last edited by OutBreak44; Jun 25, 2013 at 01:20 PM.