HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:08 PM
Joined Sep 2012
3 Posts
Jay, very jealous my friend - look forward to seeing the mk2 version at the field.
SimNZ is offline Find More Posts by SimNZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:31 AM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimNZ View Post
Jay, very jealous my friend - look forward to seeing the mk2 version at the field.
Simon! You're on here! You gonna give everyone a peek at the airwolf weapon system? Guys SIMnz is one of the guys that got me into scale helis! hehe. my wife blames him.

heres the blackhawk build thread too bro. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post22023475
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
Last edited by JayNZ; Sep 15, 2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:58 AM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
Hi Buddy

Good news for you I'm glad that at least the money is back, still from the head and the attitude off the suppler.
Thanks a bunch guys! Ordered head, so hopefully smooth sailing from here. Where can I get the apache rotor sensor for the head?

thanks
Buddy

Jay, really diggin the cockpit man!!! nice touch of class........ Smooth with the LED's.
buddertoast is offline Find More Posts by buddertoast
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:19 AM
Joined Sep 2012
3 Posts
Sure Jay, slightly off topic but here it is

RC Airwolf 50 Size With Retractable Machine Guns (0 min 48 sec)
SimNZ is offline Find More Posts by SimNZ
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:59 AM
CW4
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Where can I get the apache rotor sensor for the head?
Here you go:

http://www.fine-scalemodela.com/ah-64-apache2.html
CW4 is offline Find More Posts by CW4
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimNZ View Post
Sure Jay, slightly off topic but here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ryfBEo6s3g&feature=plcp
damn that classy bro. love it.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:25 PM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4 View Post
I was looking at that, but not sure it would fit? I dont see a set screw under it? Do you have one? How does it work?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:59 AM
CW4
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
I was looking at that, but not sure it would fit? I dont see a set screw under it? Do you have one? How does it work?
Yeah I bought one. It doesn't come with a set screw but has a 3mm threaded hole in the bottom for one. I am planning on just cutting the head off of a 3x12mm socket head bolt and using that. I figure I can put some loctite on each end, thread one end all the way into the sensor and then thread the sensor into the top of the rotor head.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:59 AM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Dubro 3mm long grub. that way you can set the screw into the head first and make sure its not oscillating incorrectly. then screw the sensor down onto it., or course, some blue loctite is a must.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:11 AM
CW4
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Dubro 3mm long grub.
3mm long? That seems far too short to attach the sensor to the head. Only 1.5mm on each side?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:15 PM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Quote:
3mm long? That seems far too short to attach the sensor to the head. Only 1.5mm on each side?
Hi Guys, just a idea

Please take a 3mm bolt, length 16mm glue it in the radar dome with approx 8mm sticking out of the dome.
After drying of the glue, cut off the head of the bolt, clean up the tread and screw it in your main head.
You need about 6mm tread for in your head.

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Last edited by Horseman; Sep 16, 2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: I was maybe a bit rude sorry
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
No, a 3mm "long grub" its 10mm long. my bad grammar. but jans idea is much less mucking around buying screws so i say go that way.
Last edited by JayNZ; Sep 16, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
http://www.robcon-rc.com/Pages/ScaleMechanics.aspx

this mechanics look awesome. I want!!! I can't find were to order it!
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:10 PM
Robcon Inc.
United States, CO, Littleton
Joined Mar 2008
106 Posts
Robcon mechanics

That is our mechanics. They are in the final stages of completion. They have been run up to full speed successully on tuesday they will fly in my apache for the first time. I do not expect any problems we will have them out at scale masters in ca in the next few weeks and (hopefully) have them ready for preorder. They should be ready to be under the tree for xmas.
They feature high quality kde parts and upgraded bearings and hardware
We are keeping the details off the forums untill we have the design finished.
Will post some pics post flight this week. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.
reaper31 is offline Find More Posts by reaper31
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:05 AM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper31 View Post
That is our mechanics. They are in the final stages of completion. They have been run up to full speed successully on tuesday they will fly in my apache for the first time. I do not expect any problems we will have them out at scale masters in ca in the next few weeks and (hopefully) have them ready for preorder. They should be ready to be under the tree for xmas.
They feature high quality kde parts and upgraded bearings and hardware
We are keeping the details off the forums untill we have the design finished.
Will post some pics post flight this week. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Hi Stan, Welcome to the build thread. glad to have some of your products on my apache!

Which apache have you designed these mechanics for? i would assume the indiehelis kit?