HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:23 PM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Nov 2011
113 Posts
Help!
nitro car need help

i keep wrecking lipos i am using a 7.4v 2s 450mah and all i am doing is running 2 servos i converted it from the double a batterys so i need to know what battery to use or if i still can use lipos or what PM or reply
tommy2toes is offline Find More Posts by tommy2toes
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:25 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,901 Posts
What do you mean by wrecking them?

If you're using a 2s lipo as a receiver pack you *should* be running a regulator and not plugging it straight into the receiver.

Are you over discharging them? You shouldn't be pulling them under 3.7v/cell with no load on the pack.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:30 PM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Nov 2011
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
What do you mean by wrecking them?

If you're using a 2s lipo as a receiver pack you *should* be running a regulator and not plugging it straight into the receiver.

Are you over discharging them? You shouldn't be pulling them under 3.7v/cell with no load on the pack.
yes i go to charge them and it turns them in to a 1 cell so i think im over discharging but i dont know what battery to use
tommy2toes is offline Find More Posts by tommy2toes
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:00 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,901 Posts
It's not the battery that's the issue, it's that you don't have anything to protect the battery from being over dischagred and you're also giving too much power to the receiver and servos (unless they're all high voltage).

If you want to run a 2s lipo for an RX pack you need a regulator:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tage-Regulator
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons