HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:45 AM
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
I should have mine by the end of the week. Hopefully have it in the air on the weekend. never flown this type of plane before. I reckon it might put a bit of excitement back into some flying.
I'll give you lot my expert opinion next week
medroller is offline Find More Posts by medroller
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:11 PM
Faster is Better
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2012
465 Posts
I just saw this thread... sorry for the delay. I think most Dynamic-S owners are either here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1782069
or here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1194905
(keep in mind that the Hype Wow, ST Models Blaze, and Dynamic-S are *very* similar to each other)

I've cut out the foam "cheeks" inside of my Dynamic-S bay... and I'm able to slide a Turnigy 2450 way back under the wing. This leaves *just* enough room for a 6-CH Rx behind it. The plane balances beautifully... and it flies like a dream. For safety's sake, I added a little hot-glue dam, back by the receiver, to prevent further battery movement that way.

This leaves the factory installed velcro strip in place... and I've been able to borrow my son's 2200 and 1800 batteries and stick them in without trouble. I just velcro them further forward to keep the CG.

Frankly, I don't notice any difference in flight characteristics between the smaller and larger sizes. The plane doesn't seem to notice either way.
OldeMan is online now Find More Posts by OldeMan
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:16 PM
Faster is Better
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2012
465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldeMan View Post
... I've cut out the foam "cheeks" inside of my Dynamic-S bay... and I'm able to slide a Turnigy 2450 way back under the wing. ...
To be clear -- I don't mean to imply this is an easy fit: It's very snug and requires a "creative" insertion technique. (Maybe I should post a little video? If there is interest, I'll give that a try.)
OldeMan is online now Find More Posts by OldeMan
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:19 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2012
23 Posts
I'm running a 2200 4s nano tech and its tight but fits.

Yea stock esc is fine for a stock setup as recommended, but if your looking at doing any upgrades it should be the first thing you replace.
Terra is offline Find More Posts by Terra
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:06 PM
United States, CA, Isla Vista
Joined Dec 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000442 View Post
Where did you get the prop? My dynamic s came in and the metal hub that attaches to the main motor was in pieces so the prop fell off as I was putting it together! Thanks Hobby King! Any recommendations on other props etc I can use with this model? Would a radian prop and some way to attach to the stock motor work? Sorry for the noob questions
Exact same thing happened to me! Broken prop shaft on arrival (along with both wing tips bent & cracked). Pretty disappointing!
Kipling is offline Find More Posts by Kipling
Old Apr 13, 2013, 11:08 AM
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
A 2200 mah battery works great. I lay mine wide side down. There is a little foam cutting necessary. It's easy. I push the battery all the way back next to the receiver for a balanced CG.
stevet1 is offline Find More Posts by stevet1
Old Sep 05, 2013, 01:50 AM
Joined May 2012
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars N View Post
Hi.
Does anyone have any experience on the Durafly Dynamic-S fra Hobbyking. Thinking about ordering one and I am wondering if the 3s 2200mah battery pack will fit since Hobbyking is recommends the 3S 1800 batterypack.
it fits :-)
herropreeze is offline Find More Posts by herropreeze
Old Oct 10, 2013, 02:13 AM
fly 1 day, repair the next 3
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Dec 2012
163 Posts
Did anyone have any troubles with the servo links on the v-tail? Mine seen to be hitting the sides.
Myko is offline Find More Posts by Myko