SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 16, 2012, 04:49 AM
Australia, NSW, Casula
Joined Jan 2012
279 Posts
Discussion
Parkzone T28

Hope I can revitalise the good old faithful T28 here. I just purchased a T28D about 2 weeks ago and am having trouble with the landings esp. on grass. It came to the stage where I rip out the fixed landing gear clear off the bottom of the wing. I know I can glue it back on but looking at it I can see there is a problem with the exsisting size of wheel not being suitable for grass landings. I was wandering if anyone out there knows if the fixed landing gear of the P47 would fit a T28D. The P47 has a spring coil on its fixed landing wire gear which would assist in the landing in taking up a bit shock and with its bigger size wheel it sure would be an advantage. I was also wandering if the wheels of the SE5a would fit the exsisting wire strud.I know it would not look too exciting with the bigger wheels but its more to assist in the grass landings.
redbaron1 is offline Find More Posts by redbaron1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2012, 02:07 PM
United States, OH, Tipp City
Joined Oct 2011
238 Posts
Just putting the wheels from the P47 on will help immensly. The bigger wheels will help it float over the grass, instead of getting trapped down in the grass like the stock wheels.
aero550 is offline Find More Posts by aero550
Old Apr 16, 2012, 05:34 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
You can use these also
http://www.amazon.com/Du-Bro-Diamete...ata/B0006O8TEY
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:22 PM
Australia, NSW, Casula
Joined Jan 2012
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syner01 View Post
Just worried the existing wire axle may not be long enough to accommodate the width of these tyres. I may go for the p 47 landing gear and hope they are narrow enough to fit the t28 axle.
The next common problem I see here too is the canopy. I lost mine on my third flight and am sure its on someone's roof or gutter as i must have walked for ages around the neighbourhood looking for it. I presumed the magnet would have been enough to hold it down but guess I and a few other here have had the same problem. Any ideas as to ways to hold it down? Am thinking of velcro myself to fix this and one would think PZ would have picked up on this before her release as this bird has been out in the market place for ages. Am waiting for the replacement in the mail before I can take her out again. The T28 seems the land a little quicker than the Apprentice or is it just me. Might try slower approaches but am worried she may tip stall on me. She seems alright 3 accidents high but wandering if ground effect would effect her on slower approaches. I am a bit of a slow flyer myself and just love watching them guide through the air in their element. It's a pity the e-flite motors don't have a little noisy to stimulate the sound department as they are very quiet yet potent. All you hear is the harmonics of the ESC and the motor magnetic field resonate through the body of the plane. Not a very realistic sound but guess thats technology for you.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:09 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
Let me rephrase. Those are what I use on my t28.
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Old Apr 16, 2012, 08:03 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,068 Posts
I use Du-Bro 2.25 Treaded Lightweight Wheels. They fit into the existing axle. I also reinforced all three plastic landing gear connectors with packing tape, along with all leading edges, etc.
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,036 Posts
Around here we use these
http://www.horizonhobby.com/browse/p.../:cp=1/:ip=9/:
3" dubro micro sports. The others listed here might be better, but these work great and local hobby shop carries them all the time.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Apr 17, 2012, 03:41 AM
Australia, NSW, Casula
Joined Jan 2012
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Around here we use these
http://www.horizonhobby.com/browse/p.../:cp=1/:ip=9/:
3" dubro micro sports. The others listed here might be better, but these work great and local hobby shop carries them all the time.
You guys seem to have a better range of products as we here are quite limited and if you don't ask around you wouldn't know where to get them. Most of the modified gear I get from the states, guess we are a bit lacking in numbers to warrent a large store to accommodate the unknown. The delivery time is a bit of a bomber as it does take sometime to get here.
Does anyone know about the FY30-A flight stabilizer? Am looking into it and want to know of any bugs it may come up with it.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:03 AM
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Dec 2011
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron1 View Post
Hope I can revitalise the good old faithful T28 here. I just purchased a T28D about 2 weeks ago and am having trouble with the landings esp. on grass. It came to the stage where I rip out the fixed landing gear clear off the bottom of the wing. I know I can glue it back on but looking at it I can see there is a problem with the exsisting size of wheel not being suitable for grass landings. I was wandering if anyone out there knows if the fixed landing gear of the P47 would fit a T28D. The P47 has a spring coil on its fixed landing wire gear which would assist in the landing in taking up a bit shock and with its bigger size wheel it sure would be an advantage. I was also wandering if the wheels of the SE5a would fit the exsisting wire strud.I know it would not look too exciting with the bigger wheels but its more to assist in the grass landings.
How tall is this grass? I fly in a large public park, and have no problem taking off and landing... well except for this one patch of thicker grass dead center in the field. The taller weeds will catch the wing/wings and nose it over if I hit that area on landing, but otherwise on a fairly short mowed field the stock wheels are no problem. I find this plane glides very well, a turn down field, cut throttle, and glide/dead stick approach is easy as cutting pie. The Apprentice has much more lift due to the sheer wing size so will glide even easier... ie slightly slower landing, but not much slower. Try a 10x10e prop, makes a bit more growl as she flies, and cruises easier part throttle.. not to mention cleaner take-off.
dragonshade is offline Find More Posts by dragonshade
Old Apr 25, 2012, 01:15 AM
Novice in training
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2011
708 Posts
I run 2 1/2 inch wheels on mine that the lhs carries. They were a little wider then the stock ones but I just didn't fully tighten nuts down and they work fine. Our fields are grass and the bigger wheels are a must. As far as it pulling the wheels off the wings I just gorilla glued mine on and haven't had that issue since. U might not have a Harbor Freight where u live but they sell small magnets called rare earth magnets that work great. They are crazy powerful for their size. Come in a 10 pack for like $2 here.
JoshB is offline Find More Posts by JoshB