SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:58 PM
What tree??.......Doh!!
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
758 Posts
props, motors with arms, batteries, batteries, and batteries.

That said, in my two months of ownership- only thing I've used in that list are the batteries!
Smokin_Joes is online now Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:01 PM
What tree??.......Doh!!
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
758 Posts
I got the one with 2402D Transmitter.

Which do you guys recommend- Devo 7 or 10?

As far as I read/understood- get the 10 if I want to use the telemetry?
Smokin_Joes is online now Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:46 PM
WarpQuad, Flip260FPV, etc.
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floete View Post
hey all, i'm going to get a ladybird v1 as my first quad, probably from nitroplanes if they go onsale again. what i'm wondering is, what parts should i buy at the same time, to save myself future hassles when i crash and need stuff. thanks!!
A spare mainframe.

to be honest, you can get a second whole ladybird for around 50 bucks minus tx if you shop around, I did that mainly because my rx got damaged in a crash and a new rx cost almost as much as a whole new ladybird did and now I have a whole set of spare parts too..
candy76man is online now Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:15 PM
United States, OK, Lawton
Joined Apr 2011
427 Posts
I wish I'd have bought this nano first, instead of the Ladybug. Though the ladybug was $40 w/radio, the fact that you can buy parts for the Ladybird makes up for the price difference. With this one you get a real gimbaled radio, wich is much easier to operate. And the 6 axis gyro instead of 3 in the ladybug, is much more stable.

The only thing I'll have to work out is how to mount the fpv stuff to the ladybird. The ladybug, not having connectors for the motors, left more room inside the shell, where I mounted the camera and vtx.

But I do like the fact that you can buy another quad w/o the radio. I like flying the Ladybird much better than the ladybug. I'm very new to flying anything rc, and the fact that the ladybird is so much more stable than the ladybug makes it so much more fun to hover.

I don't give a flip about flipping the quad so this thing is great. I wish I could get the devo 4 to work with the ladybug, but it doesn't. Oh well it still flies pretty good, even with the crappy sticks. I bought 6 of them thinking I would have to replace one after crashing it. But so far I'm still using the 1st one, even after running into stuff.

Once I figure out how to mount the fpv stuff to the ladybird, I probably won't be flying the ladybugs that much. The 300 mah batteries that came with the ladybugs fit snugly into the ladybird, so I didn't completely waste my money.

Kenny
midiman007 is offline Find More Posts by midiman007
Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:34 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin_Joes View Post

Get a 10.
30 model memories means it'll be a while before you need a new radio... plus Deviation (an alternative firmware) is likely to be working soon for this which means it will fly stuff from other manufacturers as well as Walkera.
D10 has direct USB update, D7 you need to buy an adapter... menus on 10 are way easier than on D7. You get graphs... etc etc ... buy a 10.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:12 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin_Joes View Post

I like my Devo 7E (has telemetry) and nice small size.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:51 AM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
you're probably right, I just find it odd that it's not mentioned anywhere in the product description. that's prob cus it's very low/safe. safe is good
You can't fast-charge LiPo without a temperature sensor, because heat kills them.
RussNelson is offline Find More Posts by RussNelson
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:08 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussNelson View Post
You can't fast-charge LiPo without a temperature sensor, because heat kills them.
I had to search back to August to find what you quoted me on. lol random
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:13 AM
Joined Jan 2013
9 Posts
I just got a Walkera Ladybird V1 and I want to check/upgrade my firmware. I found a US based seller for the up02 adapter needed, I found and download the updater software from walkera, but for some reason the firmware file link on the walkera website doesn't work. Does anyone have another link or website to download the 1.1 firmware from?? THX
ridenyc is offline Find More Posts by ridenyc
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:35 AM
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
http://www.walkera.com/en/upload/hel...ybird_V1.1.zip
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:09 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
Hello all. Got a ladybird For my kids this xmas, and my 10 year old (girl) has been really impressing me, she has had about 10 flight with no big crashes, just today she went to easy mode , no dr. I have her hovering and now shes flying tail in circles, so cute , she want a login to,say hi ,lol we will see.....
I tryed flip mode , no dr and it was hard to handle with rtf tx, 2 flips 1 crash , still no damage , good little fun qc (quad copter).
Happy flying ,
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:28 AM
WarpQuad, Flip260FPV, etc.
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Hello all. Got a ladybird For my kids this xmas, and my 10 year old (girl) has been really impressing me, she has had about 10 flight with no big crashes, just today she went to easy mode , no dr. I have her hovering and now shes flying tail in circles, so cute , she want a login to,say hi ,lol we will see.....
I tryed flip mode , no dr and it was hard to handle with rtf tx, 2 flips 1 crash , still no damage , good little fun qc (quad copter).
Happy flying ,
cool, I have a 2 year old that I can't wait to get into flying

I found that the stock devo4 tx makes the ladybird harder to fly than it need be due to the toy grade gimbles on it. If you can pick up a devo7e, 6s or above either alone or with your next heli/quad purchase you'll find the ladybird much easier to controll, plus you can dial up the expo for even better control with the programmable tx's. The 7e is good for kids, it's the same shell as the devo4 so the size is good for small hands but has real gimbles and is programmable.
candy76man is online now Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:14 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,324 Posts
Thanks , i have a wk2801pro tx that i love , i use it to fly my trex 600 and v450!
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:30 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
cool, I have a 2 year old that I can't wait to get into flying
I posted this in the other Ladybird thread, but in case you didn't see it, here's my 15 month old boy giving it his best concentration:

The boy seems to enjoy remote control. Part 2. (0 min 58 sec)

I've loaned it to a friend for now, but I have a spare DEVO 8S. About six months ago, I set up the trainer function, limited my3 year old to only throttle, and we had a blast for a few packs. I figured I would give her one channel at a time. She didn't show that much more interest yet, and I lent the radio, but we'll try again when she's a bit older.

Have fun,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:12 AM
United Kingdom, Yate
Joined Dec 2012
106 Posts
Been out with my ladybird today, first attempt at doing a flip, few successful ones so well chuffed with that. Sadly now one of the motors will only spin up intermittently.. Any ideas? Do I need a replacement motor? Found a bit of fluff round the motor arm but removing that has made no difference. Wire appears to be connected to the board ok. Any ideas?
dp106 is offline Find More Posts by dp106