Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 14, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined Jun 2006
189 Posts
Whoops!
A few seconds in the air, need good props.

Normally we can keep it up in the air for quite some time, but once in a while there are issues from the crappy GWS clone props which fall off the prop saver.

Where can I get good 7" props and prop adapters?

Testing new UAV feet on uneven ground (1 min 48 sec)
nabiul is offline Find More Posts by nabiul
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Are really the props and the adapters cheap or you dont have any threadlock in them?
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Feb 2010
316 Posts
I now that cage is light, but that's a lot to have above the thrust plane
Magnumb is offline Find More Posts by Magnumb
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Jun 2006
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vewdew View Post
Are really the props and the adapters cheap or you dont have any threadlock in them?
We're not using adapters, using propsavers which don't always hold down the propeller properly.

The props are cheap, they're the 'gws style' propellers from hobbyking. The quality is craaaaap, I can probably make better propellers by hand from wood. We got these because they were the only 7" props we could find from a legitimate looking site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumb View Post
I now that cage is light, but that's a lot to have above the thrust plane
A lot of people comment on that, but the cage weighs something like 70 grams in total with all the plastic pieces. Most of that is below the propellers, the stuff above barely compares considering that the entire quad weighs something like 650grams.
nabiul is offline Find More Posts by nabiul