SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Hey guys, Hope you are well.

Last weekend i was a guest at a different heli club (it was pretty well set up and a lot of scale guys so i became a member ) the club secretary took some footage of the newly rebuilt apache, and my hughes 500e. it had just rained so vid is a little dark in places.

Scale Hughes and Apache Helicopter (6 min 50 sec)

The apache looks to behave and handle a lot better than she feels. im really riding the tail / cyclic the whole way through a right hand turn. COG has shifted due to heavier cockpit. Its just a shame it was'nt sunnier as the new weathering paint job really stands out in the light. Also, wouldnt you know it but as soon as i installed the mechanics, the l&r turning gun servo decided to stop working. its a connection thing im pretty sure so only have up and down working at the moment.

enjoy!
JayNZ is offline Find More Posts by JayNZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 05:44 PM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
629 Posts
Very nice flying there Jay.

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:43 PM
Leopoldsburg, Belgium
Joined Jul 2006
226 Posts
Hey Jay,

The apache seems to be flying really nice! Also no vibrations to be seen which is quite good on such a model, with the wings and large tailfin,who are very sensitive to vibrations.
Your weathering looks very realistic, did you airbrush over the existing paint, or used the pre shading technique before painting?
What paint did you use?

greets,

Didier
didier n is offline Find More Posts by didier n
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Thanks jan, its nice to have her back in the air. no cyclic wobble in ff any more. its great.

didier, Yeah shes actually smoother vibration wise than before which is great. i put this down to correctly weighted blades from spinblades, and a whole new set of bearings and gears throughout the heli.

The weathering is done with very diluted tamiya xf-1 and airbrush, then covered with dull coat which really brings it to life.

Im doing the same with xf-1 paint today to my blackhawk, on top of tamiya nato black, which will make the panel areas look really sunfaded, which is how the medivac uh-60 im modelling my bird off looks after a deployment in Iraq.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:37 PM
AMA#313760
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined May 2009
751 Posts
Very nice flights

John
JLogan is offline Find More Posts by JLogan
Old Dec 07, 2012, 11:39 AM
France, IdF, Aubergenville
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
I don't understand how to order to smart model ?????
In the web site smart model, you have just a paypal point to order.
So, you don't have a bill like other web site and no account with your profil (name, adress,.....) and answer to confirm your order.
Could you please explain me how to order to smart model?
If you want many thing, you must use paypal many time???
I try to contact us by phone (number on web site) and nobody to answer??
Thank's you
serguei is offline Find More Posts by serguei
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serguei View Post
I don't understand how to order to smart model ?????
In the web site smart model, you have just a paypal point to order.
So, you don't have a bill like other web site and no account with your profil (name, adress,.....) and answer to confirm your order.
Could you please explain me how to order to smart model?
If you want many thing, you must use paypal many time???
I try to contact us by phone (number on web site) and nobody to answer??
Thank's you

Email bandylaw118@yahoo.com.hk with a list of the product numbers you wish to purchase and she will consolidate a paypal invoice for you. best of luck.
Old May 03, 2013, 04:33 AM
Joined Jun 2010
10 Posts
Apache smart model

Hello JayNZ
I am french and acatually i am building the APACHE AH-64 D Longbow ! I modified the pontoons of the model of Smart model with Dépron and plywood of 0,8 mm here is the Apache after modification !

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The set of armament was completely made because that supplied is not rather realistic! In particular that of Hellfire which are too short! I redid them with the tube of carbon diameter 18 m/m and nose cones in resin! Length 15,5 cms supports are also more model

I also realized a more realistic thermal device of delusions

also modified the support of tail wheel

i am actually working on main blades maiking model blades they are only for STATIC

DURIEZ Jacques is offline Find More Posts by DURIEZ Jacques
Old Jun 04, 2013, 05:09 PM
Joined Mar 2012
222 Posts
Hi there! wow, this looks cool. you've put a lot of work into it. do you plan on flying it or is it just a alrge scale static model? I too have the same hellfires, i agree, the ones supplied are not realistic and being made of metal, are also an unnecessary weight.

Best of luck, please feel free to update your pics here any time.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 02:17 AM
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joined Apr 2006
472 Posts
Hi Jay

I am keen on going the scale route. Is kin still around because everywhere I read about him he seems to have disappeared. Who else supplies these parts/models besides kin?

Love your work!
darook is offline Find More Posts by darook