HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:01 PM
United States, CA, Castroville
Joined Mar 2012
36 Posts
Discussion
issues with aileron and collective for trex 450 SA

hey.. i'm almost done setting up my trex 450 SA, got the radio mostly to where it needs to be... but on the control test i ran in to an issue. i use the hitec optic 6 sport 2.4ghz radio set to heli mode and when i move the collective/throttle, the 3 servos move like they should but when i move the aileron to the left the swash plate pitches right and go right it pitches left when viewed from behind. if i reverse the servo functions or even the ATV then the collective is thrown out of whack but have actual aileron control. i was wondering if any one else is having this issue? now mind you i am useing mixed servos, 2 hitec HS55 for aileron and pitch, a JR sub micro for elevator and an eflight S72 for the rudder. if its the mixed servos that are the issue then i can have 4 matching ones ordered through work. please let me know what might be the issue.
nikkievix is offline Find More Posts by nikkievix
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:14 PM
Tom
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2011
259 Posts
Set your transmitter up so that the servos react correctly to forward/backwards/left/right flight. Then, if the collective is wrong, go into the swash mix section of your transmitter and reverse the pitch - it will be something like +75 so make that -75. If that doesn't correct it, try the aileron and elevator settings as negatives (mine took a negative elevator because I have a reverse 120 setup on a Dynam 450). The swash mix is where you will get the collective to operate properly.
tom4416 is offline Find More Posts by tom4416
Old Apr 15, 2012, 03:39 AM
Joined Mar 2012
36 Posts
i"ll try 4hat in the morning.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 04:48 AM
Joined Mar 2012
36 Posts
ok, so changing the swash plate values actualy worked and i now have all controls set properly.