SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 17, 2012, 08:28 PM
Turn down for what?
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
14,855 Posts
Ken,

That letter from the AMA is an informational packet. It provides details on who won the team selection bid, entry forms, and other information. The AMA sends these kind of packets out to anyone that is in a team program or has entered a team selection in the past few cycles. As an example of this, in 1999 I flew the F3J team selection (as bad as I am at F3K I am 100 times worse at F3J) and I got these kind of letters on the F3J team selection program for 5 or so years afterwards. Kenny, since you flew the 2011 cycle F3K team selection I am pretty confident that you would have gotten this letter even if you had not done the 2013 season team program. I'm getting it for the first time because I did the 2013 team program and I anticipate even if I didn't do the 2015 team program I would get one of these letters for a few years to come.

It is unfortunate that the letter doesn't mention the rules of the team selection qualification process but that information has been out on the web for a year now and has been in the team program documents posted here and in the USA FAI Yahoo group.

Ryan
rdwoebke is online now Find More Posts by rdwoebke
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2012, 10:17 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,651 Posts
Ok I got the package? What is the $20.00 fee for? Thought I already paid that.
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old May 17, 2012, 10:26 PM
Team ATX Pilot
Phx. Az.
Joined Nov 2004
1,311 Posts
You did, I think it's just part of the package. If Ryan has you in green you are a paid member. See you at beat the heat!
Donnie
dbone is offline Find More Posts by dbone
Old May 17, 2012, 10:32 PM
Jim C
Joined Sep 2009
1,473 Posts
The form says 2013 TS program fee. I am thinking it is a yearly fee. I need to call or email Colleen to confirm. I joined the program in 2011.
ShadowFalken is offline Find More Posts by ShadowFalken
Old May 17, 2012, 10:53 PM
Spins With Gliders
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Aug 2005
1,820 Posts
I believe that fee is a once-per-cycle fee. If you paid it since 2011, you're good.
djensen is offline Find More Posts by djensen
Old May 17, 2012, 10:54 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,294 Posts
Thanks Ryan.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old May 18, 2012, 09:15 AM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFalken View Post
The form says 2013 TS program fee. I am thinking it is a yearly fee. I need to call or email Colleen to confirm. I joined the program in 2011.
Shadow, if you are Jim Cokonis I have you as paying the 2013 team program fee in May of 2011 which makes you good for the 2013 team cycle (aka the team selection in Colorado this September and the thrust of this thread).

You will need to re-enter the team program sometime during 2013 or 2014 if you plan to participate in the 2015 team program.

Ryan
Old May 18, 2012, 10:10 AM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone View Post
You did, I think it's just part of the package. If Ryan has you in green you are a paid member. See you at beat the heat!
Donnie
Thanks Donnie
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old May 18, 2012, 10:13 AM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone View Post
See you at beat the heat!
I see Beat the Heat signs just about everywhere I go these past few days. I keep thinking about your contests but I'm not sure that is what people are talking about. Some kind of basketball competition I think.

Ryan
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:03 PM
Must Luv DLG
USA, CO, Golden
Joined Jul 2010
1,448 Posts
FYI about the next F3K cycle

I know we're probably already worn out getting ready for the TS 2012. I am!

During the past cycle there has been some confusion, and late cycle decisions about the F3K qualification system, and other related topics. I'm very glad to hear that the soaring committee chairman, Tom Kiesling, has jump started the 2015 cycle. I think this is welcome news, so that we can have a more orderly program, and hopefully get more people educated to how F3K works in a timely fashion.

Here is today's statement from Tom, as posted on the Yahoo soaring thread:

"officially the qualification process for the 2015 team will start July 1st, 2012 and end June 30th, 2014."
Launch-1 is online now Find More Posts by Launch-1
Last edited by Launch-1; Jun 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old Jun 09, 2012, 10:13 PM
patagonia,az
Joined Oct 2002
2,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke View Post
I see Beat the Heat signs just about everywhere I go these past few days. I keep thinking about your contests but I'm not sure that is what people are talking about. Some kind of basketball competition I think.

Ryan
hey Ryan

Beat the Heat is our summer series of DLG contests here in Arizona (for very good reasons !!!!!!)

we start early and try to finish before lunchtime.

Philip
DLG Scorer
pocket rocket is offline Find More Posts by pocket rocket
Old Jun 09, 2012, 11:48 PM
Turn down for what?
Joined Feb 2004
14,855 Posts
Phillip,

Yes, I know what your contest is/why it has its name. I might be one of the worst hand launch pilots of all times but I'm not a complete idiot.

When I made that joke the Miami Heat (a professional basketball team) were playing the Indiana Pacers (another professional basketball team) in the NBA (a basketball leauge) playoffs. I work in downtown Indianapolis (the capital of Indiana and the location that the Pacers play their home games) and there were a bunch of "Beat The Heat" signs all over the place. Every time I saw the signs I thought of your contest.

Ryan
Old Jun 10, 2012, 04:01 AM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch-1 View Post
I know we're probably already worn out getting ready for the TS 2012. I am!

During the past cycle there has been some confusion, and late cycle decisions about the F3K qualification system, and other related topics. I'm very glad to hear that the soaring committee chairman, Tom Kiesling, has jump started the 2015 cycle. I think this is welcome news, so that we can have a more orderly program, and hopefully get more people educated to how F3K works in a timely fashion.

Here is today's quote from Tom, as posted on the Yahoo soaring thread:

"officially the qualification process for the 2015 team will start July 21, 2012 and end June 30th, 2014."
Note that I changed this to a start date of July 1st, 2012 to accommodate some contests that have already been announced and sanctioned.

Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Last edited by Kiesling; Jun 10, 2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:08 AM
Germantown, Maryland
Joined Apr 2004
4,513 Posts
Anybody got an e that they can spare?
Phil Barnes is offline Find More Posts by Phil Barnes
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:16 AM
patagonia,az
Joined Oct 2002
2,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwoebke View Post
Phillip,

Yes, I know what your contest is/why it has its name. I might be one of the worst hand launch pilots of all times but I'm not a complete idiot.

When I made that joke the Miami Heat (a professional basketball team) were playing the Indiana Pacers (another professional basketball team) in the NBA (a basketball leauge) playoffs. I work in downtown Indianapolis (the capital of Indiana and the location that the Pacers play their home games) and there were a bunch of "Beat The Heat" signs all over the place. Every time I saw the signs I thought of your contest.

Ryan

hey Ryan

what's basketball ??

and for #@$@% sake it's LEAGUE !!!!!!!!! not leauge

Philip
pocket rocket is offline Find More Posts by pocket rocket