HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:58 PM
United Kingdom, Fleet
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
Question
Blade 450 Setting's

Hi Guys,
need some help on my Blade 450 with Dx6i.
for some reason over night something has changed and im not sure what.
(it doesnt help that im new to rc Heli's).

Basically i think the settings are messed up and wondered if any one had the factory settings for the RTF version of this.
the flybar seems to stay at a 30 deg as well, i havnt flown it because of this, when i throttle up it stays at an angle and when i throttle down it seems to try and move ALL the blades to the right and tries to drag the heli over......

any help would be perfect, settings or otherwise. i have definitly messed up the setting so the originals would be great.

THANKS

TOM
B3RNTaylor is offline Find More Posts by B3RNTaylor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:22 PM
United Kingdom, Cnwll
Joined Feb 2012
106 Posts
The settings should be in your manual. I would carefully check you head linkages to make sure everthing is correct - might be an incorrect link somewhere with that flybar. Don't rush the head setup; it will determine wether it flies or dies!

Try this: http://locoracers.com/2011/07/11/efl...-spektrum-dx8/ There is a list of Blade 450 manual; download the first one. On the PDF go to page 9. There are DX6i factory settings there. You need to keep your throttle and pitch curves gentle, to avoid any sudden drama.
tonycopter is offline Find More Posts by tonycopter
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:59 AM
Crash and Burn
Joined Sep 2011
678 Posts
Check to see if one or more of the servo settings is reversed from what it should be. Keep in mind that some of them should be reversed, and some should be normal.
lawlist is offline Find More Posts by lawlist
Old Apr 16, 2012, 01:47 PM
United Kingdom, Fleet
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
Hi guys,

thanks for the replies. well all the linkages seem ok, it seems the swash plate doesnt move UP when its meant to only one servo moves? (but the other servo moves with other controls) so not sure if this is supposed to.
i cant seem to view the B450INT PDF and the manual doesnt seem to have any settings in. i think i have the reversed bits the right way as i have settings for a DX7 and 8.

might be a shop job me thinks...... annoying the shop happens to be an hour away and really arnt that helpful. not sure any clubs around this area.

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2012, 01:52 PM
Crash and Burn
Joined Sep 2011
678 Posts
If one moves up, and the other two move down, or visa versa, then the servo settings in the transmitter may be reversed.

If one moves, up and the other two do not move at all, then that would not be good -- in that case, perhaps the travel limits are preventing them from moving, or perhaps a loose connection.

Maybe someone could chime in, but I think the last two models or second to last in the DX6i come from the factory pre-programmed for the Blade 450 3D -- of course, you would still need to bind.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:18 AM
Chuck1073
Joined Mar 2012
26 Posts
Why is the rudder servo always reversed in their settings? It seems to make more sense that right stick should move the tail to the right....rather than reversed.
chuck1073 is offline Find More Posts by chuck1073
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:29 AM
Crash and Burn
Joined Sep 2011
678 Posts
The transmitters from Spektrum that I own are designed so that the left stick controls rudder. I have seen websites that offer an alternative set-up for other brands of transmitters, which is chosen when the transmitter is ordered. In general, the experienced RC pilots think about left and right as if they were sitting inside the cockpit, rather than looking at the direction of the tail from behind the bird itself.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 03:18 PM
Joined Mar 2012
203 Posts
No one has mentioned "swashplate mode". In my Futaba T7C, there are perhaps 5 different modes for the swashplate. The proper mode (120 deg, 90, etc) and for/aft elevator. Maybe your radio has something similar? Even aero/heli (if you have it) could be set wrong.

Can you get the ailerons working correctly? you might have to reverse one servo. Often, there is both an individual servo reverse per action, and a "group" reverse. the left and right servos should "rock" the swashplate left or right appropriately (one up, other down, elevator stays put). Get that working first, then go to the other swashplate functions like elevator and then collective. That's what I just had to do for my T7C and Trex 450 Sport V2!

Alan
(standard disclaimer, I'm a beginner too!)
KM6VV is offline Find More Posts by KM6VV
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:12 PM
United Kingdom, Fleet
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
hi guys thank you for all your help. im still slowly working on it.
just seems that the fly bar is still at a 30 deg angle constantly?

i have some of the settings for dx7 and 8 but not dx61, would i still be able to use the same do you think??

thanks
tom
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:42 PM
United Kingdom, Fleet
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
HI guys right i think i have cracked it. i have reset ALL the settings and it all seems to be working no angle (or very little) on the flybar.
HOWEVER. i think my controls are backwards the power seems fine but the right stick seems strange,
obv i havnt powered it right up but with little power and the right stick UP to go forward the swash plate moves DOWN at the rear near the boon. i would assume this would make the heli go.... BACK???

i have followed the intructions but should i reverse them and see what happens??

THANKS once again
Tom
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3RNTaylor View Post
hi guys thank you for all your help. im still slowly working on it.
just seems that the fly bar is still at a 30 deg angle constantly?

i have some of the settings for dx7 and 8 but not dx61, would i still be able to use the same do you think??

thanks
tom
Here is DX6i setup for Blade 450. You may need to check Servo reverse/normal setup and swash mix settting
wlee1017 is offline Find More Posts by wlee1017
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:37 PM
My other addiction!
Marysville, Ca., US
Joined Jan 2007
1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck1073 View Post
Why is the rudder servo always reversed in their settings? It seems to make more sense that right stick should move the tail to the right....rather than reversed.
Right stick moves the NOSE right, not the tail. You should always be flying the nose of the heli.
norcalheli is offline Find More Posts by norcalheli
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:23 PM
180z
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Dx6i intermediate settings expo?

Is 7% expo enough for someone fairly new to cp heli or is 20% better with stock settings? any input will be greatly appreciated or recommended settings for a begginer. Can fly the mcpx okay not great but can get through battery packs with our crashing. Just not sure if 7% expo is enough?
Truedough is offline Find More Posts by Truedough
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:29 PM
180z
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Sorry if this isn't the right way to post a question first time posting
Truedough is offline Find More Posts by Truedough
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:21 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truedough View Post
Is 7% expo enough for someone fairly new to cp heli or is 20% better with stock settings? any input will be greatly appreciated or recommended settings for a begginer. Can fly the mcpx okay not great but can get through battery packs with our crashing. Just not sure if 7% expo is enough?
The amount of expo is more of a personal taste thing rather than any "correct" value. Do what feels best for you, but with that being said it is possible to go too far. If you use too much it will dumb the sticks down so much that you will be chasing the heli as the sticks will not be responsive enough at center. This will make the heli harder to fly instead of easier.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted