HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:37 AM
The ever learning newbie
Joined Dec 2006
155 Posts
Discussion
2.4 Turnigy TX/RX systems & Other TX/RX systems as well

I have been browsing the Hobby King site for some time and I have registered as they have a few items that I would love to get as the weather gets nicer and such. My issue and I am hoping someone from the company monitors this section of the forum.

I have put two different TX/RX systems into my wish list with a request that when the items get into stock email me so I can order them. The first Tx/RX is the Turnigy 9channel system with the V2 firmware upgrade, and the other is the Hobby King 7 channel 5 model memory system. Of course these never seem to be in stock until today.

I receive and email saying the item is in stock so I log into the web site and low and behold it is no longer in stock I receive email this morning and less than an hour later they are gone again.

HOBBY KING PLEASE GET SOME STOCK!!!!! I really want to get a couple of the planes (J-3 cub 1400mm) and the 1100mm T-28 but those are also in a huge backorder out of stock situation.....WTH ???? STOCK STOCK STOCK....won't order a plane if I can't get a TX/RX system along with it as well...
rab23us is offline Find More Posts by rab23us
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:55 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
I have had the same experience. I get an email saying they are in stock in USA warehouse but when I go there they are out.
The Turnigy radio looks like a good deal but they can't keep any in stock in the US. I think most of the stock gets diverted to the Asian market first and whatever is left over gets sent here.

I gave up trying and got a Spektrum DX7i off of ebay for 260 dollars with a 6 channel receiver and four servos. I'm really happy with it, it is easy to program and can do any kind of mix you could ever want. I know it cost more but it was better than waiting forever for a radio that may not get here.
treeshurtz is offline Find More Posts by treeshurtz
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:14 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,166 Posts
About the availability of the 9X
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/f....asp?TID=28757
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:11 AM
BillyG master daehrekcep
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,904 Posts
They are also about to release the 9XR which is a revised version of the 9X, re-developed in house.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Just got an email saying they were in the US warehouse. I went to the HK site and they were already BO. It took me 30 seconds to get to the site. It seems like they are filling back orders with the ones they claim are in stock. Very frustrating situation. I think I'll wait for the newer version.
treeshurtz is offline Find More Posts by treeshurtz
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:30 PM
Joined Apr 2012
116 Posts
I wonder how long the BO will last. I put in one pretty quickly after they were showing in stock... At US warehouse... So hopefully we will be at the top of the queue.
elcid79 is offline Find More Posts by elcid79
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:18 AM
The ever learning newbie
Joined Dec 2006
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
They are also about to release the 9XR which is a revised version of the 9X, re-developed in house.

Mark
That's great to hear hopefully they will have some form of a preview video or other announcement soon
rab23us is offline Find More Posts by rab23us
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:36 AM
BillyG master daehrekcep
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,904 Posts
One hopes it will happen sooner rather than later. Apparently it's going to be a complete revamp with all the good bits that most people are doing after getting the stock 9X.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Apr 19, 2012, 04:02 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,166 Posts
And the $ will probably make a significant jump. I'd like to see a 40 plane memory.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy