HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by skye8070, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:32 PM
Skye Malcolm
Upper Arlington, OH
Joined Mar 2009
644 Posts
Gallery
Why the Sovereign is the Best Sailplane Ever

I'm either too unfamiliar with the heavy iron (I mean carbon) F3J planes or they just aren't as good as a Sovereign, but whatever the case I just love, love, love flying this plane. Maybe because you can't get them anymore from Mountain Models / Laser Arts but it just is a very special flying plane. Every year at Toledo I ask the guys at the MM/LA booth if they'll consider re-issuing it. Even for double the price I think this one of the best 2 meter planes out there, especially for relaxing flying that most sailplane guys are into. I know it's not a great contest ship, especially without spoilers like mine, but that doesn't stop me from loving it.
skye8070 is offline Find More Posts by skye8070
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:25 PM
Changing one life at a time...
United States, NJ, Pemberton Township
Joined Aug 2010
419 Posts
Do you have a copy of the plans? There's another member looking for them:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1746274
JimStanmore is offline Find More Posts by JimStanmore
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Plans On My Build List
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:23 PM
Skye Malcolm
Upper Arlington, OH
Joined Mar 2009
644 Posts
Generally speaking plans can be sold but because they are copyrighted material I don't believe they should be copied. I'm a little surprised Mountain Models wouldn't sell a new set of plans. That said, this plane's appeal to the builder was that so much of the kit was laser cut and as a result was a fast build. I don't believe it could be built very easily just from the plans, at least not in the same way as a plane designed to scratch built where every rib template is on the plans.
skye8070 is offline Find More Posts by skye8070