Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:54 PM
DONT PANIC! :)
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Jan 2012
1,775 Posts
Help!
tail wheel wire. please have a look.

k,

im currently building a 30cc mxs breitling. the instructions kinda sucks. the photo below represents exactly what i have minus the shaft that the arrow is pointing at.

am i supposed to bend that wire 90 degrees up into the rudder and epoxy/thick ca it?

red aero mxs 30cc breitling.
out of stock is offline Find More Posts by out of stock
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:02 PM
Happiness is a belt fed weapon
Ventura, CA
Joined Oct 2009
1,252 Posts
That part that the arrow is pointing to is supposed to be glued into the bottom of the rudder and the small metal wire will steer the tail wheel and provide a bit of bump resistance. If you don't have that part, the ball link from a helicopter will work just as well.
Cleared2Engage is offline Find More Posts by Cleared2Engage
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:40 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,157 Posts
What he said. Looks like a typical tailwheel. DO NOT bend the wheel wire 90 deg. It must pass thru the small hole in the post and "hang" free. You do not want the steering qeometry of the wheel binding the rudder. GOOD LUCK !
Wingin' Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
Old Apr 16, 2012, 06:51 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,775 Posts
What does a ball link from a heli looks like? Sorry I'm very limited on this phone. I guess o was shorted that piece. thanks people!
Old Apr 16, 2012, 12:20 PM
Albany, OR
Joined Jul 2009
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by out of stock View Post
What does a ball link from a heli looks like? Sorry I'm very limited on this phone. I guess o was shorted that piece. thanks people!
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFPW7&P=ML

Just drill a hole in the bottom of the rudder big enough for the plastic end and epoxy it in place, then just run the tiller from your existing tail wheel through the brass eyelet in the bottom of the ball link.

Virtually any local hobby shop should carry ball links of some kind.

- Attached an image from a 3DHS Extra manual for reference -
dumbthumbs53 is offline Find More Posts by dumbthumbs53
Last edited by dumbthumbs53; Apr 16, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,775 Posts
Thank you so much