HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by BMtech, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 07:29 AM
Scorpian 60'' 2012
Kurrajong Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,455 Posts
Discussion
black paint

More painting today, just masked up the bottoms of the wings, will be laying down gloss black

I’m just dividing the bottom in ¼ chequer as Sean had this on a wing last year at Manila, I liked the look & it was easy to see ----I need all the help I can get with this as it won’t present a big profile in the air

I have the corner over a servo hole as its going to have carbon covers on the servos later & the LE has the tape running along the very front of the wing
After some measurements & marking with tape I laid down some fine line tape then masking tape & news paper to cover the whole wing ready for spraying this was a bad move as when removing the paper later it had left ink on the white paint –grrr! , it will clean off when I buff it out

I started to spray & had some trouble with the hvlp gun (cheap of EBay) & I found that there was a blockage in one of the fan holes & the gun was pulsing ,after re-cleaning it all was fine

I laid the black down with 2 very light coats just a dusting then followed by 2 full wet coats with about 3 or so mins between each coat
The paint was left for about 1 hour before removing the masking ,it has come out good with some gloss, ,Ill be polishing it up later after the top sides are painted & putting a coat of clear on it

That’s it for now
Rick
BMtech is offline Find More Posts by BMtech
to remove ads between posts