HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:33 AM
Omnipote
Louisville, KY
Joined Apr 2001
665 Posts
Discussion
So it is Going to Come Down to Four Things

Was it Zimmerman's or Martin's voice screaming on the telephone?

Does Zimmerman's injuries support his version of the events?

Does Martin's injuries support Zimmerman's version of the events?

Does the gun shot and gunpowder evidence place Zimmerman at point blank range or at a greater distance?

All of the hype and racism on both sides of this case are nonsense and meaningless.

The fact that the prosecutor charged Zimmerman with second degree murder instead of first degree murder is actually the only thing we really know about this case. If he had been charged with first degree murder the prosecutor has solid evidence that he just shot Martin in cold blood. Obviously they don't have that evidence.

Time will tell if the prosecutor can prove these four points.
stone_axe is offline Find More Posts by stone_axe
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:23 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
It's not so much the degree of murder that's the crucial point now - it's that whatever Zimmerman did was 'illegal' and therefore punishable!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:29 AM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_axe View Post

Does the gun shot and gunpowder evidence place Zimmerman at point blank range or at a greater distance?

All of the hype and racism on both sides of this case are nonsense and meaningless.
most of us realize Martins' injuries (leading to death) weren't released yet.If there was a struggle...before the gunshot,there should be powder burns.

...adding truth to Zimmermans story.

Hype and meaningless.?hardly...the outcome of this case is bigger than the Rodney King incident...how come.?

..It involves a youth...with the natural implication of innocence..
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:30 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
It's not so much the degree of murder that's the crucial point now - it's that whatever Zimmerman did was 'illegal' and therefore punishable!
That is only the case if what Zimmerman did is found to be illegal.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:16 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
796 Posts
I thought the difference between 1st degree and 2nd degree murder was 1st degree involved premeditation and planning for the deed in advance?

Maybe different in different States?
me11owman is offline Find More Posts by me11owman
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:32 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,794 Posts
The huge difference is Florida is that a 1st degree case has to go to a grand jury first and 2nd degree can be sent forward by the prosecutor......that is probably the main reason it is 2nd degree......
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:32 PM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
192 Posts
Quote:

The fact that the prosecutor charged Zimmerman with second degree murder instead of first degree murder is actually the only thing we really know about this case. If he had been charged with first degree murder the prosecutor has solid evidence that he just shot Martin in cold blood. Obviously they don't have that evidence.

So, you think Zimmerman's pursuit of Martin is of no consequence? Martin's "running"? Zimmerman's clearly establishing "ill-will" towards the "" he didn't want to "get away"?

We'll see. But I think you're incorrect.
rcposter is online now Find More Posts by rcposter
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:38 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
Quote:
You misstated it.

"It's IF whatever Zimmerman did was illegal, then it is punishable; if proven 'beyond a reasonable doubt.'"
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Dec 2005
1,817 Posts
Quote:

I agree. The evidence that we can glean from news reports is spotty, some for, some against Zimmerman's account. If the 4 things you mention match up with Zimmerman's account, he will probably walk.

All of the events leading up to the shooting only show that Zimmerman could possibly have had it out for the kid from the get go. They don't prove he wanted to shoot him, or that he intended to shoot him. The show that in his mind he had Trayvon framed as someone who didn't belong in the neighborhood and who was up to no good. It is a fairly big leap to also say they show that he had intention of tracking him down and killing him.
BushmanLA is offline Find More Posts by BushmanLA
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:47 PM
Parrothead Extraordinaire
Island of Margaritaville.No parallels of latitude or longitude mark the spot exactly. Passports are not required
Joined Sep 2002
797 Posts
I'm willing to bet if Martin were white this would be back page news...
Mark Gund is offline Find More Posts by Mark Gund
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:52 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gund View Post
I'm willing to bet if Martin were white this would be back page news...
If Zimmerman used his mothers maiden name this would be back page news.
saltyzoo is online now Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:57 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Huh?? Isn't that what's supposed to be decided in court??
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:09 PM
Sausalito Marin Cty, California, United States
Joined Aug 2004
890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
Huh?? Isn't that what's supposed to be decided in court??
No. The media has already established that Zimmerman is guilty of racially hunting down, and killing in cold blood, an innocent 12 year black kid. Who needs the court? We have Jackson and Sharpton and the media to tell us who is guilty and of what.
wab25 is offline Find More Posts by wab25
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Mar 2012
0 Posts
I am afraid that one day the black community is going to awaken to discover that they have mistaken the white mans tolerance for weakness. When that day occurs, it will be too late and they will have nobody to blame but the bigots and racists that led them down this path of hatred. On one hand, I find it hard to comprehend that this certain type of "black community" is so replete with ignorance that they would continue to subscribe to the racist rhetoric of their so-called leaders. On the other hand my husband and I find their actions illustrate their ignorance for the entire world to witness. These are the same people who have hate for my husband who is a black conservitive and to them he is somebody to fear. He is not following like a sheep, he has left the plantation, made a wonderful life for his family.
blueburbs is offline Find More Posts by blueburbs
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:18 PM
United States, FL, North Palm Beach
Joined Jul 2004
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
You misstated it.

"It's IF whatever Zimmerman did was illegal, then it is punishable; if proven 'beyond a reasonable doubt.'"
Not in the court of ENGINTORQUE. Hey, that even rhymes!
lordsirob is online now Find More Posts by lordsirob