SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:48 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Hi all.

Ive reassmebled my apache, just need to add pods back on and stow the wiring for the new lighting system, add the gun and mounting system, re-assemble my mechanics/head and build an x tail and im good to go...

Heres some pics:
undercoated gun

painted gun:

Added new sensors to engine pods as seen on the ah-64-b and will paint. collar rotates freely and i added a dollop of clear ca eitherside of it to stop it from sliding l&r. hopefully when the helly is spooled up the vibration should make the little collar rotate backwards and forwards like on the real apache. fun scale.

gunner assembled: i driled out the centoer of it and cut the body down so when you look at the cockpit side on it looks as though the pilot is sitting higher than the gunner. Ive also assembled the pilot, cut down the legs and dry fitted them they look awesome, however, they add weight. Luckily my new hellfire missle set is a third of the weight of the original tf model hellfires, and im also eliminating the extra battery's for my cooling fans and BEC and having everything running off a 10cell powertrain so im hopefully running the same weight, if not lighter, it already felt and flew lighter with the new spinblades 600 size.

undercoated new engine pod, as old one was destroyed by blade strike

You can hardly tell that this tail boom had a massive hole in the top and was virtually broken in half.

new hellfires:

new hellfire mount:

repainting begins:

thats all folks!
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:56 PM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,601 Posts
*insert drooling smiley here*
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:10 AM
United States, WA, Steilacoom
Joined Nov 2011
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuyJT View Post
*insert drooling smiley here*
josereyes is offline Find More Posts by josereyes
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:47 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Hi Jay,

Its coming nice together again and even better.

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:51 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
thanks guys,

i forgot to ask you all to please excuse my messy workshop. 2 simultaneous builds going on...haha also yet to add new IR sensors and flare dispensers.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 08:15 PM
USA, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Dec 2007
952 Posts
You guys do awsome work.
prop bender is offline Find More Posts by prop bender
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:45 AM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Jay, the new hellfire missles you have, are they from the same place you got the new front gun as well?
buddertoast is offline Find More Posts by buddertoast
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:44 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2002
862 Posts
Awesome work, that's doing the kit justice !!
wilerbee is offline Find More Posts by wilerbee
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
ok Jay,
I took all blade grips and swash and everything off and spun it up with just the head unit bare. the sensor is a little little off, but there is 0 crazy vibration, so it is not the head, it has to be all the extra. So i weighed each blade grip, they are about 5 to 8 grams off from one another. Would that little bit of weight make this wobble? If I shave some of the grips weight wise or add weight to others to make them weight the same it might help?
not one of them weight the same.

I hate this slow start on this scorpion motor, it is not slow at all!??!?!?!? lol.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:51 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddertoast View Post
ok Jay,
I took all blade grips and swash and everything off and spun it up with just the head unit bare. the sensor is a little little off, but there is 0 crazy vibration, so it is not the head, it has to be all the extra. So i weighed each blade grip, they are about 5 to 8 grams off from one another. Would that little bit of weight make this wobble? If I shave some of the grips weight wise or add weight to others to make them weight the same it might help?
not one of them weight the same.

I hate this slow start on this scorpion motor, it is not slow at all!??!?!?!? lol.

Hey bud,

The hellfire missles are part of the weapons set upgrade for the UH-60 Blackhawk which i bought for my BH when i ordered it from RC Aerodyne. Heres the link: https://www.scaleflying.com/Weapons-...lis_p_796.html

About your blade grips, man that sucks bigtime, id find the most common weight and ask the manufacturer to replace the grips with ones closest to that weight. if they dont get back to you, then i personally would bin it and go for a more reliable manufacturer, but if thats not an option for you then i guess you could try reducing the weight, but i dont like the idea if reducing the integrity of the grip in the process.

that really sucks bro im gutted for you. looked like a pretty mint unit. someone else might care to add their thoughts, as im a firm believer of getting you money back in situations like this. if you take to it with a dremel, you wont see a penny.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
I emailed them for a swap out, but it has been a month, so I do not expect much from them. There service and communication wasn't that great.
I am adding trust bearing spacer for weight until I get each grip in whole the 13 grams they should weight.
I have spun her up now and she is less vibrant, but it is still there. Working on tracking and CG as it is very nose heavy with 2 6cells in the front. I have to mount one of the batts underneath the heli to get it, just working on a solid mount to take her for a test spin.

thanks for your response Jay. I hope I can get this right and I will not stop until I do as this head is great looking and I'm hard headed... lol.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:16 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
I emailed them for a swap out, but it has been a month, so I do not expect much from them. There service and communication wasn't that great.
I am adding trust bearing spacer for weight until I get each grip in whole the 13 grams they should weight.
I have spun her up now and she is less vibrant, but it is still there. Working on tracking and CG as it is very nose heavy with 2 6cells in the front. I have to mount one of the batts underneath the heli to get it, just working on a solid mount to take her for a test spin.

thanks for your response Jay. I hope I can get this right and I will not stop until I do as this head is great looking and I'm hard headed... lol.

haha, word, im a solid believer in the art of problem solving. we are in the right game.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:20 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Just got confirmation from robcon-rc that my panels are now completed and will be shipped tomorrow. STOKED! It took 5 months but im really happy with the result and will top off my cockpit perfectly.

stan sent me a shot of the finished product.

Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:49 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
628 Posts
Quote:

Buddy about your CG, I use two 4cells packs instead the two 6 cells you use.
And the weight between this two setups are big i guess 400 gram that I'm lighter in weight with my setup
So you need to go backwards with your battery's.

About your Head well this really sucks man it looks great but it is a balance disaster.
Knowing as you say that you don't have support at all from the suppler I shall try to ad some weight to get the balance even.
Grinding metal off the grips is also possible but grinding metal back on isn't but possible as a last option. (Grinding metal off)

Jan
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:04 AM
Joined Jun 2008
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayNZ View Post
Just got confirmation from robcon-rc that my panels are now completed and will be shipped tomorrow. STOKED! It took 5 months but im really happy with the result and will top off my cockpit perfectly.

stan sent me a shot of the finished product.

man that looks freaking awesome! Good stuff. can't wait to see it all together.