Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:42 PM
United States, IL, Huntley
Joined Oct 2008
379 Posts
Discussion
Is It Just Me ....Or Has Hobby King Chat/Support Been Closed ?

Hi,

Attempted to contact HK via Chat and then Support on Thursday April 12th. Its been 4 days and havent heard back from them. Their Support has been closed and Chat has been offline the last 3 days? Are they closed weekends or is it an extended Chinese Holiday?

Ken
KenS999 is online now Find More Posts by KenS999
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:32 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,764 Posts
Just looked and it says the followig:

Live Online Chat
Our online chat service is usually a 24hr service but it's currently offline, which is pretty rare actually! It's probably because of a national public holiday or system maintenance.
We strongly suggest you to use our Support Center instead.

mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:10 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,395 Posts
I've posted in the customer support form, I've posted in the HK forum and all i get is lip service.

Filing a paypal claim will get their attention and resolve the issue. How sad that a company I've spend lots of dough with, considers me a "platinum member" who supposedly gets:

"Welcome Platinum member!
We take our customers membership very seriously, and as a platinum member you will be given the best service possible with prioritisation in support issues and warranty claims."

How sad that it takes a paypal claim to get their attention. So be it.....
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:45 PM
Joined Jul 2011
26 Posts
I am in the middle of Paypal dispute with them for missing items. You have to wait sometimes 30-60 minutes for someone to chat with you but they usually cannot help and you have to go through support center for help. After 3 weeks of waiting for them to resolve the problem I filed a complaint with Paypal and finally they responded " Please close the Paypal dispute so we can help you". Of course I immediately closed the Paypal dispute NOT! I will give them a few more days to make a partial refund or I will escalate the dispute to a claim with Paypal.
It is a shame since they have good prices and I can even put up with the long delivery time, but when they won't make good on missing items I will look elsewhere for parts.
Flipsighed is offline Find More Posts by Flipsighed
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:34 AM
Joined Oct 2008
379 Posts
It is a shame since they have good prices and I can even put up with the long delivery time, but when they won't make good on missing items I will look elsewhere for parts.

+1 I filed a dispute with PAYPAL as well ...as nobody at HK seems to be interested in resolving my issue. Please report back and let us know if/when you get a resolution.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Jul 2011
26 Posts
I will report back.
Before I ever ordered from them I did see the complaints here and elsewhere on the internet but I took a chance and had 6 other orders go OK. So I knew that I could have a problem with them and now I am dealing with it the best I can which unfortunately required getting Paypal involved.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:47 PM
Joined Jul 2011
16 Posts
I too have a missing package, and saddly i paid with my credit card, so i cant appeal to Pay Pal.

There is no more consumer support there, and they way it looks with complains poping all over internet forums, seems to me that they do not care too much about it, since nothing was done to solve it.
santiago404 is offline Find More Posts by santiago404
Old Apr 21, 2012, 07:37 AM
Joined Oct 2008
379 Posts
I too have a missing package, and saddly i paid with my credit card, so i cant appeal to Pay Pal.

It might be worth a quick phone call to your credit card company. You should be able to dispute the charge thru them. I know VISA does it. Good Luck.
-Ken
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:36 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,395 Posts
haha... this is funny. I post a support ticket with pictures of the battery and voltmeter. I finally get a reply stating that I need to take a picture of the battery and show the use a multimeter (and he posted a link to one they have for sale). LMAO.

I post a reply "thanking him for the suggestion of using a cheap $2.00 multimeter, however had you looked at the picture that I originally posted you would see me using a professional grade multimeter . My apologies for having my finger over the balance tap so that you couldn't see the two probes touching the contacts. I've sent a revised picture so that you aren't so confused."

I got a reply back stating that the claim was being forwarded to the warrenty dept and I should hear from them soon.

What a joke....... I have an order to be placed sitting right here in front of me. I've already told them I won't put this order in until this issue gets resolved. Approaching two weeks now and all they are doing is cutting their own throats by dragging their feet. It's pathetically funny. I'm stubborn that way. Until this issue gets resolved, there will be no order placed.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Nov 2010
8 Posts
I have the same question, I can't use online live chat for weeks, how come?
Is Hobby King going to close too? They are hiring many people recently.
gutman is offline Find More Posts by gutman
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:31 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,764 Posts
The online Support Center is still there and working. It takes them a couple of days to get back with an answer a question at the moment.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old May 07, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,088 Posts
Their chat has been "closed" for the last 2 weeks.

No chat at all, and when you call all you get is a message about "Our agents are busy helping other customers" And then it hangs up... WTH!?!?!

I placed an order (well two a few minutes apart) and the first one I got a receipt from PayPal but the order still shows as "unpaid" in the status, and then a few minutes later i placed a different one and that one is "Paid"

The things i ordered are in single digits of stock I will be pissed if I do not get what i ordered because they didn't reserve on for me...

ALSO, they are HORRIBLE as keeping things in stock lately... I just don't get it.

BUY MORE STOCK!!! Especially on something that you sell out of as soon as they come in!!!!
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old May 07, 2012, 04:37 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,395 Posts
As I expected, when I filed a paypal dispute the email I received from paypal said that HK had until May 7th to respond. Guess what, today (May 7th) I receive a message from Hobby King that my warranty claim has been approved and to please close the paypal dispute. I log into my Hobby King account and nothing has been done.

Close the dispute? Yeah right. When Hobby King follows though with what they promise, I have no problem closing the dispute. Until then, I will not release the leverage that paypal has. I hate like heck to have to go though this kind of proceedure, but Hobby King's lack of reasonable service forced the issue. Sad...... never had to resort to this with a business before, only shady individuals running some sort of scam.
Old May 11, 2012, 02:49 AM
lucky beginner
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region
Joined Jul 2011
57 Posts
maybe they running out costumer service employee who's stand with a huge complain everyday
coldg is offline Find More Posts by coldg
Old May 14, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Jul 2011
26 Posts
Paypal ruled in my favor in the dispute. Paypal did ask for a police report. I initially thought that was funny and called my local police department. The police department told me that fraud is one of their biggest problems and they get this all the time and they said they could take my info over the phone and they would produce a report. Paypal said they have to ask for the report because items are missing and someone could have taken them.
Now that Paypal sent me the funds I was going to order the missing items from HK but guess what, the items are out of stock.