SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Adidas4275, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:30 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,943 Posts
Discussion
My experience and first video with the PhotoShip One MKTR Pro mount

I bought the PSO MKTR mount used off the BST about 3 weeks ago and went i got it the servo horns were warn down and did not hold the roll arms very well and I was getting frustrated trying to tune it.....

So I sent a email to PSO and I quickly got an email back.... I was asking if I could purchase some unlisted parts for the MKTR. I was upfront with the owner and let him know that I had bought his mount used and would pay for any parts I needed.

He sent me an email back letting me know that he would send me the parts the next day and not to worry about the cost.

I got the parts a couple days later and today was able to install them.

My MKTR has dual roll servos (fairly cheap HiTech Digital Servos) and the Gear driven tilt with a slightly higher end HiTech digital servo. Ill add the part numbers later.

I hooked it up to my RC-Carbon Y-6 , tuned my HoverFly Pro board for the gimbal and took it out to the front yard to put it through its paces.

It performed well and will be better as I tune it better and loosen the adjustment screws for the vibration dampening.

The mount is well made and with using fairly cheap and lowend servos gets good results. Is it the same as DJI's new $1K gimbal or the Cinestar Gimbal.... no, but for the $400 or so that I picked it up for it is well worth the $$

I am not a fan of direct drive mounts and the dual direct drive servo on the roll axis do a good job, much better than if it was a single servo, but I think this is were there needs to be an upgrade option.

I would love to buy some more MKS brushless standard sized servos and throw a 2.5:1 gear reduction on it and see what it can do, but in its current state that would be a big undertaking.

the gear upgrade for tilt is really necessary to get rid of the stepping in the servo... and if i changed out the servo to a true 12bit resolution servo it would even be better.

The large stage on the mount allow you to use various cameras and lenses.

This was the first time I was able to use the 18-55mm Sony E Lens in an aerial application and I was happy I did. I also have a cheap samsung camcorder and some gopros that I will test with.

I know I have seen a lot of negative comments about the MKTR and or PSO in general, but from my personal experience their customer service and product is on par or better than other manufactures in the business.

Ill update this post with some videos of something interesting when i get the change

Sony Nex-5n 18-55 Aerial Video Test with Photoship One mKTR Pro HoverFly Pro (3 min 7 sec)

Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275
to remove ads between posts