Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:39 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,857 Posts
Discussion
Anyone here tried the eflight twist 3d 480?

Not sure if this group is primarily aimed at foam parkflyers, but thought I'd see. I recently got this as my first balsa plane and it's a pretty neat little plane. I'm not experienced enough to offer a really good evaluation, but so far I find it quite versatile with a wide flight envelope. It has good speed, but will slow down well and doesn't seem to have any bad habits, or at least ones that have gotten me in trouble yet. Would like to hear from anyone that might offer any more insite into this plane and hints or such that would be things to watch for or change to add to its abilities.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:49 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,996 Posts
Take a look in "sport planes" 2nd page.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy View Post
Take a look in "sport planes" 2nd page.
Don
Been there, done that. Appears only two of us have. Doesn't sound very popular around these forums.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:36 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,996 Posts
One of my flying buddies maidened his the other day. With a 480 it has power, but not a lot of speed due to the "draggy" wing chord. Sure has lots of control surfaces. Rolls FAST. It looks bigger than the 35 incher that it is, not sure why. He flies his 3DHS Vyper most times, but he said this Twist is coming to the field every time. So ..... popular? With him, for sure. Maybe folks don't want to try it because it is so small.
Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,857 Posts
When I said it seemed to have good speed, I didn't mean fast for sure. But I'm old and slow, so I don't need really fast and as I am learning I appreciate a plane that will perform basic aerobatics without needing to be moving at 60 mph. Reading around these forums would seem to indicate that the 3dhs stuff is some of the most popular and best flying planes available. So if someone that flies 3dhs stuff most of the time likes his, that sounds like a compliment. I'm not experienced enough or around enough different planes and pilots to have much to compare with. I run a 1020kv park 480 with a 12x6 prop on mine which seems to have plenty of power, but not blazing speed. It is faster than my flat foamy planes, but not as fast as my Carbon Z. But it seems it will slow down to speeds in comparison with the flat foamy and still maintain control at lower speeds than the CZ. Very miserly on batteries it seems.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:11 PM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,014 Posts
I like the 11x5.5E better than the 12x6E for the 480 1250kv motor. The 11" prop gives better punch out of a hover and a lot less torque effect.
McD
kingsflyer is offline Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:49 PM
Joined Aug 2009
103 Posts
I want one

Even though I have not seen a great deal of info on this bird. It looks great.

Waverunner
Waverunner is offline Find More Posts by Waverunner
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:47 AM
Joined Sep 2010
3,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverunner View Post
Even though I have not seen a great deal of info on this bird. It looks great.

Waverunner
It's a great little plane, but I believe the folks around this forum have a thing against HH. I guess I'd love to try some of the other brands they rave about around here, but absolutely hate ordering planes. I want to see and fondle what I'm shopping for and see if it nuzzles up to me and wants me to take it home and also really want to do all I can to support our lhs which doesn't carry the "other" brands. But thus far, nothing but great luck with the HH models.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Jan 2009
7,643 Posts
A flying buddy of mine has one of these. He likes it a lot. I've seen it fly; it;s quite nimble. It has those fat-chord wings typical of a 3D slow-flier.
rafe_b is offline Find More Posts by rafe_b