SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 05, 2001, 02:55 PM
Sparta,WI,USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,634 Posts
I thought I had enough planes until.........

Last saturday my truck drive'n, E-fly'n buddy showed up at the field with a new bird. Don't know where he found the time to build anything with his schedule(do 18 wheelers have auto pilot?) He had a Sig Wonder that he had shrunk 30% and installed a speed 400 and a little folder from a Dymond Flipper. First flight was rock solid, even in the wind. It tracked perfectly, did huge loops and with three clicks of down trim would fly inverted and do outside loops until the juice ran out. Took it up high, cut the throttle, pulled full up and it would stall, drop its nose, level out as it picked up speed, stall again and repeat until power was applied. Rolls were axial. Duration on the 8-500AR's was about 5 minutes. This "Little Wonder" was such a blast that we hardly flew anything else that day.
Just happen to have an extra S 400's around. Also have an extra Flipper prop. Now to check the balsa supply..............
RonJ is offline Find More Posts by RonJ
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2001, 03:45 PM
heli on the brain
Apple Valley/Victorville, Ca
Joined Apr 2001
544 Posts
...enough planes???...yea right!!!...thats what the biker said about tattoo's as he sat down in the chair for another!
dezflyer is offline Find More Posts by dezflyer
Old Nov 05, 2001, 09:43 PM
ny
Joined Dec 2000
1,270 Posts
That is the great thing about this hobby there is always something new and different that you JUST have to have. I don't think you can ever run out of something new. It seems that in elec. there is something new out every week and things just get better. Now the 3D planes are comeing that should be a real blast.
russ6421 is offline Find More Posts by russ6421