HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by mfwilliams, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:53 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
United States, FL, Plantation
Joined Sep 2001
1,123 Posts
Discussion
04-07-12

Last Saturday Gordon Buckland returned to our hill for anoher 8 hour slope flight for his LSF 5 certification. Even though Gordon had achieved his 8 hour slope flight last year he decided to return and "enjoy" another attempt. Gordon picked a good day. Winds were a little weak before 11:00am, but afterward they stayed pretty consistently at 15mph. Paul and Mike assisted Gordon and acted as LSF "witnesses". While most of our regular flyers flew the NE bowl, Paul and Mike kept Gordon on the NE point so he could work either side of the point during wind shifts. Gordon succeded, landing a few minutes after 5pm. After a quick pack up, the crew headed over a local restaurant for a few minutes of "atta-boys". A great ending to a long day for Gordon and crew. I've attached a link to Miami Mike's video of his Shadow flying alongside:
Shadow Slope flight.wmv (2 min 55 sec)

Enjoy,
Mike
mfwilliams is offline Find More Posts by mfwilliams
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 01:32 AM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Jan 2010
3 Posts
Hi Mike,
I just saw your post and the site looked familiar! How are you and the boys? Nice pics.
Good flying here in SoCal.
Best, to All,
Andy
droidit11 is offline Find More Posts by droidit11
Old Apr 14, 2012, 04:28 PM
AMA7224 LSF1832
United States, DE, Seaford
Joined Sep 2008
3,530 Posts
A hearty Well Done to Gordon!!!! Great photos as always sir!!
Leadchucker is offline Find More Posts by Leadchucker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Eagle has landed
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:12 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Mt Annan Sydney Australia
Joined Dec 2003
23,416 Posts
I've been lurking around on your blog for quite a while on and off Mike ,but I always enjoy the photo's and you guys look to have a great time on that hill Cheers
SteveW down under slope flyer
steve wenban is online now Find More Posts by steve wenban
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:46 PM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,615 Posts
Beautiful Photos thanks for sharing.

You guys have a nice site to fly slope. I especially enjoy the PSS plane photos.
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member