SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:14 AM
Norway, Akershus, As
Joined Apr 2007
162 Posts
Discussion
Battery for the Durafly Dynamic-S from Hobbyking

Hi.
Does anyone have any experience on the Durafly Dynamic-S fra Hobbyking. Thinking about ordering one and I am wondering if the 3s 2200mah battery pack will fit since Hobbyking is recommends the 3S 1800 batterypack.
Lars N is offline Find More Posts by Lars N
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:03 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Apr 2011
385 Posts
Had been wondering the same thing. In the FliteTest video Josh says you can cut out a bit of foam and cram in a 3s 2200. I hope so, its what I plan to do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=O7ropkJ_i_4
fallingdown is offline Find More Posts by fallingdown
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:46 AM
Norway, Akershus, As
Joined Apr 2007
162 Posts
I would expect it to fit well, but since Hobbyking are just recomending the 3S1800 I start to wonder if the 2200 is to big.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:09 AM
Norway, Akershus, As
Joined Apr 2007
162 Posts
Is there nobody who have this airplane?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:16 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars N View Post
Is there nobody who have this airplane?
I've done a search theres no review thread
skyhawk newbie is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk newbie
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:14 AM
Norway, Akershus, As
Joined Apr 2007
162 Posts
I got an answer from HobbyKing s discussion pages. He flew his model with the 3s2200mAh battery pack, it's the only thing I have found.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 07:28 AM
the flying fool
canal fulton,oh
Joined Dec 2006
156 Posts
I do have this plane with a upgraded motor 60amp esc and I still have no problem fitting a 2200mah 30c battery in there...hope that helps ya out.
crash1414 is offline Find More Posts by crash1414
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:40 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
I have this plane, and the Zippy Flightmax 1800mAh 3S fits nicely (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=23532) on its narrow edge. With that battery, it's balanced on its CoG with the receiver underneath the wing.

The HK page says the battery is 36mm wide, and it's a little bit of a squeeze to get it in without cutting the model. I have a velcro tab holding it in, so maybe add another 2 - 3 mm to the space available height wise.

Length wise, a little bit may need to be cut out under the wing, but no major surgery for a bigger battery I imagine.

As for how it flies, very nicely. Climbs vertically with no problem, and glides very comfortably. I even setup the ailerons as flaperons, and into a gentle breeze I can get it to fly slow enough I could catch it by hand on landing the way way Bixler does in the Flitetest review. It'll do inverted loops and immelmans easily. It's very weird to see a glider pushing over at the top of a climb, being stable the whole time. Flies inverted just fine as well.

I'm still on the lookout for a nice balsa or composite model like this, but I'm certainly happy with the purchase.
davidjericho is offline Find More Posts by davidjericho
Old May 23, 2012, 05:18 AM
Australia, VIC, Chadstone
Joined Dec 2011
136 Posts
I can balance mine with anything from 1500-2200 Zippy and Turnigy batteries - havent tried anything smaller.

The catch is that you need to mount them all on their narrow edge as the width of the battery bay gets very narrow under the front of the wings - approx 30mm wide.

As long as your battery is not taller than 36mm (when mounted on narrow edge) it should slide under OK without cutting any foam.
maca55 is online now Find More Posts by maca55
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:56 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,926 Posts
I know I'm late, but I thought I'd add some input here. I am flying the Dynamic S with a Turnigy nano-tech 2200mah 3S. It fits with no cutting of foam required, and the balance is spot on. Only problems are that it blocks the cooling airflow path, and you will just need to attach some tape to the battery so you can remove it without pulling at the leads. Hope that helps.
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:47 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2012
159 Posts
Any issues with the stock esc? I have heard of problems and some crashes with it not up to the task. I have ordered larger esc just in case.
S2000442 is online now Find More Posts by S2000442
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:06 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,926 Posts
Runs a little warm for my liking. The canopy also allows the sun to heat it up. Once, I decided not to go up because the sun had baked the esc until it was quite warm to the touch while I was flying other planes. I will probably upgrade it, together with the power system, when I have finished working on other projects.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:25 AM
Joined Mar 2012
4 Posts
I have had a dynamic-s since about Christmas from memory and the stock esc gave up after about 20 flights. I replaced it with a turnigy plush 40a and it has been fine ever since. Most of my flying with it is on days when there is too much wind for anything else rather than flying it like a hotliner. Last weekend we had a steady 40km/h wind gusting to 50 and it was a blast getting altitude and coming down at full speed.

I run a 2200mah 30c turnigy battery and have no problems with cog. You can't fit anything much larger but given my record is 104min on a single 2200mah I don't know why you would want to. There is a little bit of room under the wing but it is very narrow, enough for a tm1000 and ar8000 receiver (just).

Only mods have done are a carbon prop after a tree jumped up and broke the stock one and removing some stickers to help with orientation when it gets up high.
thegroden is offline Find More Posts by thegroden
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:27 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,926 Posts
Stupid trees, always jumping up and smacking your planes .
Old Aug 25, 2012, 07:00 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2012
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegroden View Post
I have had a dynamic-s since about Christmas from memory and the stock esc gave up after about 20 flights. I replaced it with a turnigy plush 40a and it has been fine ever since. Most of my flying with it is on days when there is too much wind for anything else rather than flying it like a hotliner. Last weekend we had a steady 40km/h wind gusting to 50 and it was a blast getting altitude and coming down at full speed.

I run a 2200mah 30c turnigy battery and have no problems with cog. You can't fit anything much larger but given my record is 104min on a single 2200mah I don't know why you would want to. There is a little bit of room under the wing but it is very narrow, enough for a tm1000 and ar8000 receiver (just).

Only mods have done are a carbon prop after a tree jumped up and broke the stock one and removing some stickers to help with orientation when it gets up high.
Where did you get the prop? My dynamic s came in and the metal hub that attaches to the main motor was in pieces so the prop fell off as I was putting it together! Thanks Hobby King! Any recommendations on other props etc I can use with this model? Would a radian prop and some way to attach to the stock motor work? Sorry for the noob questions
S2000442 is online now Find More Posts by S2000442