Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:01 PM
Robcon Inc.
United States, CO, Littleton
Joined Mar 2008
106 Posts
Actually I'm Robbert, my father is stan. He does the sales so you were talking to him about the panels. I do all the design work.

The Apache is the approach engineering Apache its a 50 size longbow model.
The mechs will fit most models on the market they are designed to be adaptable to suit the builders needs. They will have multiple servo layout and ways to mount to fuse.
reaper31 is offline Find More Posts by reaper31
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:01 AM
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
Nice to meet you robert! Nice family business you guys got happening.

Thanks, you should post those pics on horsemans apache build thread hes got a much bigger audience.
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:52 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Hi Robbert,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNZ View Post
Nice to meet you robert! Nice family business you guys got happening.

Thanks, you should post those pics on horsemans apache build thread hes got a much bigger audience.
Your welcome nice stuff you guys have, I'm a bit low on budget otherwise I would rebuild my Apache cockpit

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddertoast View Post
I was offered this head instead of the sportsmoto brand 4 blade head as they were defective and they do not want to ship me the defective head. Does anyone have any input on this head for the apache. it has 6 screws for the button so I'm not sure if I can get a sensor on it.
Thx
buddertoast is offline Find More Posts by buddertoast
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
I wouldnt bud, the alloy air sensor you paid for wont work on it, you'd have to drill a new center screw hole, and by the looks of it, there wont be much real estate around that area seeing as theres 6 screw holes already there. Also, this head has just come onto the market, Josereyes posted it on my blackhawk build, so bear in mind they are possibly trying to push this onto you instead to move units, and theres no real flight data on them on any forums out there yet as ive had a look.

This is my head, http://double-cats.com/sons/600-4h.html but this is the newer v2 version, i have the latest v2 5 blade head, and 2x V1 4 blade heads which im currently upgrading, (new phase control arms & new center hub - 1x $30 upgrade and 1x free upgrade) The Center hole on the newer versions is drilled correctly, so the airsensor just screws right into where the dome would have screwed into. When painted and weathered, it looks awesome. Highly recommended. check my apache vid for footage.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Quote:
I wouldnt bud, the alloy air sensor you paid for wont work on it, you'd have to drill a new center screw hole, and by the looks of it, there wont be much real estate around that area seeing as theres 6 screw holes already there. Also, this head has just come onto the market, Josereyes posted it on my blackhawk build, so bear in mind they are possibly trying to push this onto you instead to move units, and theres no real flight data on them on any forums out there yet as ive had a look.

This is my head, http://double-cats.com/sons/600-4h.html but this is the newer v2 version, i have the latest v2 5 blade head, and 2x V1 4 blade heads which im currently upgrading, (new phase control arms & new center hub - 1x $30 upgrade and 1x free upgrade) The Center hole on the newer versions is drilled correctly, so the airsensor just screws right into where the dome would have screwed into. When painted and weathered, it looks awesome. Highly recommended. check my apache vid for footage.
I searched around some forums as well and didn't see anything on it. I was seeing the same thing about the sensor.
I told them that I will wait for there new shipment of the double-cat head. Hopefully it will be the v2. Can you post a pic of your v2 for me?
It'll probably be a few weeks before I get it.
I know you were saying earlier that you stand by these heads, so I'm gonna take your work for it. The defective one had a bad drill in the hub (offcenter) thank God they inspected it before shipping it!!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:40 PM
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddertoast View Post
I searched around some forums as well and didn't see anything on it. I was seeing the same thing about the sensor.
I told them that I will wait for there new shipment of the double-cat head. Hopefully it will be the v2. Can you post a pic of your v2 for me?
It'll probably be a few weeks before I get it.
I know you were saying earlier that you stand by these heads, so I'm gonna take your work for it. The defective one had a bad drill in the hub (offcenter) thank God they inspected it before shipping it!!
the v2 is the one that is on my hughes 500d 600 size, theres a pic of it in the apache build thread. flys really smooth.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:36 PM
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
Just got an email back from young from double-cats.com that he is currently designing a scale blackhawk 600 size rotor head. He also mentioned that after reading the interest surrounding the apache scale rotor head, he thinks he is going to design an all in one scale apache head too.

I look forward to this with great interest.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:30 PM
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
Moving fine-scalemodela cannon ah-64b
Scale Apache AH-64B RC Heli - MOVING CANNON SYSTEM.MOV (1 min 47 sec)
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:21 AM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Quote:
Moving fine-scalemodela cannon ah-64b
http://youtu.be/zvWjHaL3M_w
Looks freakin awesome!!! Get that bad boy in the air!
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:21 PM
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
Tell me about it dude, I am fizzing at the bung. It will be the first time i will have had 3 working scale Helis in the build room. just waiting on new V2 rotor hub for my main rotor to arrive then i will set the mechanics up again and re-mount. I've built an Xtail, and i have to say, its 10 times smoother than the 4 blade tail rotor i had on there, BUT i couldnt get a very wide "X" blade angle because the linkage rods would start to bind, so i will settle for a somewhat semi "collapsed" X in the meantime. Looking forward to seeing how it behaves.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:44 PM
Joined Sep 2012
3 Posts
Super cool Jay, that cockpit looks awesome. Now we just need this weather to improve!
SimNZ is offline Find More Posts by SimNZ
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:44 PM
Joined Mar 2012
221 Posts
Hate to come off as a testimonial guy, but damn - double-cats.com are epic. instead of just sending me a new main rotor hub for my apache to use, Young aka tomcat just sent me a brand new V2 4 blade main rotor for my apache, absolutely free of charge. This is after he already sent me very cheap replacement parts which i worked out wouldnt fit the rotor hub so the end result, to avoid wasting time and money, young just replaced it!

LEGEND.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:20 PM
CW4
Joined Aug 2012
67 Posts
Wow. Now that is customer support.
CW4 is offline Find More Posts by CW4
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Epic indeed!!! Nice, now if they would just send scaleheli there order so I can get my head!! LOL