Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Hi Tom,

The fine poster named Onceafly put together the LEDs for me. I used heatshrink tubing and attached that under the booms with CA glue.Just a tiny bit of CA in a few spots so I can pull it off if needed. As for plugging them, there are two free female plugs on the RX. They both carry direct power from the battery. Not sure what else these connections are supposed to be used for. These connections have three wires, by the way. I used compatible male Walkera plugs and I just cut one wire off after testing which two wires are + and -. That's all you need for the lights. You can plug 4 or more lights in parallel all with only one connector. I used one connector for the front, and one for the back but only one connector is really needed.

Best,
Chris
If using the old style Led's (3mm, 5mm, etc..), the flat side of the Diode denotes the Cathode which is negative (Black).
The longer lead is the Anode which is positive.
Don't worry about polarising them incorrectly as you wont harm them at this Voltage. Just turn them around if you're unsure.
A 39, 47, or 56R resistor is fine for 1 cell.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
Thanks, username. This stuff is not my forte. I'm not sure what kind he sent me but I know he has resistors on them. Last time he sent them to me for free, but this time I had him make like 30 of them for me so I send him some money for his trouble. Makes everyone happy, but especially me because my eyes aren't what they used to be up close and this is so small for soldering that it is certain to put me in a bad mood real quick if I have to attempt doing this by myself. I think I could do it easily, only if I could see the darn things.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
16 Posts
Tom
I am new to the forum and have appreciated your efforts. I have a Devo 10 Tx, A genius CP Pro and Ladybird I just bought. I think my Devo 10 is in a firmware infinit loop and was wondering if you have any experience with the Devo Tx's. My question is how to reset the Tx so I can bind to models and make setting changes to them. When I power the Tx on the only thing is does is display "Flight Switch". I have tries all three settings for the FMOD with the Throttle stick all the way down as WOW suggested. No change. Any help would be appreciated.

Dale
cds19502 is offline Find More Posts by cds19502
Old Apr 29, 2012, 08:57 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds19502 View Post
Tom
I am new to the forum and have appreciated your efforts. I have a Devo 10 Tx, A genius CP Pro and Ladybird I just bought. I think my Devo 10 is in a firmware infinit loop and was wondering if you have any experience with the Devo Tx's. My question is how to reset the Tx so I can bind to models and make setting changes to them. When I power the Tx on the only thing is does is display "Flight Switch". I have tries all three settings for the FMOD with the Throttle stick all the way down as WOW suggested. No change. Any help would be appreciated.

Dale
Keep flipping switches till you find the FLIGHT one..

EDIT:::: Which on mine is the MIX switch it has to be on (0)..

If you need me to I'll go to the truck and get my Devo 10 and see which switch it is.. Heck I'll go get it anyways and the LB and sit here and fly it..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Last edited by livonia bob; Apr 29, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:18 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Tom

Dale

I dont have a devo10, but I have a devo7 and when you power on the TX you can go into your different setups ie ( minicp, and ladybird on mine ). I can store up to 10 models in memory.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:34 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Tom

Dale
That's because your flight mode switch has to be on "Norm" when you power up your transmitter. Just flick it to "Norm" and problem solved. This is to prevent binding while in idle up mode (St 1 and St 2). If a heli was to actually bind in idle up mode(3D), the heli's rotors would fire up upon binding and you don't want that! The same thing will happen if you try to bind while the throttle hold switch is on or if the throttle stick isn't on 0%. The tx will not bind and you will get a beep and an error message displayed.

There is nothing wrong with your transmitter. You just need to learn how to use it. I suggest you read up about flight modes on programmable transmitters.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 29, 2012, 09:38 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
That's because your flight mode switch has to be on "Norm" when you power up your transmitter. Just flick it to "Norm" and problem solved. This is to prevent binding while in idle up mode (St 1 and St 2). If a heli was to actually bind in idle up mode(3D), the heli's rotors would fire up upon binding and you don't want that! The same thing will happen if you try to bind while the throttle hold switch is on or if the throttle stick isn't on 0%. The tx will not bind and you will get a beep and an error message displayed.

There is nothing wrong with your transmitter. You just need to learn how to use it. I suggest you read up about flight modes on programmable transmitters.

Chris
I went out to the truck and got my Devo 10 and on it,,,, it's the MIX switch which if not in (0) gives me the FLIGHT SWITCH warning.. When in the Lady Bird model..

