HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined Feb 2006
2,386 Posts
Discussion
I need some help on a prop size and opinion if its going to work or not

I bought a foremost 160 from nitroplanes. ITS a big big jet. I dont want to make it edf but will put a turbine in it later. I wanted to know if I can do a pusher prop application on it. I will make the mount for the motor my question is if Im using a large 120mm edf motor with a 8mm shaft with a 935kv what size prop can i put on it. I was using this motor on 12s on a edf fan, but i know prop will be more efficent so i wanted to keep it light and use less cells. Please let me know your thoughts.
sherlockshah is offline Find More Posts by sherlockshah
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
You may have better luck in the edf thread. Some more variables are needed. What is the max amp draw of the motor? Obviously it can use up to 12s. There are different calculators out there that can give you amp draw etc. I'd put in your motor specs and battery and experiement with different prop sizes. As long as it doesn't over amp your motor you should be fine.
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents