HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Sep 2004
808 Posts
Please take this to a new thread. Its time to get positive about the TS, and RMSA is prepared to conduct the contest under the current rules as Dave Jensen (CD) stated earlier. Thanks...
JOLOVINS is offline Find More Posts by JOLOVINS
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2012, 06:42 PM
Launch high. Fly low.
United States, CA, Lake Elsinore
Joined Aug 2003
4,201 Posts
Thanks, RCPC.

What's really the story with the Juniors? We need a Junior Team to defend the Gold!
I got my son a Radian Pro recently... He caught his first thermal last Saturday from 30feet and never went over 50feet for 2mins!

Another high launchin', low-flyin' jcat in the making! Watch out!!!

Soar!
Jun and RJ
jcats is offline Find More Posts by jcats
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:40 PM
Must Luv DLG
USA, CO, Golden
Joined Jul 2010
1,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
How many juniors have qualified, and how many have registered?
Hi Kenny,

I don't think that there is a qualification system that applies to Juniors. Possibly AMA membership is the only firm requirement. Essentially, it is an "open" contest for Juniors. If they show up, they will be allowed to fly. We have talked about the possiblity of requiring them to have flown in a prior contest (sanctioned???), but it's a question mark in my mind.

As far as I know, there is one Junior for sure; Alex Trussell (Gavin's son), even though he has not yet officially entered the TS. That's a different subject because I don't know if Juniors are required to pay the $20 to the AMA. There are a lot of "fuzzy" edges on the subject of Juniors. Alex flew in the ECHGLF last time, and I was there and very impressed to see him fly. Gavin is a great pilot, so with "Dad's" coaching, I'm sure that Alex will become a Force.

There is one other Junior who lives in Boulder, CO that may give it a go at the TS. I don't want to mention his name until we know for sure.

Anybody who knows a Junior that has potential to develop within a 9 month period and go to WC in Denmark, please feel free to encourage them to fly in the TS.
Launch-1 is offline Find More Posts by Launch-1
Last edited by Launch-1; Jun 14, 2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:57 PM
a.k.a. Matt Nelson
North Tustin, CA
Joined Oct 2008
1,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcats View Post
He caught his first thermal last Saturday from 30feet and never went over 50feet for 2mins!
AWESOME! That's better than some of my flights on the same day

btw, those don't look like Stobel wings on that B900...
MattN is online now Find More Posts by MattN
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:27 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch-1 View Post
Hi Kenny,

I don't think that there is a qualification system that applies to Juniors. Possibly AMA membership is the only firm requirement. Essentially, it is an "open" contest for Juniors. If they show up, they will be allowed to fly. We have talked about the possiblity of requiring them to have flown in a prior contest (sanctioned???), but it's a question mark in my mind.
There is a requirement for juniors to qualify. They just need to attend a 2 day qualification contest or 2 one day qualification contests. However, in the case of juniors, we obviously need to be flexible and do what ever it takes to get them to the Team Selection. They are required to go to the team selection to make the team. This is a hard requirement that can't be waived.

Tom
Kiesling is offline Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:36 PM
I'm all about that bass
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
15,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
How many juniors have qualified
For some reason I have trouble getting date of birth on the contest results I get from CDs.

If your name is in this spreadsheet and you were born after 12/31/1994 then you are a qualified Junior for the F3K team selection.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EE&pli=1#gid=0

If your name isn't in this spreadsheet and you were born after 12/31/1994 and you would like to enter the team selection I would suggest you send a note to Tom.

Ryan
rdwoebke is offline Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:49 PM
Must Luv DLG
USA, CO, Golden
Joined Jul 2010
1,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiesling View Post
There is a requirement for juniors to qualify. They just need to attend a 2 day qualification contest or 2 one day qualification contests. However, in the case of juniors, we obviously need to be flexible and do what ever it takes to get them to the Team Selection. They are required to go to the team selection to make the team. This is a hard requirement that can't be waived.

Tom
I stand corrected. There are qualifications for a Junior to fly the TS. Perhaps I should have said that they are not required to earn points in the way that the Seniors do.

Question for Ryan or Tom. When is the age cutoff to be a Junior? Is it their age at the time of the WC?

In any event to feed back to Kenny's question. I have only heard the rumor that one Junior, Alex Trussell will possibly fly in the TS.
Launch-1 is offline Find More Posts by Launch-1
Last edited by Launch-1; Jun 14, 2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:02 PM
usaf3kteam
Joined Sep 2005
5,712 Posts
One thing for sure the contest will be well run by very nice people and a great club RMSA. The field is a ten out of ten just like the Wilson fantastic. Hope weather is better than last time those were hard conditions very challenging. I don't mind the wind just the rain. Pilots have a chance to fly before the TS in the Blue Skies is always great. Cheers
rcgeorge is offline Find More Posts by rcgeorge
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined Sep 2004
808 Posts
Thanks George
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:17 PM
launch height can't fix stupid
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Jun 2005
1,281 Posts
Just letting everyone know that I am still available for teaming While I have received some generous offers, none that are worthy just yet!!

I will throw this out there now so people can prepare. If you have DLGs that you might want to get rid of, bring them to the TS. Lots of people there and some of us will be shopping. My Vandals are starting to show there age and I will probably be in the market for an upgrade. Trade timing and calling for a concept? Any takers? Hello?
corsha99 is online now Find More Posts by corsha99
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:45 PM
I'm all about that bass
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
15,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch-1 View Post
Question for Ryan or Tom. When is the age cutoff to be a Junior? Is it their age at the time of the WC?
You are a Junior up to and including the year that you turn 18. So if you are aged 18 or younger on 12/31/2013 (the year of the worlds) then you can compete as a Junior in that contest.

Ryan
rdwoebke is offline Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:17 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcats View Post
Thanks, RCPC.

What's really the story with the Juniors? We need a Junior Team to defend the Gold!
I got my son a Radian Pro recently... He caught his first thermal last Saturday from 30feet and never went over 50feet for 2mins!

Another high launchin', low-flyin' jcat in the making! Watch out!!!

Soar!
Jun and RJ
Does he have any interest in going to the TS? It would be great to have him there.

Tom
Kiesling is offline Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:34 AM
Spins With Gliders
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Aug 2005
1,822 Posts
hmmm.. that means he'll have to make a 2-day contest before he qualifies for the TS. Hmmm... Jun -- Maybe you should make June 23-24 at Blue Skies Over Colorado a family weekend! It'd be great to host the two of you! Imagine you winning the Open Trophy and your son winning the Sportsman Trophy! THAT would be COOL!
djensen is offline Find More Posts by djensen
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:24 AM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLOVINS View Post
Please take this to a new thread. Its time to get positive about the TS, and RMSA is prepared to conduct the contest under the current rules as Dave Jensen (CD) stated earlier. Thanks...
Sorry for beating a dead horse, John.

This year's TS is sure to go down in the books as a success. I have heard the field is top-notch and the planning committee is excellent and enthusiastic. Good luck!
Paul
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Sep 2004
808 Posts
Thanks Paul. BTW the first 6 guys have paid their entry to the AMA, we are on our way. Now lets get it up to 40? 50? I can dream.....