OK the LB batteries are all gone,, no answer from him so I'm going to bed.. It's still Sunday night here...
Last edited by livonia bob; Apr 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:31 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I went out to the truck and got my Devo 10 and on it,,,, it's the MIX switch which if not in (0) gives me the FLIGHT SWITCH warning.. When in the Lady Bird model..

OK the LB batteries are all gone,, no answer from him so I'm going to bed.. It's still Sunday night here...
Well, he did not mention what model he's trying to bind. Bottom line is it's just a case of having a switch in the wrong position when trying to bind.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:02 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Tom

Dale

Hi Dale,

I only have the Devo 7 TX and would have said what Chris posted that the FMD switch has to be on (0) when you power up your transmitter.

Try what bob posted, have the MIX switch set to (0).

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:58 AM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
mounting holes

Hola,
Could anyone measure the distance between the mounting holes of the board?,
Saludos and thanks on advance,
Jose
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:31 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Well, he did not mention what model he's trying to bind. Bottom line is it's just a case of having a switch in the wrong position when trying to bind.

Chris
Well it fooled me also. I went to the truck and got it as I also thought it would be the flight mode switch.. I had to sit here and flip switches and turning it on and off till I finally found the right one to give me the FLIGHT SWITCH warning... I only have the LB in it and it came with it installed,, which is why I pointed this out as it might have some bearing on it,, as It's using the FM switch to go from 3 to 6 axis. And I would think that the MIX switch which is in the same spot as the GYRO switch on the 2801 is, would be the one I would of picked to use.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:58 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
On the Devo 8, it's using the mix switch to go from 3 to 6 axis. The FMOD switch is working as usual. Other people have reported using the FMOD switch to switch fro 3 to 6 axis but for me that didn't work, which, to me, is better if I use the mix switch because I can then use the FMOD switch to program different throttle curves and D/R settings. It's more versatile that way, I think.

I have to say, though, I'm already getting bored with this bug. Not much skills required to flip it and roll it, and it doesn't have enough power to do big loops or inverted drops with last second recoveries. It simply doesn't have enough thrust for its own weight so it cannot perform as well as larger quads with brushless setups. It's a toy.

It's good to mess up with the cats and dogs around the house, though. I attach a cat toy to a string on mine and play with my cats. That's quite fun.

I'm waiting for parts to put together a 450 quad that will have almost three times more thrust than its own weight. Now that will be a whole other ball game...

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:10 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
On the Devo 8, it's using the mix switch to go from 3 to 6 axis. The FMOD switch is working as usual. Other people have reported using the FMOD switch to switch fro 3 to 6 axis but for me that didn't work, which, to me, is better if I use the mix switch because I can then use the FMOD switch to program different throttle curves and D/R settings. It's more versatile that way, I think.

I have to say, though, I'm already getting bored with this bug. Not much skills required to flip it and roll it, and it doesn't have enough power to do big loops or inverted drops with last second recoveries. It simply doesn't have enough thrust for its own weight so it cannot perform as well as larger quads with brushless setups. It's a toy.

It's good to mess up with the cats and dogs around the house, though. I attach a cat toy to a string on mine and play with my cats. That's quite fun.

I'm waiting for parts to put together a 450 quad that will have almost three times more thrust than its own weight. Now that will be a whole other ball game...

Chris
I find the LB fun to fly here at my desk,, I just pull out the desk tray lay my building towel on it so the LB doesn't slide around and fly it in here.. I like that the small blades can't do much damage.. But they do still sting bare skin for a couple of seconds after the hit.. But I'll not be getting a second one soon if ever..
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:36 AM
Joined Oct 2006
148 Posts
Quote:

Chris
Heh, I think that the LB is going to be the gateway drug for many of us into the world of homebrew quads/multis.
I spent all weekend filling hobbyking/spark fun shopping carts and tearing apart a wii motionplus and nunchuk.
charbot is offline Find More Posts by charbot
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:32 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charbot View Post
Heh, I think that the LB is going to be the gateway drug for many of us into the world of homebrew quads/multis.
I spent all weekend filling hobbyking/spark fun shopping carts and tearing apart a wii motionplus and nunchuk.
Fair enough. Me? I had the choice between reviewing a HK 450 heli or a 450 quad. I chose the quad just because it's something new and interesting. My next project will be the HK 450 heli. For now, I have to put video tutorials on how to assemble this quad and connect all the electronics. Then I have to show videos of how it flies. Really looking forward to it.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor